PDA

View Full Version : Parents beat boy with bat, say he wouldn't stop playing PSP

Teh One Who Knocks
07-14-2011, 02:47 PM
WFTV Channel 9

BELLEVIEW, Fla. -- A mother and father are accused of beating their 13-year-old son with a baseball bat when the boy allegedly refused to stop playing video games.

It allegedly happened at the family's home in Belleview. The teenager told deputies his parents took turns hitting him.

The boy was playing video games when his parents wanted him to put the Play Station portable down, deputies said. According to an arrest report, he refused, and his father Rayford Lara tackled him onto his bed.

Then the teen’s mother, Cynthia Lara, allegedly hit him with the bat. The report indicates she then handed the bat to her husband, who struck the boy again, and also punched him in the face several times.

WFTV spoke with Cynthia Lara on Wednesday after she bonded out of jail.

“It's nothing but bull, bull crap. It's not true. I don't beat on my babies. I never have. I never will!” she said.

After the fight, the boy told deputies he jumped out his bedroom window and ran away from home.

His older brother, who lives in Ocala, reported the incident to deputies.

Neighbors told WFTV that they were surprised by the allegations.

“They don't seem like people who'd hit nobody with a bat,” said a neighbor, who did not want to be identified.

Both parents were arrested on child abuse charges. Rayford Lara was still in jail as of late Wednesday night.

The couple claimed their son attacked first, because he wanted to keep playing video games when they told him to stop, according to deputies.

“We raised them, you know? We didn't raise them like that, to turn on us,” said Cynthia Lara.

Deputies said the boy had scratches on his face, and bruises on his body, but he wasn't taken to the hospital.

The boy is in foster care while the Department of Children and Families investigates the allegations.

Joebob034
07-14-2011, 04:30 PM
“They don't seem like people who'd hit nobody with a bat,” said a neighbor, who did not want to be identified.

So they do seem like people who hit anybody with a bat? :-k

PorkChopSandwiches
07-14-2011, 04:32 PM
he should have put the games down

Acid Trip
07-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Just take the PSP and throw it in the toilet. That will get the kids attention and stop him from playing.

DemonGeminiX
07-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Just take the PSP and throw it in the toilet. That will get the kids attention and stop him from playing.

In Florida, the kid will go ballistic, find a gun, and ice his parents while they're sleeping.

Hugh_Janus
07-14-2011, 05:22 PM
In Florida, the kid will go ballistic, find a gun, and ice his parents while they're sleeping.

fuck his hands up with the baseball bat and then chuck the PSP in the toilet.... :problemsolved: 8-)

Acid Trip
07-14-2011, 06:54 PM

That's why I avoid Florida. In Texas the kid would go ballistic and get his ass kicked by every adult within ear shot.

"Is that boy talking back to his parents?! Grab the paddle Ma, time to regulate..."

Hal-9000
07-14-2011, 07:09 PM
It is a little scary for parents...some kids are aware of what to say to get them into trouble...

my daddy punched me, my daddy touched me here...

You don't want to piss off a clever kid, their temporary anger can put the parents in jail with the right lie.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-14-2011, 07:25 PM
My kid cant form words after I face spank him

Hal-9000
07-14-2011, 07:30 PM
a buddy told me that his little bro was being a bastard to the Mom...she was a single parent to both boys.

At one point she lost her cool after the kid had threatened to call parental abuse hotline.
Apparently she said - Go ahead, if you do have you ever seen those kid's pictures on milk cartons?

You'll become one of them....

:lol: I guess the younger guy shut up and was nicer to ma after that

Hal-9000
07-14-2011, 07:32 PM
My dad paddled my ass with a wooden spoon and yes the cliche happened..it broke across my ass :lol:

I deserved a whole lot more than my parents ever tried to give me in terms of punishment...

DemonGeminiX
07-14-2011, 07:45 PM
My dad paddled my ass with a wooden spoon and yes the cliche happened..it broke across my ass :lol:

I deserved a whole lot more than my parents ever tried to give me in terms of punishment...

My Mom had a thing for metal spatulas. They don't break.

DemonGeminiX
07-14-2011, 07:46 PM
My kid cant form words after I face spank him

Probably can't see either from all the face swelling.

Yt Trash
07-14-2011, 08:17 PM
leather belt always worked on me.

Hal-9000
07-14-2011, 08:19 PM

If you're wearing the proper shoes of course...

PorkChopSandwiches
07-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Probably can't see either from all the face swelling.

:lol:

Hal-9000
07-14-2011, 08:23 PM
Nothing like a good father/son punch to the face to show the love....:dance:

JoeyB
07-14-2011, 09:00 PM

It is a little scary for parents...some kids are aware of what to say to get them into trouble...

my daddy punched me, my daddy touched me here...

You don't want to piss off a clever kid, their temporary anger can put the parents in jail with the right lie.

This is why I never want to have kids.

Leave your sex life out of this conversation.

FBD
07-15-2011, 01:54 PM
This is what happens when parents dont want to discipline their kids and teach them properly when they're young. They get to be teenagers and they have the sense of entitlement of an emperor. Set 'em straight from the getgo and you dont have garbage like this happen. Put off dealing with problems, draw a line in the sand and then when its breached simply draw a new line in the sand and the kids will have very little sense of any real defined line between right and wrong - the line becomes a wide gray band.

First thing that came to mind, though - what kind of bat? Big difference between a wiffle ball bat, a token mini wooden one, and a full on aluminum bat :D

PorkChopSandwiches
07-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Here is a picture of the bat
http://www.wildlife.pro/bats/images/bat_removal.jpg

Noilly Pratt
07-15-2011, 05:17 PM
This is what happens when parents dont want to discipline their kids and teach them properly when they're young. They get to be teenagers and they have the sense of entitlement of an emperor. Set 'em straight from the getgo and you dont have garbage like this happen. Put off dealing with problems, draw a line in the sand and then when its breached simply draw a new line in the sand and the kids will have very little sense of any real defined line between right and wrong - the line becomes a wide gray band.

First thing that came to mind, though - what kind of bat? Big difference between a wiffle ball bat, a token mini wooden one, and a full on aluminum bat :D

Exactly. My daughter is 8, but acts like she's 15 sometimes. She once slapped her mom for telling her off, (she's done this before and knows this is very wrong - last time I grounded her) so this time I calmly walked up to her room and emptied her bookshelves and put them in boxes. (she's an avid reader and I knew this is where to hurt her, not physically!)

I then went downstairs and calmly said "your bookshelf is cleared...now, to earn them back, you need to write an apology and never do it again, or else next time you are grounded AND will have your bookshelf cleared. And if there's a next time, you will be grounded, have your bookshelf cleared AND have computer privileges taken away."

She's been as good as gold since. She knows what awaits her if she screws up, and she knows I will strip her room bare if necessary (did that once, too for something-- can't remember what now - it was when she was 4 and valued her Winnie the Pooh stickers on the wall.)