PDA

View Full Version : Massachusetts residents see 'tornado of poop' after sewer line blockage

Teh One Who Knocks
06-26-2019, 11:39 AM
By Nicole Darrah | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/yX26oDwl.jpg

A "tornado of poop" hit residents in Massachusetts last week after an underground blockage caused raw sewage to wildly expel from toilets.

Four homes in Melrose, a city roughly 10 miles north of Boston, experienced the storm, which began Thursday morning.

“I was getting ready for work and then I heard a bubble,” one resident, Silvana Ortiz, told WHDH. “It was a crazy scene. It literally just spun and flowed out.”

The woman captured the moment "a tornado of poop started forming and started spewing out" on video. It shows a dark, murky liquid bursting from the toilet bowl at her home on Brazil Street.

She said the unsanitary experienced "destroyed everything" — including her wedding dress, floors, walls and the entire bathroom, and told The Boston Globe it will cost $8,000 to rid her home of the sewage.

Ortiz also said it took the city of Melrose a full day to respond when she requested assistance about the incident.

“I pretty much told [the city], ‘I don’t know what’s more disgusting: the feces in my living room or the way the city is responding to it,’” she said.

Melrose Mayor Gail Infurna blamed the backup on a main sewer line that was blocked, and said Department of Public Works employees "responded immediately" after receiving a call to the area about a "potential water issue." The sewer blockage has been repaired, and "the ensuing damage remains under investigation."

PorkChopSandwiches
06-26-2019, 04:30 PM
:puke:

Godfather
06-27-2019, 02:12 AM
She said the unsanitary experienced "destroyed everything" — including her wedding dress, floors, walls and the entire bathroom, and told The Boston Globe it will cost $8,000 to rid her home of the sewage.

I hope you have insurance because it costs a fuck load more than that :lol: Our average sewer back-up claim is $30k