PDA

View Full Version : Man Becomes Internet Hero For Handling Woman’s Racist Comments, Internet Quickly Destroys Him

Teh One Who Knocks
06-05-2019, 11:24 AM
By Ashe Schow - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/KGVuz9nl.jpg

You can never win with the social justice warriors.

A man working the front desk at a Holiday Inn Express in Austin, Texas, became an Internet hero on Monday due to the way he calmly responded to a woman who had called him a “f***ing n*****” earlier on the phone. The Daily Wire will not name the man.

The man filmed himself telling the woman that he wouldn’t let her stay at the hotel and that “it’s above me now.” The woman apologizes for the slur she used and says she has had a hard day (a family member had recently died). The hotel clerk doesn’t give in, saying it was hurtful for him to hear what she said and directs her to the Best Western Hotel next door.

The man, who is black and gay, quickly became a meme Sunday night and into Monday. Buzzfeed News wrote about his video. Soon after, “Internet sleuths,” as the outlet called them, dug through the man’s old tweets (because that is the world we live in now) and found his past comments about transgender individuals.

Blue-check Twitter users amplified his past tweets, many of which simply state his opinion that he doesn’t “agree” with transgenderism and pointing out that men can’t get pregnant and women can’t “fertilize an egg.” Other tweets were responding to members of the trans community criticizing his tweets.

Still, no one — no matter how intersectional they are — is allowed to disagree with the current narrative surrounding transgenderism.

Buzzfeed updated its story to include the man’s past tweets and join in on the shaming. The man initially responded repeating what he had said on Twitter, that he was not “against” transgender individuals, but that he’s just not “with it.”

"They’re mad lol I said what I said. People are so sensitive. I’m gay and I KNOW people will not agree with me being gay. I just don’t and will never get trans. Period,” the man told Buzzfeed.

That didn’t stop the social justice mob from coming after him, so he finally apologized for his remarks and said he would “change his behavior.”

Let’s recap: A man was called a racist slur and stood up to the person who said it. He then became the villain for having an unapproved opinion about trans people.

This is what our media does now. It learned nothing from Justine Sacco, a woman with barely 100 followers who made a poorly worded, racist joke as she was boarding a plane to Africa and was fired from her job by the time she landed because a Gawker writer amplified her tweet.

Now we have major news outlets “investigating” the people who make parody videos and gifs. CNN found the young man who made a gif of President Donald Trump attacking the CNN logo. Trump shared the gif, and thus it was apparently okay for CNN to track the man down and threaten to name him if he stepped out of line again. Just last week The Daily Beast — with the help of Facebook — tracked down the man who made a slowed-down video of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) that made her look drunk. The Beast named the man and reported on his criminal history — because he made a video about a Democrat.

And the media wonder why the American people view them so negatively.

Goofy
06-05-2019, 12:36 PM
Why did he feel the need to video it and upload it in the first place? Reap what you sow