PDA

View Full Version : McDonald's worker sprayed with fire extinguisher after argument over cheeseburger price

Teh One Who Knocks
06-13-2019, 11:16 AM
By Michael Hollan | Fox News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA_wGjKY1cE

A McDonald’s employee was nearly blinded when she was sprayed in the face with a fire extinguisher while working at the drive-thru window.

The incident occurred around 2 a.m. on Saturday at one of the franchise’s Melbourne locations. Surveillance camera footage of the incident was uploaded to YouTube, and according to medical professionals, it could have caused serious injury.

Kimberly Friend claims that the suspects had come through the drive-thru and had argued over the price of cheeseburgers, 9 News.com.au reports. After leaving, their car returned about 10 minutes later. Friend claims that she noticed some of the passengers were recording on their cellphones.

Then, without warning, one of the suspects sprayed her in the face with the fire extinguisher.

"It was so fast, I inhaled it and I tasted it straight away," she told 9 News. "[I thought] this is poison or something.” Friend was taken to a hospital where she was treated. "It's still pretty bad but it could have been a lot worse," she said. “The nurses said it could have caused blindness, very lucky."

Heidelberg Police Constable Kim Buffett told 9 News, “She has had to take time off work due to the shock of the unprovoked attack.”

“We are thankful this didn't result in a more serious injury. This sort of behavior is unacceptable,” said a spokesperson for McDonald’s in a statement obtained by Newsweek.

Police are still investigating the incident and are trying to locate the suspects.

DemonGeminiX
06-13-2019, 11:19 AM
:-s

How cheap do you have to be to get upset over the price of a McDonald's cheeseburger? McDonald's is the place to go to get a cheeseburger when you can't afford to get them from other fast food joints.

Hal-9000
06-13-2019, 03:35 PM
:-s

How cheap do you have to be to get upset over the price of a McDonald's cheeseburger? McDonald's is the place to go to get a cheeseburger when you can't afford to get them from other fast food joints.

And things may be different down there but here the prices are posted so there's not much of a discussion over how much to pay...

Teh One Who Knocks
06-13-2019, 03:37 PM
Any self respecting person would still try and haggle [-(

Hal-9000
06-13-2019, 03:43 PM
I (seriously) try the - It's my birthday today, is this free? :) ...every time I go grocery shopping.

They're on to me now.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-13-2019, 03:52 PM
:lol:

Hal-9000
06-13-2019, 03:59 PM
There's a really attractive young check out girl at Co-op who took none of my shit.

hal - Is this free because today is my birthday, hyuk hyuk :)
her - No. In fact we add 20 dollars to the bill of people who have more than one birthday per year.
hal - Seriously, sometimes Tim Hortons gives me a free coffee on my birthday :)
her - Nope. And today if you need extra bags they're five dollars each. Need any extra bags sir?
hal - You win :lol:
her - See ya next birthday

:lol: She's about 6 feet tall, looks me right in the eye and has long hair, super pretty face. I could marry a girl like her.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-13-2019, 04:01 PM
There's a really attractive young check out girl at Co-op who took none of my shit.

hal - Is this free because today is my birthday, hyuk hyuk :)
her - No. In fact we add 20 dollars to the bill of people who have more than one birthday per year.
hal - Seriously, sometimes Tim Hortons gives me a free coffee on my birthday :)
her - Nope. And today if you need extra bags they're five dollars each. Need any extra bags sir?
hal - You win :lol:
her - See ya next birthday

:lol: She's about 6 feet tall, looks me right in the eye and has long hair, super pretty face. I could marry a girl like her.

She sounds like wife material, propose :tup:

Hal-9000
06-13-2019, 04:04 PM
I sometimes forget my age/station in life :oops:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-13-2019, 04:05 PM
Do it! :x

Hal-9000
06-13-2019, 04:07 PM
Girls that have a quick wit and sense of humor like that are very attractive to me.

When she said - See ya next birthday, I could have kissed her right there :thumbsup: