PDA

View Full Version : Police: 2 men arrested for attempting to sell stolen tools to police officer

Teh One Who Knocks
06-04-2019, 11:12 AM
Pittsburgh 4 Action News

https://i.imgur.com/mxpDzmi.jpg

PITTSBURGH — Two men were arrested for attempting to sell stolen power tools to a police officer, Pittsburgh police confirmed.

According to police, an on-duty officer in plainclothes was working on South Highland Avenue in East Liberty on Thursday when the two men approached him.

The men have been identified as 36-year-old Samual Gould and 40-year-old Douglas Frantz. Police said Frantz had a pillowcase slung over his shoulder.

Frantz asked the officer if he wanted to buy some power tools.

The officer then asked the suspect where he got them from. The man said he just acquired them and they were brand new and still in the box.

The officer then checked inside the pillowcase and saw the tools were still in boxes with Home Depot labels.

The officer then announced that he was a police officer and the men took off running. Additional officers quickly caught up with the two men, who both had outstanding warrants.

Police arrested the two men and the stolen tools were returned to Home Depot.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-04-2019, 03:21 PM
:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-04-2019, 03:39 PM
I always carry new tools that I "acquire" in a pillowcase and walk down the street with them :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
06-04-2019, 04:31 PM
Did you guys ever get the guys in parking lots (usually liquor store) with their trunks open selling socks and shit like that?

One time this guy was showing us what looked like pretty good stuff (cassette tapes, kitchen appliances, clothes) and one of my buds says - Isn't that a price tag on those shirts?

Guy says - Oh shit, just ignore that :oops:

we left :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-04-2019, 04:33 PM
Did you guys ever get the guys in parking lots (usually liquor store) with their trunks open selling socks and shit like that?

One time this guy was showing us what looked like pretty good stuff (cassette tapes, kitchen appliances, clothes) and one of my buds says - Isn't that a price tag on those shirts?

Guy says - Oh shit, just ignore that :oops:

we left :lol:

That's like going to the flea market here in the summer :lol:

Hal-9000
06-04-2019, 04:35 PM
That's like going to the flea market here in the summer :lol:

:lol:

We used to see the trunk of the car guys everywhere when I was in my 20's. They had everything from wooden coasters to set your drinks on to underwear.

I think I bought some socks once, just to spend the change I got back after buying my beer.