PDA

View Full Version : California Assembly OKs health care for immigrants in US illegally (They mean ILLEGAL ALIENS)

PorkChopSandwiches
05-30-2019, 08:16 PM
Wednesday, May 29, 2019 9:13AM

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- The California Assembly voted Tuesday to extend the state's Medicaid program to eligible adults who are in the country illegally.

Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom wants to spend about $98 million a year to cover low-income immigrants between the ages of 19 and 25 who are living in the country illegally. The state Senate's budget proposal would also add coverage for people 65 and older living in the country illegally.

The state Assembly's bill would cover all immigrants in California living in the country illegally over the age of 19.

But Newsom has raised concern about the assembly's bill because it is estimated to cost more than $3 billion a year.

The bill passed 44-11.

The proposed law, Assembly Bill 4, goes next to the state Senate.

RBP
05-30-2019, 08:57 PM
Give them jobs on the high speed rail. :tup:

DemonGeminiX
05-30-2019, 09:00 PM
I hope your Senate isn't this stupid.

RBP
05-30-2019, 09:02 PM

I hope you're not that naive. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-30-2019, 09:11 PM
I hope you're not that naive. :lol:

I was originally gonna post the first response in this thread, but I couldn't decide between my old tried-and-true comedic response, or a ruthlessly vicious response. I decided to sit on it for a while. No, I'm not that naive. And I'm currently back to deciding whether I should go with the standard humorous where Porky's concerned, or ruthlessly vicious. I think I'll sit on it for a little while longer.

RBP
05-30-2019, 09:22 PM
I was originally gonna post the first response in this thread, but I couldn't decide between my old tried-and-true comedic response, or a ruthlessly vicious response. I decided to sit on it for a while. No, I'm not that naive. And I'm currently back to deciding whether I should go with the standard humorous where Porky's concerned, or ruthlessly vicious. I think I'll sit on it for a little while longer.

That's okay, Illinois has gone full retard also.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-04-2019, 03:50 PM

Yeah, the (D) have a super majority. You can count on them to keep passing stupid shit like this, while my insurance gets shittier and more expensive.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-04-2019, 03:54 PM
Yeah, the (D) have a super majority. You can count on them to keep passing stupid shit like this, while my insurance gets shittier and more expensive.

But don't you sleep better at night knowing the illegals are well taken care of with your tax dollars? :-s

PorkChopSandwiches
06-04-2019, 04:16 PM
Fair assumption

Hal-9000
06-04-2019, 04:27 PM
At the risk of being called a slaver again by RBP, here's the best plan:

Let them in under the proviso they help build the wall. Create small apartment cities and give them places to live and a food allowance.

Then create contracts where they have to work so many months/years building the wall, in order to work off their illegality...

ALL HAIL PRESIDENT HAL! :)

Teh One Who Knocks
06-04-2019, 04:30 PM
At the risk of being called a slaver again by RBP, here's the best plan:

Let them in under the proviso they help build the wall. Create small apartment cities and give them places to live and a food allowance.

Then create contracts where they have to work so many months/years building the wall, in order to work off their illegality...

ALL HAIL PRESIDENT HAL! :)

Slaver :hand:

Hal-9000
06-04-2019, 04:33 PM
Slaver :hand:

Shut up you loser.

Good thing I have to go and make some disparaging Tweets to the mayor of London.

Otherwise :shakefist:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-14-2019, 09:47 AM
By Ryan Gaydos | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/T3VDntcl.jpg

Former NFL running back Herschel Walker on Monday slammed California over a proposed bill that would give healthcare benefits to some illegal immigrants who live in the state.

Under an agreement between Gov. Gavin Newsom and Democrat lawmakers in the state legislature, low-income adults between the ages of 19 and 25 living in the state illegally would be eligible for California’s Medicaid program, known as Medi-Cal.

The deal emerged as part of a broader $213 million budget and would take effect next January.

Walker, a former Pro Bowler who played 12 seasons in the NFL, tweeted his disapproval with the plan.

“Not to point fingers at California, but why would you give free healthcare to illegal immigrants when your streets are littered with homeless legal residents, trash, and tents. California is a beauitful place, so let’s keep it that way,” Walker wrote.
Walker’s message received more than 24,000 retweets and 78,000 likes on Twitter.

California officials have estimated the benefits would be available to about 90,000 low-income illegal immigrants at a cost of $98 million per year.

To pay for part of it, the state agreed to start taxing people who don’t have health insurance. It’s a revival of the individual-mandate penalty that had been on the books nationwide under former President Barack Obama’s health-care law until Republicans in Congress eliminated it as part of the 2017 overhaul to the tax code.

The budget agreement still must be approved by the full state legislature; a vote is expected this week. State law requires lawmakers to enact a budget by midnight on June 15. If they don’t, lawmakers would lose their pay.

Fox News’ Frank Miles and the Associated Press contributed to this report.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-17-2019, 06:56 PM
He's done

Teh One Who Knocks
07-11-2019, 11:11 AM
By Hank Berrien - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/GaccpG0l.jpg

On Tuesday, California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed into law State Bill 104, which now extends health care benefits to illegal immigrants between the ages of 19-25, in addition to the law that already had guaranteed coverage to illegal immigrants under the age of 19.

The Hill noted, “The bill, introduced earlier this year, is estimated to cover about 90,000 low-income residents overall and comes with a roughly $98 million price tag.”

The bill states:

The federal Medicaid program prohibits payment to a state for medical assistance furnished to an alien who is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence or otherwise permanently residing in the United States under color of law.

Existing law requires that individuals under 19 years of age enrolled in restricted-scope Medi-Cal at the time the Director of Health Care Services makes a determination that systems have been programmed for implementation of these provisions be enrolled in the full scope of Medi-Cal benefits, if otherwise eligible. Existing law requires the department to maximize federal financial participation in implementing the provisions.

This bill would extend eligibility for full-scope Medi-Cal benefits to individuals 19 to 25 years of age, inclusive, and who are otherwise eligible for those benefits but for their immigration status. This bill would additionally require the department to claim federal financial participation to the extent that the department determines it is available, and to the extent that federal financial participation is not available, would require the department to use state funds. Because counties are required to make eligibility determinations and this bill would expand Medicaid eligibility, the bill would impose a state-mandated local program.

Newsom was elected last November; before that, last August, he said that he planned on expanding Medicare to cover every Californian, even illegal immigrants. Newsom stated:

I’d like to see if we can control our own destiny. I’m not naive about it. I did universal health care when I was mayor, fully implemented regardless of pre-existing conditions, ability to pay, and regardless of your immigration status. San Francisco is the only universal health care system for all undocumented residents in America, very proud of that. We proved it could be done without bankrupting the city. I’d like to see that we can extend that to the rest of the state.

In September, Newsom doubled down, saying, "I did universal health care when I was mayor, fully implemented, regardless of pre-existing condition, ability to pay, and regardless of your immigration status. I'd like to see that extended to the rest of the state."

President Trump, speaking at a Montana rally last September, responded to Newsom’s statement by calling out, “How about the governor, governorship of California. He just announced that he wants to open borders, and he wants to let anybody come in that wants to. And then he wants to pay for all medical, all school … What happens, I said, if the entire world decides to go to California because they get free health care, free medical care, and free education. California has just increased in size to 500 million people. I may even move to California to get free health care!”

Muddy
07-11-2019, 02:56 PM
He's done

They are going to strip him of his color and he will forever be white now.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-11-2019, 04:12 PM
I'm just glad that we still have a state full of poor citizens that dont have insurance, but these illegals are covered.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-11-2019, 04:14 PM
I'm just glad that we still have a state full of poor citizens that dont have insurance, but these illegals are covered.

Illegals are far more important than poor Americans :nono:

Muddy
07-11-2019, 05:20 PM

Then the legal residents in your state need to pitch a fit.. If they don't, then fuck um'..!

Goofy
07-11-2019, 05:25 PM
Then the legal residents in your state need to pitch a fit.. If they don't, then fuck um'..!
I thought it was all Mexicans like Porky in SoCal :-k

:outtahere:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-11-2019, 05:56 PM

This shit is being passed by the governor without a vote to the people. So now we will have to try to file a repeal. Its a shit show