View Full Version : College students turn to THERAPY DONKEYS to help them de-stress

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2019, 11:41 AM
Jon Street - Campus Reform

https://i.imgur.com/EKxg1Awl.jpg

The State University of New York-Plattsburgh offered students the chance to de-stress with therapy donkeys, just ahead of finals.

"Today until 3 there will be a Wellness Fair at Macomb Hall! Behind the building you can find therapy donkeys," the school's admissions office said in a May 1 tweet, which was accompanied by photos of students petting and interacting with the animals.
"Destress with donkeys day! We had donkeys on campus today to help have some fun right before finals!" another tweet from the event read.
According to WCAX-TV, the New York nonprofit organization Thera Pets provided the donkeys.

"These animals work miracles," said Ken Besaw, a representative of the group. "They do truly miracle work because they can make you feel better if you feel bad."

It's not the first time a college has brought in furry animals to help students de-stress ahead of or during finals.

In 2017, the University of South Florida, Radford University, and the University of California-Berkeley brought in therapy llamas for finals.

In 2018, a host of colleges offered various ways for students to de-stress during finals. The University of Massachusetts, Lowell, for example, offered free massage chairs, as Campus Reform previously reported.

DemonGeminiX
05-09-2019, 11:41 AM
What happened to hitting the gym?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2019, 11:43 AM
What happened to hitting the gym?

What happened to, you know, being an actual adult and dealing with your responsibilities?

Finals make me feel bad :sad2:

DemonGeminiX
05-09-2019, 11:50 AM
Exercise is good for alleviating stress. And yes, despite your ragging on it, college can be stressful, or at least it used to be back when I was there. To alleviate the stress, I would hit the gym and throw some weights around and the stress would disappear. It's not skirting your responsibilities.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2019, 11:54 AM
Life is stressful :dunno:

lost in melb.
05-09-2019, 11:59 AM
I have nothing against the idea, but wouldn't a campus dog be more practical. :-k

DemonGeminiX
05-09-2019, 11:59 AM
Life is stressful :dunno:

Yeah, but you can do something about the stress.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2019, 12:01 PM
Yeah, but you can do something about the stress.

:-k

:machinegun:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2019, 12:01 PM
I have nothing against the idea, but wouldn't a campus dog be more practical. :-k

It's all about the absurdity of it. Gotta stand out you know.

Godfather
05-10-2019, 02:44 AM
Exercise is good for alleviating stress. And yes, despite your ragging on it, college can be stressful, or at least it used to be back when I was there. To alleviate the stress, I would hit the gym and throw some weights around and the stress would disappear. It's not skirting your responsibilities.

There's actually no better medicine.

They have therapy dogs at the airport here now. Kinda goofy... but at the same time, nobody with a heart says no to petting a nice pup in the midst of a stressful travel day :lol:

RBP
05-10-2019, 04:43 AM

Dog cocks are too small for this level of anxiety relief. They need donkey cock.

lost in melb.
05-10-2019, 08:05 AM
Dog cocks are too small for this level of anxiety relief. They need donkey cock.

:disapproval: