PDA

View Full Version : ‘Ski rage’ attack leaves teen with hole in skull, ‘pool of blood in his brain’

Teh One Who Knocks
05-28-2019, 10:51 AM
Tribune Media Wire

VANCOUVER, British Columbia — A father and the Mounties are trying to find witnesses to a suspected “ski rage” attack that left a teenager with a bullet-sized hole in his skull.

Father David Keir says his son Max, 13, swerved to avoid a man in a yellow ski jacket while at Grouse Mountain in North Vancouver, British Columbia, on March 30, the CBC reports.

Keir believes the man was angered by the near-collision and says he rammed his ski pole toward Max “with such significant force that it went all the way through his skull and into his brain.”

Max received a few stitches afterward, but his family didn’t realize the extent of the injury until that evening, when he was taken to a hospital after becoming dazed and vomiting.

Doctors performed emergency surgery after discovering the ski pole had gone more than an inch into his brain.
“There were bone fragments and a pool of blood in his brain,” Keir said at a Royal Canadian Mounted Police news conference Wednesday. “When doctors showed me that image, you freak out as a parent.”

He says Max is slowly recovering and can now attend school for an hour a day.

The Mounties say that with “all available investigational avenues” exhausted, they don’t have enough evidence to say whether the incident was deliberate or accidental, though Keir believes it is definitely the former, the Vancouver Sun reports.

“Someone is out there with big time anger issues,” he says. “Maybe that person will do the right thing and come forward or, at the very least, get some help.”

PorkChopSandwiches
05-28-2019, 04:10 PM
soorry ay

Hal-9000
05-28-2019, 04:43 PM
I've heard of some dust ups between skiers and snow boarders when one thinks the other has impeded them or cut them off. Boarders will run across the skis of the two plankers when it gets nasty.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-28-2019, 04:44 PM
I thought everyone in Canada was polite [-(

Hal-9000
05-28-2019, 04:45 PM
I thought everyone in Canada was polite [-(

That's the reputation we encourage...

:shifty:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-28-2019, 04:46 PM
This never would have happened in Colorado :nono:

Hal-9000
05-28-2019, 04:47 PM
This never would have happened in Colorado :nono:

:lol: Yeah in Aspen they would have shot the kid

Teh One Who Knocks
05-28-2019, 04:48 PM
:lol: Yeah in Aspen they would have shot the kid

Nobody in Aspen has guns, that's where all the rich, white, and famous folk go to ski :hand:

Hal-9000
05-28-2019, 04:51 PM
Nobody in Aspen has guns, that's where all the rich, white, and famous folk go to ski :hand:

You is rich white and famous, got your season pass already?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-28-2019, 04:53 PM
You is rich white and famous, got your season pass already?

We've had so much snow this year, especially in the mountains, there are a few ski resorts planning on staying open at least through the 2nd week of June.

Hal-9000
05-28-2019, 04:59 PM
We've had so much snow this year, especially in the mountains, there are a few ski resorts planning on staying open at least through the 2nd week of June.

Preachin to the choir...I'm still waiting for the lilacs to bloom. Usually they're out by the first week of May.

I lost two peonies plants this year due to repeated late snow. They've been in our yard for years. :|

Teh One Who Knocks
05-28-2019, 05:18 PM
We got lucky, it looks like all out plants/shrubs made it this year, even with the temps dropping below freezing last week for a couple of nights and that super wet heavy snow we got.

Godfather
05-29-2019, 02:20 AM
I've heard of some dust ups between skiers and snow boarders when one thinks the other has impeded them or cut them off. Boarders will run across the skis of the two plankers when it gets nasty.

It was like that when I was a kid growing up on the North Shore mountains (including Grouse like in this story where both me and my now wife worked as teens). The skiiers were 'fags' and the snowboarders were 'bums,' you know how it goes.

It seems on the hills now that the snowboarder vs skier shit has calmed down a ton, snowboarding isn't exactly counter-culture anymore with a lot of the early adopters being in their 40's now :lol: In fact most of the snowboarders I grew up with have switched back to skiing because it gives you so much more mobility on flats and traversing. That said... clearly there's still plenty of douchebags on the slopes.