PDA

View Full Version : Calgary woman traumatized after being trapped in tipped-over porta-potty following windstorm

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2019, 11:34 AM
By Jill Croteau - Global News

https://i.imgur.com/Xsopn3Xl.jpg

Cecilia Mwalyoga was left feeling disgusted and humiliated after what was supposed to be a memorable event with her boyfriend’s family visiting from Germany.

“I’ve been having nightmares,” she said Tuesday.

Mwalyoga, her boyfriend Stefan Schulze Kalthoff and their five-week-old daughter took his parents to the Wings Over Springbank Airshow on Saturday, July 27.

Intense winds forced a sudden cancellation and spectators were sent away. But before they left, Cecilia had to make a pit stop at the portable toilets.

“I felt the wind move it a little bit. As soon as I was trying to sit, the whole thing just went on my back and the door facing downwards and I could feel all the water and everything falling on me. It was gross,” Mwalyoga recalled.

“I was screaming my lungs off.”

“I saw all the washrooms falling down and I thought I was getting a heart attack. It [was] crazy because I know Cecilia is in one of those washrooms,” Schulze Kalthoff said.

“There were five or six of them and they all tipped over. That’s why they couldn’t find me. They didn’t know which one I was in,” Mwalyoga said.

Her boyfriend and his father scrambled to hoist it up enough for Mwalyoga to crawl out.

“Oh my gosh. It was stinking like crazy,” Mwalyoga said. “It was awful and I’m thinking, ‘All this dirty water on me, am I going to get [a] disease?'”

https://i.imgur.com/yXpQK1Hl.jpg
Cecilia in the back of an ambulance

“I was a mess. My hair had some toilet paper in it and I had blue water, pee water. I saw some needles there. It was gross,” she added.

https://i.imgur.com/0EXBWGtl.jpg
Needles on the pavement

Beyond being humiliated, she was worried about potential injuries. She suffered some bruises and is still sore.

“I had almost a two-hour shower. I was in the shower for the longest time,” she said.

The wind was exceptionally bad that day. Video submitted to Global News showed bouncy castles at the airshow taking flight.
It has left the couple wondering about those porta-potties and their lack of stability to withstand the wind.

“Nothing was anchored down, no weights on them. The only weight was the pee and poo and chemicals,” Mwalyoga said.

“What happened if we stood closer to those toilets and those 100-kilogram toilets would have fallen on our stroller?” Schulze Kalthoff said.

Airshow organizers didn’t respond to Global News following a request for comment. Super Save Toilet Rentals said its spokesperson was out of the province and couldn’t issue a response.

Schulze Kalthoff said he’s disappointed with how officials have handled this ordeal.

“They do customer claims and I left two messages and they never answered me back and Springbank they said they hired this out to separate company so it’s not their responsibility to deal with this,” he said.

DemonGeminiX
08-01-2019, 12:03 PM
Man, that's shitty.

Hal-9000
08-01-2019, 01:28 PM
Fuck man people are dying in hurricanes and her porta potty experience is traumatizing enough to make news?

:hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2019, 01:30 PM
Fuck man people are dying in hurricanes and her porta potty experience is traumatizing enough to make news?

:hand:

She now has anxiety and will never be able to poop again without PTSD. She is setting it up to sue the porta-potty company for $6541611009616069106584198650356810 :hand:

fricnjay
08-01-2019, 01:32 PM
:puke:

Hal-9000
08-01-2019, 01:34 PM
I had pee in my hair :(

Yes ma'am but tell us what happened when the port potty tipped over.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2019, 01:58 PM
Honestly, I think this kinda incident would be high up on anyone's 'nightmare scenarios', you just never think of it until you need to use one. :lol:

Hal-9000
08-01-2019, 02:01 PM
Honestly, I think this kinda incident would be high up on anyone's 'nightmare scenarios', you just never think of it until you need to use one. :lol:

Back in '93 when we moved into an empty building, we had to build it around us as we moved shit in. Meaning walls, electrical, racks, bathrooms...everything.

So for about 60 days we had porta pottys right outside one of the big bay doors.

I drove the forklift out there one day and tried to lift one...it was easy because they were situated on these pontoon-like things.

I'm tellin ya man...we had this one dude who avoided work and spent long minutes out there. He almost got the three story scare of his life :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2019, 02:02 PM
:lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-01-2019, 03:17 PM
:puke:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2019, 03:30 PM
Hi, I'm Poopy Smurf :)

DemonGeminiX
08-01-2019, 04:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4HSQKUAPKM