PDA

View Full Version : Boy, 16, fatally shot while trying to sell Xbox: 'They killed my son over nothing,' mom cries

Teh One Who Knocks
06-14-2019, 09:57 AM
By Dom Calicchio | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/diN6Wtn.png

Johnny Peluyera, 16, of Merrillville, Ind., was looking to sell his Microsoft Xbox game console. The teen thought he found a buyer in Gary, just a few miles away, after using an online sales app.

But when Johnny and his dad went to Gary to sell the device, they found trouble instead.

Two males tried to rob Johnny, with one taking out a semi-automatic handgun, as Johnny’s dad watched from the car, according to police.

“That's when he told his son, ‘Leave the Xbox,'” Commander Jack Hamady of the Gary Police Department told Chicago’s WLS-TV.

Johnny then ran back to the car but one of the suspects fired a shot, killing Johnny.

His dad was not injured, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.

"My son is gone," Kelly Arroyo, the teen’s mother, told WLS. “My son is never coming back.

"They killed my son over nothing,” she continued. “They didn't even get the gaming system. They didn't even get the Xbox so why did they have to shoot him?"

Police say they’re searching for two suspects in their late teens or early 20s who were wearing shorts and hoodies.

Anyone with information is urged to call the Gary Police Department at 219-755-3852 or the crime tip line at 866-274-6347.

Goofy
06-14-2019, 12:51 PM
Wow :|

DemonGeminiX
06-14-2019, 01:16 PM
Fucking pricks.

Hal-9000
06-14-2019, 06:02 PM
This story above is terrible :( I've only bought one thing and sold one thing using a site like that.

Local DJ used a site called Kijiji up here and he said he always set up the meets around midnight at our Greyhound bus station.

He made it sound like a joke for months until something happened and he stopped doing it. He wouldn't explain why but there were no more jokes and stories about nervous people looking for him at the bus station late at night.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-14-2019, 06:05 PM
This story above is terrible :( I've only bought one thing and sold one thing using a site like that.

Local DJ used a site called Kijiji up here and he said he always set up the meets around midnight at our Greyhound bus station.

He made it sound like a joke for months until something happened and he stopped doing it. He wouldn't explain why but there were no more jokes and stories about nervous people looking for him at the bus station late at night.

It's dangerous anymore just trying to buy something on Craigslist anymore, which I assume that you Kijiji is pretty much the same. Several sheriff offices here in Denver metro have designated themselves as safe meeting places to conduct transactions if you feel nervous about getting mugged or robbed. You just both meet at the sheriff office and do you transaction and off you go.

Hal-9000
06-14-2019, 06:10 PM
It's dangerous anymore just trying to buy something on Craigslist anymore, which I assume that you Kijiji is pretty much the same. Several sheriff offices here in Denver metro have designated themselves as safe meeting places to conduct transactions if you feel nervous about getting mugged or robbed. You just both meet at the sheriff office and do you transaction and off you go.

Yes Kijiji is big here and it's the same. I sold my Toyota through it and let me tell you...some of the exchanges were creepy.

I bought a really nice coffee table for 10 bucks and the person ended up living three blocks from here. Met the chick in her garage and she was kind, hot and 'happy to see I wasn't a freak.'

(she didn't see the plastic handcuffs and duct tape in the truck..)

Godfather
06-15-2019, 02:12 AM
Oh my god his dad was sitting there watching. Sickening stuff.

At best CR brings out the strangest characters you'll ever meet. At worst...