PDA

View Full Version : Police: York County man attacked cashier because he was upset with how his groceries were bagged

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2019, 10:47 AM
by Keith Schweigert - FOX 43

https://i.imgur.com/5QQ93La.jpg

FAIRVIEW TOWNSHIP, York County — A 55-year-old Fairview Township man is facing an assault charge after police he attacked an employee at a Giant Food Store on York Road earlier this month.

Bradley A. Bower, of Brandt Avenue, is charged with one count of simple assault in the incident, which occurred on Feb. 2.

Police say Bower attacked a cashier after he was upset with the way his groceries were being bagged. Bower later told police the cashier put canned goods in the same grocery bag as the chips Bower and his wife were purchasing, and the chips were smashed. Bower said he asked the cashier to stop bagging his groceries that way.

As Bower was leaving, the cashier told police, he asked cashier, “Do you have a problem with me? Because I have a problem with you.” The cashier said he thought Bower was joking, and replied, “Do you?”

Bower then attacked the cashier, placing his hand around the cashier’s neck. The cashier told police he shoved Bower away from him, and other employees then stepped in to separate them.

Police say the cashier suffered bruising to his neck.

The incident was captured on the store’s surveillance system, and police say their review of the footage supported the cashier’s claim.

Bower was charged via summons, police say.

DemonGeminiX
04-02-2019, 11:40 AM
:dunno:

Bag the shit yourself then, jackass.

Hal-9000
04-02-2019, 02:57 PM
Ya really...we do most of the bagging ourselves at food stores.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2019, 03:00 PM
I use the self checkout 99% of the time, so I'm always bagging my own.

Muddy
04-02-2019, 03:10 PM
I go to a store where the baggers are polite and courteous and know how to bag properly.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2019, 03:12 PM
I go to a store where the baggers are polite and courteous and know how to bag properly.

:privilege:

Muddy
04-02-2019, 03:14 PM
:privilege:

Very privileged.. I love it..!!

Muddy
04-02-2019, 03:16 PM
I also know how to use a fork properly and I eat my meals with a napkin in my lap..!! :dance:

DemonGeminiX
04-02-2019, 03:59 PM
I also know how to use a fork properly and I eat my meals with a napkin in my lap..!! :dance:

Do you wash the dishes afterwards too, Sally, or does your husband help carry the load?

Muddy
04-02-2019, 05:40 PM
Do you wash the dishes afterwards too, Sally, or does your husband help carry the load?

Stand down, Shrek.. :hand:

fricnjay
04-02-2019, 05:55 PM

I never self checkout, I'm not getting paid to do it they are. The stores prices that i'm paying go to pay their salaries so why should I.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2019, 05:57 PM
I never self checkout, I'm not getting paid to do it they are. The stores prices that i'm paying go to pay their salaries so why should I.

Settle down there Princess :rolleyes:

Hal-9000
04-02-2019, 05:59 PM
I avoid the self check out because there's always some problem and I have to ask someone to come over anyways :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2019, 06:03 PM
I avoid the self check out because there's always some problem and I have to ask someone to come over anyways :lol:

Maybe that level of tech is a little too advanced for you. Here's something that might be more your speed :)

https://i.imgur.com/j1MsSGQ.jpg

Hal-9000
04-02-2019, 06:40 PM
Maybe that level of tech is a little too advanced for you. Here's something that might be more your speed :)

https://i.imgur.com/j1MsSGQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ovm8Zb5.gif

It always asks me about the bag and won't let me continue and then there are issues with some items and bar codes that don't work or are missing.

I stood there for 10 minutes trying to scan a head of lettuce :-s

fricnjay
04-02-2019, 06:44 PM
And you always have to ask for help when buying beer. :meh:

8-[

Hal-9000
04-02-2019, 06:48 PM
We have a little self help area corral...people line up at the entrance way and are allowed in behind the fence like a ride at the fair :lol:

It's always a 10 deep wait at the self checkout so why not go to the cashier with 5 only people?