PDA

View Full Version : Creeping PC police: Now you can get reported for watching Ben Shapiro in your own dorm

RBP
04-10-2019, 12:26 PM
A student at Michigan State University filed a bias complaint against his roommate because he was watching a YouTube video of Ben Shapiro. Shockingly, administrators granted a room change request for the petty complaint.

Shapiro, a popular conservative pundit whose appearances on college campuses are often protested by liberal students, has countless viral videos and is by no means a radical figure. He is a conservative Jew who is editor-in-chief for the Daily Wire.

The College Fix obtained the actual complaint via a public records act request:

“Ben Shapiro is known for his inflammatory speech that criticizes and attacks the African American community,” the student wrote in his report against his roommate. “I thought hate had no place on MSU’s campus yet MSU has roomed me with someone who supports hate speach [sic].”

This report was just one of 35 filed with Michigan State’s “Public Incident” website in the fall semester of 2018.

This complaint about the Shapiro video is particularly alarming for a few reasons. First, it shows the intolerance towards conservative views on campus. But furthermore, it shows that students cannot watch a political video in the privacy of their own dorm room without being written up! This private act qualified as a “public incident” not only worthy of review, but of action from the housing administration.

Michigan State’s bias reporting system “allows anonymous students and faculty to report incidents, no matter how private, to the university for investigation and adjudication,” according to the Fix.

Other complaints through the bias system included:

A discarded game of “hangman” was left on a whiteboard in a residence hall; the word “SOUTH” was the last one played.

An MSU student posted a Snapchat video in which he says, “I hate white people.”

An MSU student found an Instagram photo where some young women were debating whether one of them looks “Indian” in the comments section. The women were not connected to MSU.

A student complained twice in three days that someone posted a cartoon making fun of liberals in a residence hall and it offended her.

A student used a residence hall list to e-mail her political beliefs to an entire dorm.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-10-2019, 12:32 PM
https://i.imgur.com/bCTyuWF.png

Teh One Who Knocks
04-10-2019, 12:52 PM
An MSU student found an Instagram photo where some young women were debating whether one of them looks “Indian” in the comments section. The women were not connected to MSU.

How is this even something you can complain about to the school FFS? :facepalm:

It's like I've been saying for awhile now, I swear there are people that wake up every day and purposely go out and look for things to be "offended" by.

RBP
04-10-2019, 01:09 PM
*They* decide what is "hate" and can therefore use any means necessary to fight it. And those methods are not also "hate", they are "social justice".

:deadhorse:

DemonGeminiX
04-10-2019, 01:18 PM
Awww... but the whiner will miss out on the "So fresh, so face!" drinking game.

RBP
04-10-2019, 01:20 PM
Awww... but the whiner will miss out on the "So fresh, so face!" drinking game.

Between this, Omar, and the Israeli election, Shapiro may be spitting blood today. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
04-10-2019, 01:22 PM
Can't wait. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-10-2019, 01:29 PM
*They* decide what is "hate" and can therefore use any means necessary to fight it. And those methods are not also "hate", they are "social justice".

:deadhorse:

How can you complain to the school about something that the school has no control over nor even has anything to do with the school? :-s

:slap:

RBP
04-10-2019, 01:29 PM
Can't wait. :lol:

Oh! Plus AOC saying the migrant crisis is the result of global warming. No explanation on how exactly. :rofl:

RBP
04-10-2019, 01:30 PM
How can you complain to the school about something that the school has no control over nor even has anything to do with the school? :-s

:slap:

Because the student (and like minded radicals) defined it as exposure to hate speech on campus. The end.

Book burning can't be far behind.

DemonGeminiX
04-10-2019, 01:40 PM
Oh! Plus AOC saying the migrant crisis is the result of global warming. No explanation on how exactly. :rofl:

AOC and Omar in one episode! We're getting a "fresh faces, so fresh, so face" today!!!! Get your beer ready!!!!