PDA

View Full Version : 'My time’s up, I’m sorry': Biden abruptly ends answer on civil rights record after Harris pummeling

Teh One Who Knocks
06-28-2019, 10:33 AM
By Lukas Mikelionis | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/2kyroZul.png

Joe Biden appeared intent to follow the rules while defending himself from an onslaught from Democratic challenger Sen. Kamala Harris who attacked him on his civil rights record during Thursday night's debate, abruptly saying, “my time’s up, I’m sorry,” while giving his defense.

The former Vice President was slammed on the debate stage Thursday night, particularly by Harris who said Biden’s earlier comments about being able to work with segregationist senators early in his career were “hurtful.”
Biden defended himself saying that her comments about his record were a “mischaracterization of my position across the board,” and that he “did not praise racists.”

“I ran because of civil rights,” Biden said, noting that he worked as a public defender after the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. in 1968. “I continue to believe we need to make fundamental change.”

But the leading 2020 Democratic candidate then stopped abruptly amid the heated exchange, somewhat conceding the attack line. “Anyway,” he said, “my time’s up, I’m sorry.”

Harris inflicted serious damage to Biden after she pointed out that Biden’s work with segregationists had a human cost – including to her.

“I also believe — and it is personal — and it was actually very hurtful to hear you talk about the reputations of two United States senators who built their reputations and career on the segregation of race in this country,” Harris said.

“You worked with them to oppose busing,” Harris added, referring to efforts to limit orders for school desegregation by busing. In an emotional moment, she told her own story of being bussed as a little girl in California.

The Biden campaign tried to mitigate the damage after the debate, with his campaign staff and surrogates defending his civil rights record as “unassailable.”

“If you want to put Vice President Biden’s record on civil rights up against anybody else on that stage, he’ll stand the test of time,” senior adviser Symone Sanders told reporters Thursday night.

“What voters want to hear is what kind of president he’s going to be and how he’s going to tackle these issues in the White House, and I think his record on civil rights is unassailable,” communications director Kate Bedingfield added.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-28-2019, 10:34 AM
By Brie Stimson | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/ENZTk5Al.jpg

MSNBC host Chris Matthews asked Sen. Kamala Harris Thursday how she was able to move past her racist childhood experiences and not “have hatred towards white people, generally.”

Earlier, during Thursday night’s debate, Harris confronted former Vice President Joe Biden over what she saw as his work with segregationist senators to "oppose busing" decades ago, personalizing her point by revealing she was one of the first groups of black children in California to be bused to schools to enforce desegregation.

“I have a great deal of respect for Joe Biden,” she later told the MSNBC host in the post-debate “spin room” in Miami. “I do not believe he’s a racist but his perspective on those [segregationist] senators was something that was hurtful and it had consequences.”

“How did you come out of that and not have hatred towards white people, generally?” Matthews asked pointedly.

“Most Americans do not conduct themselves that way, and most parents don’t conduct themselves that way,” she responded. “So there was no need to create a broad application because of that one experience, but we cannot deny that there are many children, black children in America who have had that experience.”

Biden said Harris’ comments were a “mischaracterization” of his positions.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-28-2019, 10:36 AM
By Lukas Mikelionis | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/dnpbYAQl.jpg

Marianne Williamson’s bizarre promise to phone the prime minister of New Zealand as her first act as president went viral after the Democratic debate on Thursday.

All Democratic presidential hopefuls on stage were asked what would be their first move in the Oval office if the defeat President Trump in 2020.

As other offered detailed proposals, including tackling gun violence or climate change, Williamson said she would instead call Jacinda Ardern, the prime minister of New Zealand, and challenge her.
“My first call is to the prime minister of New Zealand who said that her goal is to make New Zealand the best place in the world for a child in the world to grow up," the author and motivational speaker responded. “And I will tell her 'Girlfriend, you are so on, because the United States of America is going to be the best place in the world for a child to grow up."

Many went on social media to mock Williamson remark for her remark.

“MODERATOR: In one or two words, what would your first act as President be? BERNIE: Special interests KAMALA: Immigration MARIANNE WILLIAMSON: I was reading a wonderful article in GOOP about New Zealand,” tweeted the “Daily Show.”
This wasn’t the only moment Williamson raised eyebrows of people watching the debate. During her closing statement, she spoke directly to Trump, saying she will meet him “on that field” and defeat him with “love.”
“So Mr. President, if you’re listening, I want you to hear me please: You have harnessed fear for political purposes, and only love can cast that out. So I, sir, I have a feeling you know what you’re doing. I’m going to harness love for political purposes. I will meet you on that field, and sir, love will win,” she said.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-28-2019, 11:38 AM
By Graham Piro - The Washington Free Beacon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxUOEXiQ6eM

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.) promised to rotate judges off of the Supreme Court to combat a "terrible 5-4 conservative majority" during the Democratic presidential debate on Thursday night.

"My plan is somebody who believes for a start that a woman's right to control her own body is a constitutional right that government and politicians should not infringe on that right, we will everything we can to defend Roe v. Wade," Sanders said when asked about his approach to the Supreme Court. "Second of all, let me make a promise here. You ask about litmus tests. My litmus test is I will never nominate any justice to the Supreme Court unless that justice is 100% clear he or she will defend Roe v. Wade."

Sanders continued to reject the idea of court-packing, but proposed an alternative procedure for undermining the court's authority and bringing "new blood" onto the court.

"Third of all, I do not believe in ‘packing the court,'" Sanders said. "We got a terrible 5-4 majority conservative court right now But I do believe that constitutionally we have the power to rotate judges to other courts. And that brings in new blood into the Supreme Court and a majority, I hope, that will understand that a woman has the right to control her own body and that corporations cannot run the United States of America."

Teh One Who Knocks
06-28-2019, 11:40 AM
By Zach Faria - The Washington Free Beacon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3QdLpquuog

Sen. Kamala Harris (D., Calif.) praised her opponent Rep. Eric Swalwell's (D., Calif.) gun buyback plan during the MSNBC Democratic debate on Thursday and said she would implement by executive action if Congress didn't pass it in 100 days.

"I think your idea is a great one congressman Swalwell, and I will say there are a lot of good ideas. The problem is Congress has not had the courage to act. Which is why, when elected the president of the United States, I will give the United States Congress 100 days to get their act together, bring all these good ideas together and put a bill on my desk for signature, and if they do not I will take executive action," Harris said.

Harris listed the other executive actions she would take, including to implement "the most comprehensive background check policy," have the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to take the licenses of gun dealers who violate the law, and ban the importation of assault weapons.

"It is enough. It is enough. There have been plenty of good ideas from the members of the United States Congress, there's been no action. As president, I will take action," Harris said.

DemonGeminiX
06-28-2019, 11:42 AM
Night 2 of the March of the Fucktards.

Muddy
06-28-2019, 12:53 PM
Night 2 of the March of the Fucktards.

No shit.. I didnt watch any of it, but I can see from in here.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-28-2019, 12:59 PM
No shit.. I didnt watch any of it, but I can see from in here.

Come on, these are some AMAZING ideas in here :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-28-2019, 12:59 PM
Sounds like Uncle Joe got pummeled pretty hard, I wonder if that's gonna hurt him in the long run? :-k

DemonGeminiX
06-28-2019, 01:01 PM
Biden's a political machine. He'll probably bounce back.

Muddy
06-28-2019, 01:11 PM
Come on, these are some AMAZING ideas in here :lol:

It's like watching the stupidest reality show...

Teh One Who Knocks
06-28-2019, 02:55 PM
https://i.imgur.com/h5jApKCl.jpg

Muddy
06-28-2019, 02:57 PM
What a complete and total crock of shit... ^^

Teh One Who Knocks
06-28-2019, 03:01 PM
They all fall all over each other to see who can give the most free shit to illegals while not giving two fucks about REAL Americans that need help.

Muddy
06-28-2019, 03:01 PM
They all fall all over each other to see who can give the most free shit to illegals while not giving two fucks about REAL Americans that need help.

How can anyone that pays taxes ever vote for that bullshit..?

DemonGeminiX
06-28-2019, 04:16 PM

And people wonder why I keep calling them traitors.

RBP
06-29-2019, 05:24 AM
The Kamala Harrris thing was completely staged. How did it start? "As the only person of color on this stage, I think I deserve to take about race". She struck a position that had to be allowed, then told a scripted diatribe they knew NBC would not cut off.

perrhaps
06-29-2019, 09:43 AM
Yeah, I want a REALLY REALLY GOOD PRESIDENT. The kind who lies habitually (including about where his father was born and raised), repeatedly insults his own appointees, sets forth his strategic positions in tweets instead of actually articulating them.

Anybody got a suggestion?

RBP
06-29-2019, 01:49 PM
Yeah, I want a REALLY REALLY GOOD PRESIDENT. The kind who lies habitually (including about where his father was born and raised), repeatedly insults his own appointees, sets forth his strategic positions in tweets instead of actually articulating them.

#OrangeManBad

Teh One Who Knocks
06-29-2019, 02:15 PM

Personally I'm hoping for a president that will put the needs of illegals ahead of those needs of actual Americans :tup:

DemonGeminiX
06-29-2019, 02:15 PM

I would rather have what you listed above than the fucknut idiots currently running for the soci... democratic nomination.

Pony
06-29-2019, 04:08 PM
"free housing for everyone including illegals. Free healthcare for everyone including illegals. Free college for everyone including illegals. College debt forgiveness for everyone. Reparations for everyone not white. Open borders for everyone, no registering required. And don't worry about paying for it all, we will just steal trillions of dollars from the "rich".
And by the way we will ban all guns so when the country bankrupts and ALL the people are starving no one will be able to remove us from power, ever.

Sounds like paradise to me.

I saw a post earlier.... If Millions of Russians decided to come to the US and all were going to vote for Trump, would the liberals still feel the same about immigration?

lost in melb.
06-29-2019, 05:29 PM
How can anyone that pays taxes ever vote for that bullshit..?

It's not aimed at them :slap:

lost in melb.
06-29-2019, 05:30 PM
#OrangeManBad

:lol:

perrhaps
06-30-2019, 09:46 AM
I would rather have what you listed above than the fucknut idiots currently running for the soci... democratic nomination.

Other than Biden and Gabbard so far, I can't in good conscience vote for any announced candidate. Yet, I wonder what the reaction here would be if, say, Cory Booker was caught lying about where his father was born and raised.

DemonGeminiX
06-30-2019, 11:18 AM
Other than Biden and Gabbard so far, I can't in good conscience vote for any announced candidate. Yet, I wonder what the reaction here would be if, say, Cory Booker was caught lying about where his father was born and raised.

I would give Gabbard serious consideration if she wasn't antigun and for subsidizing illegal immigration with taxpayer dollars. I suspect she's just saying a lot of shit because candidate's have to play to the far left in the primaries.

Biden's a hairy moose's nutsack.

Cory Booker's parents were both American, and both impressive. They were both executives at IBM. However, he's a scumbag to the nth degree. The New Jersey and New York police have shit on him that would invalidate his chances of continuing to be in government on any level if they chose to release it. There's some kind of backroom deal in place to keep them from doing it, but you could be sure that it would influence his presidency if he, by some ridiculously slim stroke of stupid luck, got elected. But he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell, so no matter.