PDA

View Full Version : The Truth About Yelp - and its culture of slander.

Godfather
06-08-2019, 07:19 AM
https://youtu.be/8CIGKxLcoso?t=2

Hal-9000
06-08-2019, 04:39 PM
That's a bad progression of events.

Something associated on the other side of things. I've seen big hotels and restaurants go after commenters who leave bad reviews about their products and service. In some cases they attempt to charge the reviewer money through court proceedings.

The interaction is weighted for the providers. Here's a forum to leave a review about your customer experience. Please rate us! But beware if you leave a bad review, because the business can come back and place your name on their shit-list, and in some cases seek monetary retribution for the bad review.

lost in melb.
06-08-2019, 07:28 PM
Nice

Teh One Who Knocks
06-10-2019, 11:54 AM
Yelp is a poisonous double-edged sword. It can be used for good and it can be used maliciously. Sadly, Yelp isn't proactive enough to put in safeguards against the retaliatory and extortionistic reviews. And there are some Yelpers that consider it like some kind of cult (especially by those considered "social media influencers"), expecting perks for leaving exceptionally glowing reviews or perks for not leaving a bad review. But in the same respect like Hal said, there are some businesses that if you dare leave a negative review, even one that is truthful and not slanderous, that will go after you and threaten you with lawsuits for leaving a negative review.

Honestly, I'm not sure how either thing can be fixed.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-10-2019, 03:37 PM
Yelp IS the extortionist, they call me weekly trying to shake me down. Fuck that company