PDA

View Full Version : AOC says she’s open to getting rid of entire DHS in interview

Teh One Who Knocks
07-10-2019, 10:31 AM
By Bradford Betz | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/M4jyHzK.jpg

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., last week suggested she was open to getting rid of the Department of Homeland Security in order to undo "a lot of the egregious mistakes that the Bush administration did."

Ocasio-Cortez made during a Friday appearance on the New Yorker Radio with host David Remnick.

“ICE is not under the (Department of Justice),” Ocasio-Cortez says. “It’s under the Department of Homeland Security. And so we have now—”

“Would you get rid of the Department of Homeland Security, too?” Remnick asks.

“I think so,” she says. “I think we need to undo a lot of the egregious, umm, a lot of the egregious mistakes that the Bush administration did.”

She added: "I feel like we are, at a very, it’s a very qualified and supported position, at least in terms of evidence, and in terms of being able to make the argument that we never should of created DHS in the early 2000s.”

Later asked what a "sane immigration policy" looks like, Ocasio-Cortez said "we should not be using detention for people who have harmed no one."

Last month, the freshman lawmaker courted controversy for comparing border detention facilities to concentration camps.

"The fact that concentrations camps are now an institutionalized practice in the Home of the Free is extraordinarily disturbing and we need to do something about it," she said in a live stream.

Muddy
07-10-2019, 01:11 PM
I'm open to getting rid of her as a US citizen and sending her back to doo-doo ville where she's from. That cunt is in no way representative of what the forefathers had envisioned for this country when they left England and claimed independence.

fricnjay
07-10-2019, 03:06 PM
Barack’s ICE chief: Cages were Obama’s idea
by Paul Bedard

| June 26, 2019 03:57 PM

Former President Barack Obama’s top immigration chief in charge of removing illegal immigrants said that the “cages” Democrats have accused President Trump of housing children in were the brainchild of the Obama administration.

“I’ve been to that facility, where they talk about cages. That facility was built under President Obama under (Homeland Security) Secretary Jeh Johnson. I was there because I was there when it was built,” said Thomas Homan, who was Obama’s executive associate director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement for nearly four years.

At an immigration conference today, Homan, under consideration for a new position of “border czar” in the Trump administration, grew visibly angry answering a question about “cages” often cited by Democratic critics of the president.

Homan, who ran Obama’s successful deportation operation, ripped Democrats who question Trump immigration officials on the Obama-era idea.

He cited one Democratic chairman who asked a Trump official, “You still keeping kids in cages?”

Homan, at the conference hosted by the Center for Immigration Studies, said, “I would answer the question, ‘The kids are being house in the same facility built under the Obama administration.’ If you want to call them cages, call them cages. But if the left wants to call them cages and the Democrats want to call them cages then they have to accept the fact that they were built and funded in FY 2015.”

He said that the Border Patrol facilities where all illegals are initially kept “were not built to take care of children.” In fact, the recent surge of younger illegal immigrants is a new trend.

He said that there are no cages but chain-link fencing that separates kids from adults, done for safety. “It’s chain link dividers that keeps children separate from unrelated adults. It’s about protecting children,” he said.

What’s more, he said that it is only a holding facility until another agency that is part of Health and Human Services can collect them. But, he said, Congress hasn’t adequately funded HHS.

And he said that the humanitarian aid bill working through Congress would help, but he said the House version amounts to “extortion” because it cuts funding for enforcement.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-10-2019, 03:24 PM
I'm open to getting rid of her as a US citizen and sending her back to doo-doo ville where she's from. That cunt is in no way representative of what the forefathers had envisioned for this country when they left England and claimed independence.

She's the politician of the people :hand:

fricnjay
07-10-2019, 03:34 PM
Does anybody else get the feeling she has word of the day toilet paper? :-k

PorkChopSandwiches
07-10-2019, 04:02 PM
She is also claiming Pelosi is trying to bury her in work to silence her because she was assigned to a couple committees and 4 subcommittees
:roll:

“I was assigned to some of the busiest committees and four subcommittees,” AOC said. “So my hands are full. And sometimes I wonder if they’re trying to keep me busy.”

Which clearly she could have declined, because she has before

AOC said she declined the Speaker’s offer after she had refused AOC’s demands for what the committee should do.

This is just the first time she has had to work

https://news.grabien.com/story-aoc-accuses-pelosi-placing-committees-keep-her-sidelined-wor

Teh One Who Knocks
07-10-2019, 04:45 PM
She doesn't want to have to work for her salary :hand:

She wants to go on all the late night talk shows and run her mouth about things she has no idea about :tup:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-10-2019, 04:55 PM
Indeed, well her handlers want her to do that. She has 0 opinion/thought of her own. That's why when it starts to get off script she gets so flustered,

KevinD
07-11-2019, 12:13 AM
I'm actually not against getting rid of dhs.....along with dozens of other agencies too.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-11-2019, 04:41 PM
I'm actually not against getting rid of dhs.....along with dozens of other agencies too.

There are plenty of agencies I would be fine with getting rid of, but how to you plan to deal with this invasion problem?

Teh One Who Knocks
07-11-2019, 05:06 PM
There are plenty of agencies I would be fine with getting rid of, but how to you plan to deal with this invasion problem?

LET! THEM! IN!

KevinD
07-11-2019, 05:39 PM

Use the original border patrol.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-11-2019, 05:54 PM

That "works" at the border, but not for illegals that are here

Teh One Who Knocks
07-11-2019, 05:59 PM

The Border Patrol was just re-branded as ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) and brought under the umbrella of the (then) newly created DHS. So really, it's still the border patrol, just with broader responsibilities.

fricnjay
07-11-2019, 06:06 PM

National Guard? :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
07-11-2019, 06:19 PM
National Guard? :-k

Can't be used in a law enforcement situation.

fricnjay
07-11-2019, 06:22 PM
Can't be used in a law enforcement situation.

But they aren't citizens so isn't it a technically a foreign invasion? :-k

PorkChopSandwiches
07-11-2019, 06:55 PM
The Border Patrol was just re-branded as ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) and brought under the umbrella of the (then) newly created DHS. So really, it's still the border patrol, just with broader responsibilities.

Really? I see guys with jackets that say border patrol and others with jackets that say ICE. So its just different departments of DHS I assume?

Teh One Who Knocks
07-11-2019, 06:59 PM
Really? I see guys with jackets that say border patrol and others with jackets that say ICE. So its just different departments of DHS I assume?

That must be it, maybe I misunderstood when I read it. But yeah, they both would be under the DHS umbrella. The Border Patrol is part of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection which I guess is separate from ICE, but they both are divisions of DHS.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-11-2019, 07:02 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ZYxT5ER.png

https://i.imgur.com/GXmu0D0.png

KevinD
07-11-2019, 09:15 PM
La migra