PDA

View Full Version : Why Every Remote Control Sucks (and how to fix it)

Godfather
07-11-2019, 03:48 AM
https://youtu.be/OYDSj0nZU5g

PorkChopSandwiches
07-11-2019, 04:36 PM
Great idea, he makes amazing clean holes with a screwdriver

Pony
07-11-2019, 10:44 PM
He must have the crappy Spectrum cable box. They installed two types of boxes in our 100+ properties at work. The smaller boxes (can't recall the name ATM) have a horrible range both distance and side to side. Any more than 25 degrees off dead on and it won't pick up the remote. The other style boxes I can hide behind the tv with no IR extender.

Also, as much as I LOVE my TCL Roku tv, the roku IR remote that came with it sucks. I ordered another remote For a Roku Ultra with RF, voice commands, etc that's much better and works great with the TV.

Godfather
07-12-2019, 02:33 AM
Great idea, he makes amazing clean holes with a screwdriver

The cut there makes me think he was just pulling our legs with that :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-15-2019, 04:53 PM
He must have the crappy Spectrum cable box. They installed two types of boxes in our 100+ properties at work. The smaller boxes (can't recall the name ATM) have a horrible range both distance and side to side. Any more than 25 degrees off dead on and it won't pick up the remote. The other style boxes I can hide behind the tv with no IR extender.

Also, as much as I LOVE my TCL Roku tv, the roku IR remote that came with it sucks. I ordered another remote For a Roku Ultra with RF, voice commands, etc that's much better and works great with the TV.

The remote does suck, also what they cal 4k is a joke

PorkChopSandwiches
07-15-2019, 04:54 PM
The cut there makes me think he was just pulling our legs with that :lol:

I figured :lol:

Pony
07-15-2019, 08:51 PM
The remote does suck, also what they cal 4k is a joke

Honestly between my eyesight and my poor internet speed here on the island where the tv is I really haven't tried any 4k content.

For a cheap tv though I really am impressed with the features it has. The guide for antenna tv is awesome and the ability to use the usb port for either video on a hard drive or to pause and rewind live antenna tv to a thumb drive is very innovative. The internal tuner is better than most and picture quality is very good for the price point.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-16-2019, 05:18 PM
Honestly between my eyesight and my poor internet speed here on the island where the tv is I really haven't tried any 4k content.

For a cheap tv though I really am impressed with the features it has. The guide for antenna tv is awesome and the ability to use the usb port for either video on a hard drive or to pause and rewind live antenna tv to a thumb drive is very innovative. The internal tuner is better than most and picture quality is very good for the price point.

For the price you're right. I just dont know how they call it 4k. My 1080 samsung has better picture quality and its at least 6 years old