PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Dem Candidate Andrew Yang Casts Himself As The Opposite Of Trump Because … Math?

Teh One Who Knocks
04-17-2019, 12:40 PM
Mary Margaret Olohan | Reporter - The Daily Caller

https://i.imgur.com/yOz8Oorl.jpg

Democratic 2020 presidential candidate Andrew Yang drew a crowd in Washington, D.C., Monday as he held a rally at the Lincoln Memorial, telling those gathered that the opposite of President Donald Trump is “an Asian man who likes math.”

The rally attracted about 500 people, according to the Washington Examiner. Students from George Washington University, American University, and Georgetown University attended the rally wearing Yang 2020 attire and hats that said “MATH,” according to Business Insider, a talking point that Yang emphasized throughout the rally.

“The opposite of Donald Trump is an Asian man who likes math,” Yang told the gathered crowds, Business Insider reports.

The 44-year-old candidate took the stage shouting, “Yang Gang! Yes, yes, holy crap,” according to the Washington Examiner. Yang is a self-professed entrepreneur who started Venture for America, a non profit meant to “help bring talented young entrepreneurs to create thousands of jobs in Detroit, Cleveland, St. Louis, Birmingham, Baltimore and other cities around the country,” Yang wrote in an op-ed to CNN.

Despite his lack of political background, Yang touts his technologically savvy campaign and his mathematical skills as a sign that America needs a new approach to politics, Business Insider reports. The publication compared Yang’s unique approach to that of Trump’s campaign, and Yang himself said, “Make America Think Harder,” according to the Washington Examiner. (RELATED: Andrew Yang To Campaign Via Hologram)

“I’m going to be the first president to use PowerPoint at the State of the Union,” he said, referencing his technological approach reflected in the Quick Response codes given to attendees at the rally, Business Insider reported.

Yang wants to implement a system of universal basic income, “The Freedom Dividend,” that gives every American $1,000 a month, the Washington Examiner reports.

Yang repeatedly used the phrases “I look at the numbers” and “math,” to which the crowds would begin chanting,”MATH!”

Yang reportedly urged them to continue chanting, saying, “Chant my name! Chant my name!”

Yang has also said that he wants to implement a digital social credit system, much like the one used in China, to award citizens for “participating in a town fair,” “fixing a neighbor’s appliance” or “tutoring a student, as Yang’s campaign website reveals.

DemonGeminiX
04-17-2019, 01:19 PM
There's a reason to elect someone: He's Asian and he's good at math.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-17-2019, 01:22 PM
There's a reason to elect someone: He's Asian and he's good at math.

And he wants a digital social credit system just like they use in China so we can all gauge our worth to the government :tup:

RBP
04-17-2019, 01:38 PM
He has policy statements out the yingYang. Expansive and detailed. Versus the rest of the field with virtually nothing. Mayor Pete thinks he might get around to policy in May or so. I don't agree with it all either, but it certainly refreshing to near a candidate try to engage actual issues instead of doing nothing but spewing bullshit talking points, Trump hate, and the new "intersectional" garbage.

Speaking of which, his audio book should arrive shortly. :)

Teh One Who Knocks
04-17-2019, 01:51 PM
He has policy statements out the yingYang. Expansive and detailed. Versus the rest of the field with virtually nothing. Mayor Pete thinks he might get around to policy in May or so. I don't agree with it all either, but it certainly refreshing to near a candidate try to engage actual issues instead of doing nothing but spewing bullshit talking points, Trump hate, and the new "intersectional" garbage.

Speaking of which, his audio book should arrive shortly. :)

Bernie has plenty of detailed policy :dunno:

DemonGeminiX
04-17-2019, 02:04 PM
And he wants a digital social credit system just like they use in China so we can all gauge our worth to the government :tup:

Yeah, that's seriously fucked up.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-17-2019, 02:06 PM
I went and looked at Yang's policy page, here's a few of the awesomest ones:

Make Washington, DC, a State - Why?

Make Election Day a Holiday - Why?

18 Year Term Limit for Supreme Court Justices - Hmmmm....I wonder why this came about? :roll:

Lower the Voting Age to 16 - Look, free democrat votes!

Ranked Choice Voting - Yes, let's be like other countries because what's worked for the last 243 years suddenly needs to be overhauled because Orange Man Bad

Decriminalize Opioids - Really?

LGBTQ Rights - We definitely need to pander to that huge less than 1% of the population by legislating MORE hate crime laws

Pathway to Citizenship for Undocumented Immigrants - Look, free democrat votes!

Support the DREAM Act - Look, free democrat votes!

Right to Privacy/Abortion and Contraception - It's a right? Really?

Fight for Equal Pay - Pretty sure that's already a thing, equal pay

Carbon Fee and Dividend - w00t! More tax money!

Increase Teacher Salaries - State issue, not the federal government

Make Puerto Rico a State - Why?

News and Information Ombudsman - New propaganda ministry

Reduce Student Loan Burden - Don't go to school and take out massive loans for a useless degree. Boom, I solved it

Medicare for All - Yes, I want the federal government completely in control of healthcare, no problem there at all

Net Neutrality - Really? This dead horse still?

And that's not even scratching the surface of what's on his website. :facepalm:

DemonGeminiX
04-17-2019, 02:13 PM
Just another Democrat that wants to wipe his ass with the Constitution.

He wants gun control like all Democrats. He says that gun ownership is a privilege. I'm sorry, I didn't know we had a Bill of Privileges.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-17-2019, 02:22 PM
Just another Democrat that wants to wipe his ass with the Constitution.

He wants to regulate gun control like all Democrats. He says that gun ownership is a privilege. I'm sorry, I didn't know we had a Bill of Privileges.

Yes, somehow the 2nd Amendment has become a privilege and things like abortion and contraceptives are a 'right'. I guess I must have missed some things that they did with the Constitution while I wasn't looking. :-k

RBP
04-17-2019, 03:50 PM
He also thinks eliminating the electoral college is insanity, unlike the entire rest of (D) field. I eliminated Mayor Pete for that reason.

His positions are more nuanced than the headlines. He actually doesn't want medicare for all and recognizes the system would collapse with the current reimbursement rates. But he does favor a single-payer system, where the way doctors are allocated and trained is different, massive bureaucracies are eliminated, and top tier private plans are still available if you can afford one.

Point being he's a smart analytical guy who favors the smartest ideas. Right now, he's the only one worth paying any attention to, with the possible exception of John Delany who I just don't know anything about yet.

Take the hour to listen to Shapiro's interview with Yang. They agree on a lot of things.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-17-2019, 03:59 PM
He also thinks eliminating the electoral college is insanity, unlike the entire rest of (D) field. I eliminated Mayor Pete for that reason.

His positions are more nuanced than the headlines. He actually doesn't want medicare for all and recognizes the system would collapse with the current reimbursement rates. But he does favor a single-payer system, where the way doctors are allocated and trained is different, massive bureaucracies are eliminated, and top tier private plans are still available if you can afford one.

Point being he's a smart analytical guy who favors the smartest ideas. Right now, he's the only one worth paying any attention to, with the possible exception of John Delany who I just don't know anything about yet.

Take the hour to listen to Shapiro's interview with Yang. They agree on a lot of things.

I will concede that maybe he has a few good ideas on things. But then that gets negated by the dozens of asinine things he is supporting on his website as his policies. I mean come on, lowering the voting age? Making the illegals citizens? C'mon man! :lol:

RBP
04-17-2019, 04:16 PM
I will concede that maybe he has a few good ideas on things. But then that gets negated by the dozens of asinine things he is supporting on his website as his policies. I mean come on, lowering the voting age? Making the illegals citizens? C'mon man! :lol:

I hear you, and agree. I am waiting for someone to ask him the elephant in the room. As a nation, can we have porous border and UBI. Because if we think UBI is a smart path forward, I think it has to be predicated on tight borders.

What do you think we will have to do to fix the millions in country illegally? Shut down the fucking border is number one to me, but then what? Deporting 15 million brown people will never fly if it was even possible.

But yes, lowering the voting age is just dumb. I'd have to read his reasoning. I don't see Yang as set on anything other than UBI. The rest is open to reason and debate. I actually do agree that eliminating earmarks has backfired. Now Congress has nothing to negotiate or horse trade over to get anything done.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-17-2019, 04:20 PM
Lower the Voting Age to 16

Brief

While the 2018 midterm elections saw the highest turnout in a non-presidential year since 1914, that turnout was still under 50%. Presidential election turnout hovers between 50% and 65%. This is low. While reforms making it easier to vote should be implemented as well, we can also increase civic engagement and regular voting by lowering the voting age.

Studies show that allowing younger people to vote has positive impacts on overall voting habits. Localities that have lowered the voting age have seen an increase in voter turnout across all age groups. Other studies have shown that delaying when a person first votes (because of birth dates and election cycles) decreases the likelihood that they will become a regular voter.

At 16, Americans don’t have hourly limits imposed on their work, and they pay taxes. Their livelihoods are directly impacted by legislation, and they should therefore be allowed to vote for their representatives.

Additionally, because of election cycles, there’s a level of unfairness that comes with what year a person is born. Senators are on a 6-year cycle, and the president is on a 4-year cycle, not to mention local offices. Someone born at the wrong time in a cycle would have to wait much longer to cast a ballot for certain offices than someone born at another time. While that’s true if the voting age is lowered to 16, it decreases the age at which the person is first allowed to vote for that office, thus allowing them to have a longer period of their life where they feel represented.

https://www.yang2020.com/policies/votingage/

Teh One Who Knocks
04-17-2019, 04:23 PM
I hear you, and agree. I am waiting for someone to ask him the elephant in the room. As a nation, can we have porous border and UBI. Because if we think UBI is a smart path forward, I think it has to be predicated on tight borders.

What do you think we will have to do to fix the millions in country illegally? Shut down the fucking border is number one to me, but then what? Deporting 15 million brown people will never fly if it was even possible.

But yes, lowering the voting age is just dumb. I'd have to read his reasoning. I don't see Yang as set on anything other than UBI. The rest is open to reason and debate. I actually do agree that eliminating earmarks has backfired. Now Congress has nothing to negotiate or horse trade over to get anything done.

I agree that illegal immigration is a touchy subject and I agree with you that first and foremost the borders need to be locked down. We can't keep letting happen what is going on now (thanks Reagan, that was one of your biggest fuck-ups). Until we end the free flow of illegals coming across the border, there's nothing else that can be done. And we need to stop trivializing it. They aren't fucking "undocumented migrants" they are ILLEGAL ALIENS and then need to be dealt with as such.

And deporting the 15 to 20 million that are already here might not be feasible nor am I proposing a round-up of them, but there's nothing wrong with deporting them as they are caught and this sanctuary city bullshit needs to be stopped. If an illegal is caught by a LEA then they need to turn that person over to ICE for deportation after legal proceedings are completed with the crime they were detained for.

RBP
04-17-2019, 04:26 PM
I agree that illegal immigration is a touchy subject and I agree with you that first and foremost the borders need to be locked down. We can't keep letting happen what is going on now (thanks Reagan, that was one of your biggest fuck-ups). Until we end the free flow of illegals coming across the border, there's nothing else that can be done. And we need to stop trivializing it. They aren't fucking "undocumented migrants" they are ILLEGAL ALIENS and then need to be dealt with as such.

And deporting the 15 to 20 million that are already here might not be feasible nor am I proposing a round-up of them, but there's nothing wrong with deporting them as they are caught and this sanctuary city bullshit needs to be stopped. If an illegal is caught by a LEA then they need to turn that person over to ICE for deportation after legal proceedings are completed with the crime they were detained for.

Even that gets complicated. What about the family attached? You can't ship out a single parent and leave 3 kids with no guardian. And yes, Reagan fucked that up. I should add his amnesty to my list, which includes ignoring AIDS and starting the crack epidemic. :lol: