PDA

View Full Version : 'Hot Water Challenge' leads to charges for Kentucky mom, report says

Teh One Who Knocks
07-31-2019, 10:30 AM
By Danielle Wallace | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/gucJ80vl.jpg

A Kentucky mom turned herself in Friday after police say she failed to seek medical help after her son allegedly poured boiling hot water on an 11-year-old pal who was spending the night during a sleepover, a report said.

Billy Oliver, 11, claimed that he was sleeping over the Manchester, Ky., house last week when he woke up to a group pouring boiling hot water on him. He was rushed to a nearby hospital and was later transferred to Cincinnati Burn Center, where he received treatment for second and third-degree burns, police said.

The boy’s mother, Patricia Oliver, shared photos on Facebook of her son’s severely burned neck and warned parents of the viral trend called "the Hot Water Challenge." The challenge calls on people to share videos of each other drinking or pouring boiling water on themselves or other, the Lexington Herald Leader reported.
Angela Guth, 42, turned herself in Friday on charges of criminal abuse and wanton endangerment after allegedly failing to seek medical help for the child after the incident, Hazard, Ky.’s WYMT-TV reported.

Last week, a 15-year-old teen in Indiana suffered second-degree burns to his face and body after his friends allegedly poured boiling hot water on him as he slept in a bid to complete the “Hot Water Challenge.”

Last summer, an 11-year-old girl in New York suffered burns to her face and chest after her friends had poured hot water on her. The 12-year-old who reportedly dumped the water on her was charged with felony assault. In Florida, a variation of the challenge tragically killed an 8-year-old girl last summer after she attempted to drink boiling hot water through a straw.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-31-2019, 04:31 PM
:facepalm:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-31-2019, 05:10 PM
Pour boiling water on your friends, it will be fun :tup:

Hal-9000
08-01-2019, 01:55 PM
Seems that most people don't buy into the ultra stupid shit...yet here I was about one minute away from convincing my brother to charge his new iPhone in the microwave :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2019, 01:56 PM
Seems that most people don't buy into the ultra stupid shit...yet here I was about one minute away from convincing my brother to charge his new iPhone in the microwave :lol:

If anyone deserves it, your brother does :rofl:

Hal-9000
08-01-2019, 02:02 PM
If anyone deserves it, your brother does :rofl:

Dick head is coming to stay here for a week in August :x

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2019, 02:05 PM
Dick head is coming to stay here for a week in August :x

You should rent one of those exterminator tents that they use when they fumigate an entire house and put it up just before he gets there :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
08-01-2019, 02:07 PM
You should rent one of those exterminator tents that they use when they fumigate an entire house and put it up just before he gets there :thumbsup:

I'm eating all of the food I have and should turn off the hot water.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2019, 02:09 PM
Is he allergic to anything that you aren't? If so, fill the house with it.

Hal-9000
08-01-2019, 02:18 PM
He's been an NA member for over 20 years.

Weed is legal here and that was his poison.

:-k :lol: