PDA

View Full Version : Georgia teen drove 106 mph, used Snapchat before crash that killed friend pleads guilty to charges: report

Teh One Who Knocks
04-10-2019, 10:53 AM
By Bradford Betz | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/LcEqJGYh.jpg

A Georgia teen who pleaded guilty Monday to multiple charges in connection with a car crash that killed her best friend last year had been driving 106 mph and using Snapchat before the crash, prosecutors said.

Christina Pavon-Baker, was driving with her 18-year-old friend, Makayla Penn, in Clayton County when she crashed the car, prosecutors said. The car flipped several times before slamming into a tree, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

Pavon-Baker was severely injured in the crash, but Penn did not survive. Pavon-Baker was only 17 at the time. Channel 2 Action News reported that Pavon-Baker and Penn were skipping school.
On Monday, Pavon-Baker pleaded guilty to first-degree vehicular homicide and reckless driving, the report said. She was sentenced to 15 years in prison, but is only required to three years in the Clayton County Jail before serving probation, WXIA reported.

“I just want to apologize and I do accept full responsibility,” Pavon-Baker said after pleading guilty. “And I really want to express from the bottom of my heart how truly sorry I am.”

Teh One Who Knocks
04-10-2019, 10:54 AM
She was sentenced to 15 years in prison, but is only required to three years in the Clayton County Jail before serving probation, WXIA reported.

:|

RBP
04-10-2019, 10:57 AM
Tom Jones needs to fix that auto-correct.

Hal-9000
04-10-2019, 04:29 PM
Why don't the texters and phone users die in these crashes? It's always someone else :|