PDA

View Full Version : Australian government pays Al Gore $320k to conduct climate training as rare snowfall hits

PorkChopSandwiches
06-05-2019, 03:31 PM
Aussie Alan Jones: Taxpayers will fork out more than $320,000 for the Climate Week conference, where form US vice president Al Gore will “communicate the urgency of the climate crisis”.“It is not believable,” says Alan Jones, “that the Queensland government can be so awash with money as to bring this hypocrite Al Gore to Australia for a conference.“When so many important instruments of government are underfunded, when farmers can’t feed their cattle in Queensland, and $320,000 goes to waste on this shonk.”

Jo Nova: Fittingly, The Gore effect strikes again. Snow fell in Queensland. (The last time it fell was 2015.)

Queensland govt pays $320k to Al Gore to train people in climate witchcraft and gets Snow too!

By Jo Nova

Al Gore is here in Australia to train 1,000 useful idiots on Unscience, neolithic reasoning and witchcraft. The man with no climate science expertise and huge vested interest is being paid by taxpayers to train people to chant “consensus” and pretend that wind and solar can stop storms and hold back the tide. These obedient fools help to destroy any conversation about science by reciting anti-science bumperstickers like “the science is settled”, “gravity is real” and “tobacco, tobacco, tobacco”. Because, hey, the tobacco industry funded merchants of doubt, and they were wrong, so therefore Ergo Prompter Upchuck, all government scientists are right on Everything, All Of The Time, and you are an idiot denier.

Repeat after me: There were no storms in 1703. Droughts didn’t exist. It wasnt hotter, colder, deadlier and more extreme for most of human history and 20 times as many people didn’t die of cold.

Global Bullies Unite and ask Anna Palaszczuk for money. Suffer the Queensland taxpayer. The Labor Party in Queensland should pay this money back, it’s an advertising expense.

Alan Jones asks why the Queensland Government is so awash with money

Taxpayers will fork out more than $320,000 for the Climate Week conference, where form US vice president Al Gore will “communicate the urgency of the climate crisis”.

“It is not believable,” says Alan Jones, “that the Queensland government can be so awash with money as to bring this hypocrite Al Gore to Australia for a conference.

“When so many important instruments of government are underfunded, when farmers can’t feed their cattle in Queensland, and $320,000 goes to waste on this shonk.”

Queensland Govt was so proud to waste this money on abject nonsense when it announced the “tour” last November:

Former US Vice President Al Gore will visit Brisbane next year to conduct climate change leadership training for up to a 1000 people from across Australia and the Pacific.

The three-day event at the Brisbane Convention Centre 5 to 7 June 2019 – run by the Climate Reality Project(external site) – will see business and community leaders trained to be educators and take action with climate solutions, as the world moves to meet its commitments under the Paris Agreement.

Environment and Science Minister Leeanne Enoch said the Palaszczuk Government was a strong supporter for action on climate change and was proud to host the event.

“I spoke with Al Gore when I attended the Global Climate Action Summit in September and encouraged him to bring himself and the Climate Reality Project to Queensland,” she said.

“By securing this internationally recognized event for Brisbane, the Palaszczuk Government is putting Queensland at the forefront of important climate change work.

The training will be free of charge and is expected to attract around 5 000 applicants, with between 800 and 1,000 selected to take part.

Further details are available on The Climate Reality Project website (www.climaterealityproject.org/training(external site)).

New Book: The Politically Incorrect Guide to Climate Change,” By Marc Morano – Available at Amazon & Barnes & Noble

Excerpt: ‘Gore would have personally benefited if the carbon cap-and-trade bill he supported had become law. The media never treated his Congressional testimony in support of the climate bills for what it actually was—a former vice president supporting legislation that would make him richer.’

‘Al Gore Is by Far the Most Lavishly Funded Fossil Fuel Player in the Global Warming Debate Today.’

“Warren Buffett’s vice chairman Charlie Munger told a small meeting of investors in 2017 that Gore is ‘not very smart’ and ‘an idiot’ but he was still able to amass a personal fortune in the investment world. ‘Al Gore has hundreds of millions [of] dollars in your profession. And he’s an idiot. It’s an interesting story.’ Munger added, ‘he’s not very smart. He smoked a lot of pot as he [coasted] through Harvard with a gentleman’s C.’ :rofl:

fricnjay
06-05-2019, 03:39 PM
:facepalm:

RBP
06-05-2019, 04:24 PM
:popcorn:

Lost, what say ye?

lost in melb.
06-05-2019, 07:37 PM
:dumbass:

Taxpayers will fork out more than $320,000 for the Climate Week conference

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Al Gore slams Adani, tells Queensland 'good luck' in selling coal to India (https://www.smh.com.au/environment/climate-change/al-gore-slams-adani-tells-queensland-good-luck-in-selling-coal-to-india-20190605-p51usr.html)

:micdrop:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-05-2019, 08:00 PM
I dont understand how YOU feel about it

lost in melb.
06-05-2019, 08:52 PM
I dont understand how YOU feel about it

Ok, I'll bite, now that I have a proper keyboard.

Al Gore was a pioneer of his day and predicted that Climate Change would become one of the biggest issues of the future. Which it has. I don't think he's a particularly bright guy, but you can see he's stubborn - and he got lucky. But now he has been superseded by far cleverer minds and they drag him out to CC conventions like they do Schwarzenegger to fitness conventions. Except Arnold is a lot more entertaining (and has actually done some exercise in his time).

Queensland where this is happening is an interesting case. It is our most conservative state but it has a left-wing State government. An Indian company has been granted access by our conservative Federal government to build one of the largest coal mines on the planet. And here's my feeling bit - I think that's a really dumb idea when the way forward is clearly renuables. Forget CC, just on pure economics clean power is 50% cheaper every 2 years. Most Australians agree this mine is not a good idea.

I think the main barrier is that the culture of that part of Queensland is all about mining. You know, blue collar types who love work and are proud doing a hard days work. And they could really benefit from the mine and the $$$. But since that is not the way forward they will need to adapt and learn new skills. But their ability to do this must be matched by a thoughtful dialogue from whoever is trying to stop them from mining. So I feel a thoughtful conference that helps educate the potential of and benefits of a green economy is money well spent. But getting past-it, elitist Al Gore up on stage preaching is probably gonna just piss this group off.

Queensland

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ac/Queensland_in_Australia.svg/1024px-Queensland_in_Australia.svg.png

Griffin
06-05-2019, 10:05 PM
Here's my take on climate change.
It doesn't matter if it's meteor bombardment, volcanic activity, dinosaur farts or humans burning fossil fuels. The planet goes through cycles that are more effected by astral orientation than what occurs on the surface.
So grab a beverage, sit back and enjoy the show.:popcorn:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-06-2019, 04:27 PM
Ok, I'll bite, now that I have a proper keyboard.

I was legitimately asking your opinion, not baiting. :tup:

lost in melb.
06-06-2019, 08:02 PM
Here's my take on climate change.
It doesn't matter if it's meteor bombardment, volcanic activity, dinosaur farts or humans burning fossil fuels. The planet goes through cycles that are more effected by astral orientation than what occurs on the surface.
So grab a beverage, sit back and enjoy the show.:popcorn:

Yeah, but if we can help prevent unnecessary suffering, why not? As the (supposedly) most intelligent species on the planet we sure have screwed some things up.

( the greatest show on earth :popcorn:)

I was legitimately asking your opinion, not baiting. :tup:

:tup: