PDA

View Full Version : Teacher allegedly writes ‘WTF is this?’ on student’s homework

Teh One Who Knocks
05-30-2019, 10:40 AM
By Bradford Betz | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/RdvEzD7l.jpg

A Florida high school teacher raised eyebrows this week after allegedly writing “WTF is this?” on a student’s homework.

Melinda Smith, the student’s mother, told Panama City’s WJHG on Tuesday she was shocked when her son showed her his science homework with the comment: “WTF is this? absolutely no credit” written on top.

“[I]t wasn’t anything about not getting the credit, it was more so the language about the writing to students, that was very inappropriate and not acceptable for a teacher whatsoever,” Smith said.

Her son, whose identity was not released, is a student at Rutherford High School in Panama City. Smith told WJHG that the teacher should be “reprimanded.”

Rutherford Principal Coy Pilson said school officials have been notified of the situation and are conducting an investigation. He also said he had spoken with the teacher and she has apologized. It wasn't clear whether further action would be taken.

RBP
05-30-2019, 10:52 AM
I want to see what he turned in before I can say if the teacher was inappropriate.

I will never forget a classmate asking our HS Spanish teacher why she wrote marrón (brown) at the top of his assignment. Her reply was, "it says moron you idiot".

Teh One Who Knocks
05-30-2019, 10:56 AM
:lol:

I don't think the teacher was really that out of line, especially for high school aged kids. WTF has pretty much become a part of writing anymore and I guarantee that kid has used that acronym while texting before. It's just people finding something to get 'outraged' over.

Hal-9000
05-30-2019, 03:43 PM
I disagree. The immediate connection is to the F word and there is no other connotation for the expression.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-30-2019, 04:01 PM
https://i.imgur.com/xak0bv2.png
https://i.imgur.com/zERlU1p.png

:-k

PorkChopSandwiches
05-30-2019, 04:10 PM
WTF is common speech

DemonGeminiX
05-30-2019, 08:14 PM
Just because it's common doesn't mean it's appropriate. Lance's bullshit list notwithstanding, we all know that WTF means precisely "What the fuck?" and it always has. Teachers should be above that, especially when addressing children, doubly especially in a school setting where the teachers are the kids' superiors. If you won't hold teachers to a higher standard of appropriate public behavior, then what hope do our kids have?

RBP
05-30-2019, 08:56 PM
I still want to know what he wrote.

Godfather
05-31-2019, 01:46 AM
I still want to know what he wrote.

Me too, and honestly:

He also said he had spoken with the teacher and she has apologized.

That's good enough for me almost for sure... If I had a test come back that said 'absolutely no credit,' even if the teachers language was totally out of line, my mother would kick my ass for being a fuckup, and kick the teacher's ass herself if she felt it was warranted :lol: I dono why anyone would go to the press with this.

Hal-9000
05-31-2019, 07:23 PM
Just because it's common doesn't mean it's appropriate. Lance's bullshit list notwithstanding, we all know that WTF means precisely "What the fuck?" and it always has. Teachers should be above that, especially when addressing children, doubly especially in a school setting where the teachers are the kids' superiors. If you won't hold teachers to a higher standard of appropriate public behavior, then what hope do our kids have?

Agreed. It's no different than F you or F off. The implied word is clear and teachers shouldn't encourage that sort of shorthand anyways.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-31-2019, 07:28 PM
Go back to the 1850's you prudish scalawags :hand:

Hal-9000
05-31-2019, 07:34 PM
The Hutterite person within me implores you to go fuck thy sister [-(

Hal-9000
05-31-2019, 07:37 PM
Oh, you guys may not get Hutterites down there.

Think Amish people that come to town and volunteer their wives for selective breeding with strangers, often offering foodstuffs as payment.

They use a large sheet with holes cut out and you bang the wife through it, they give you a bag of spuds and everyone is happy.

This is a fact :lol: The Hutterites want to cut down on inbreeding so they used to visit civic centers and scope out the young, healthy virile-looking males and make the offer.

Hal-9000
05-31-2019, 07:39 PM
and RBP if you're reading reading this you can fuck right off with the holes in blankets thing :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-31-2019, 07:47 PM
You seem to know a lot about those people :-k

Hal-9000
05-31-2019, 07:56 PM
I'm reverting back. I hate this world and am going to throw away all tech and bang my relatives when I'm not churning butter.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-31-2019, 09:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOfZLb33uCg

lost in melb.
06-01-2019, 08:26 AM
I'm reverting back. I hate this world and am going to throw away all tech and bang my relatives when I'm not churning butter.

:yeehaw: Bruther

RBP
06-01-2019, 04:20 PM
You seem to know a lot about those people :-k

And a lot about holes in blankets.