PDA

View Full Version : Only three pay to attend Palin documentary in Orange County

Teh One Who Knocks
07-15-2011, 08:36 PM
By Andrew Malcolm - The Los Angeles Times

http://i.imgur.com/GkuCu.jpg

Sarah Palin met her match at the AMC theaters in Orange County on Friday morning. The clear victor was a bespectacled wizard named Harry Potter.

The Palin documentary "The Undefeated" opened at the stroke of midnight at the Block, the mall off the 5 freeway in the city of Orange.

According to Conor Friedersdorf, an associate editor of the Atlantic, he and two sisters appeared to be the only people who paid to attend the California premiere.

As Friedersdorf approached the cinema he noticed that "the crowd was either showing ironic solidarity with Christine O'Donnell, the 'tea party' candidate who is not a witch, or else everyone was there to see the Harry Potter movie playing on a majority of the theater's 30 screens."

Friedersdorf took his seat and did not have to worry about anyone kicking the back of his chair, that's for sure.

"Inside, the theater was empty. I sat there alone for 20 minutes, at which point an usher stuck his head in the door, gave me a quizzical smile, and said, 'How come you're not watching Harry Potter?' Then he left me by myself again, and without any good answer," Friedersdorf reported.

Perhaps right-leaning Orange County moviegoers read the early reviews?

In Friday's Times, film critic Robert Abele says the movie "is really a troop-rallying campaign infomercial as imagined by Michael Bay: hero-worshipping, crescendo-edited at a dizzying pace, thunderously repetitive and its own worst enemy as a two-hour, talking-points briefing."

The Orlando Sentinel's Roger Moore didn't seem to enjoy it either.

"It’s an infomercial of almost comical omissions. Here’s what ISN’T in 'The Undefeated' — Palin’s many gaffes on the campaign trail in 2008, gaffes which continue today, her deer in the headlights moments during debates, her disastrous Katie Couric interview and her cash-in-quick reality TV soap opera family. The movie skims over the reasons she quit her governor’s job just as the going got really tough and glosses over the flood of ethics complaints that dogged her. There is no 'Bridge to Nowhere.' You leave out that stuff and it casts doubt on what you’ve chosen to include and how you may have slanted her Alaskan record," Moore wrote in a review on which he awards the film 1.5 stars out of 4.

Currently there are eight reviews on Rotten Tomatoes for "The Undefeated"; none are positive.

Right before the Palin doc at the Block started Thursday night, two giggling sisters planning on going to Disneyland in the morning arrived in Friedersdorf's theater.

"We looked online for the latest movie playing," one of the sisters told him. "But all the Harry Potters were sold out, and then we saw 'The Undefeated.' We don't even actually know what we're seeing."

Soon after the film started the sisters, like Palin when she was governor of Alaska, left early.

Muddy
07-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Nobody wants to see this girl... Go the fuck back to Alaska, and disappear back into the wilderness...

deebakes
07-15-2011, 10:12 PM
i'd watch her sex tape :-k

PorkChopSandwiches
07-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Hahahahahaha

Teh One Who Knocks
07-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Palin’s ‘Undefeated’ tanks, heads to Pay-Per-View
By Rachel Rose Hartman | The Ticket

"The Undefeated," the documentary about Sarah Palin, appears to have suffered box office defeat.

The film opened in 10 locations last week and upped its exposure to 14 cities this weekend. But Reuters today reports that even as the number of screening venues increased, box office revenue has declined by more than 63 percent. It grossed only $24,000 this past weekend.

Victory Film Group and distributor ARC Entertainment announced Sunday that the doc about the former Alaska governor will be available via video on demand and pay-per-view starting Sept. 1. "ARC will continue to expand the limited engagement theatrical release nationwide throughout August and September as demand across the country remains high," the companies announced in a press release.

But reports such as the one in Reuters suggest lagging sales and attendance prompted the hasty pay-per-view push.

The film was largely panned by critics, despite invoking cheers from Palin supporters. Reports prior to this weekend indicated a per-screen average of $7,500, a figure Atlantic Wire editor Gabriel Snyder (former box office reporter for Variety) said last week was "not a number that anyone should brag about."

The companies backing the movie said in their release Sunday that per-screen averages were "above $11,000 in top markets."

Supporters hoped the film (which was made without Palin's participation) coupled with Palin's bus tour (which is currently stalled) would boost Palin's popularity ahead of her official 2012 decision. The potential candidate has stated she will announce her 2012 plans this August or September.

Muddy
07-26-2011, 06:32 PM
Nobody wants to see this girl... Go the fuck back to Alaska, and disappear back into the wilderness...

You said it, buddy! :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-26-2011, 06:35 PM
It's not like it is a big surprise that nobody would pay to see this crap :razz:

Muddy
07-26-2011, 06:36 PM
I would have thought she would have had more followers...

PorkChopSandwiches
07-26-2011, 06:38 PM
The 3 people were me and 2 buddies

DemonGeminiX
07-26-2011, 07:01 PM
The 3 people were me and 2 buddies

What kind of weed were you smoking when you decided to go see it?

:-k

PorkChopSandwiches
07-26-2011, 07:03 PM
Hahahhaa, we were so high we thought we were watching Harry Potter

DemonGeminiX
07-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Yer a pot'ead, 'arry!

PorkChopSandwiches
07-26-2011, 07:09 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-swm99wUYKek/TiDg_73VkAI/AAAAAAAAKHw/G9O1KpwFfoQ/s400/STUPID%2BHARRY%2BPOTHEAD%2BIN%2BDRUG%2BFIELD.jpg

DemonGeminiX
07-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Hahahahahaha!!!

:dance:

Muddy
07-26-2011, 07:11 PM
There's Hermaniphrodite... Lookin' like a 12 year old boy... With her ol' sweatshirt and dyke lookin' self...

Teh One Who Knocks
07-26-2011, 07:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3LP5m.jpg