PDA

View Full Version : 28 percent of delivery drivers admit to eating customer's food, study claims

Teh One Who Knocks
08-02-2019, 10:05 AM
By Jackie Salo | New York Post

https://i.imgur.com/b2Jht1Bl.jpg

More than one in four food delivery drivers have taken a bite out of an order, according to a nausea-inducing new study.

The survey conducted by US Foods revealed this week that 28 percent of food delivery app messengers admitted to nibbling on customers’ food — and even more have been tempted to sneak a bite.

Roughly 54 percent of the delivery people surveyed said they at least considered taking a taste after smelling the order.

“We’re sorry to report that sometimes, impulse gets the best of deliverers, and they violate their sacred duty by taking some of the food!” said the researchers, who surveyed 497 drivers from apps such as UberEats, Grubhub, DoorDash and Postmates.

The same study found that 21 percent of customers had suspected a driver of munching on their order — but the gross confession from the drivers will still likely leave them peeved.

When asked how upset they would be about a driver grabbing a few fries, customers reported they’d rate their dissatisfaction at 8.4 on a scale of 1 being “no big deal” and 10 as “absolutely unacceptable.”

The study found that 85 percent of customers want to see tamper-evident labels on the food to discourage delivery drivers from tasting their chow before it reaches their door.

https://i.imgur.com/6Vz5sN2l.jpg

In the survey, delivery drivers also complained that customers engaged in some bad behavior.

“Of the nearly 500 deliverers we surveyed, topping the list is weak tips, food not being ready at the restaurant, and lack of communication with customers,” researchers said.

At least 60 percent said they’d received a bad tip if they got one at all.

More than a third of messengers reported that customers don’t answer their phone or leave unclear instructions when placing orders, the study found.

Researchers said they conducted the nationwide study over a three-day period in May to help restaurants and delivery services better navigate the rapidly growing industry.

“By learning more about what consumers crave in their off-premise dining experiences, restaurant owners and operators can better cater to their customers’ needs while making smarter business decisions,” researchers said.

lost in melb.
08-02-2019, 03:09 PM
They probably get paid less than the value of the meal itself..

Hal-9000
08-02-2019, 03:38 PM
They can snitch items from each delivery and then create whole new dinner to sell to someone else.

The Franken-meal :tup:

Godfather
08-03-2019, 02:31 AM
That's pretty horrifying. At least most of the places I order from regularly staple their bags shut :lol: I'm just going to keep telling myself that

DemonGeminiX
08-03-2019, 01:12 PM
If they're delivering burgers and fries, I could see them sneaking a fry. I'd still be pissed, but infinitely more so if I saw a bite out of the burger I ordered. Doing shit like that deserves the death penalty.

RBP
08-03-2019, 01:18 PM
They probably get paid less than the value of the meal itself..

Almost always

That's pretty horrifying. At least most of the places I order from regularly staple their bags shut :lol: I'm just going to keep telling myself that

They should seal the orders, but few do. Some use stickers to close it, also a good idea.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-03-2019, 04:13 PM
And this is why I don't use third party delivery services.

If you want to make better money delivering food, go work for a pizza place, nobody is forcing you to work for GrubHub. And if I even suspected a driver had touched my food, I'd hold them at gunpoint until I checked everything out. Fucking disgrace that they mess with people's food. And they wonder why they don't get tipped.

RBP
08-03-2019, 04:21 PM

If you want to make better money delivering food, go work for a pizza place, nobody is forcing you to work for GrubHub. And if I even suspected a driver had touched my food, I'd hold them at gunpoint until I checked everything out. Fucking disgrace that they mess with people's food. And they wonder why they don't get tipped.

I've seen waitresses eat off plates in the kitchen. :dunno:

Godfather
08-03-2019, 04:41 PM

I get a third party service to delivery me chipotle or sushi weekly, never had a problem and it's often free. Takes about 30-45 minutes, but I get to stay home and don't have to order pizza or chinese (the only options that deliver in-house around here). Can't exactly sneak a bite of a burrito or take one of my 8pc nigiri without me knowing :lol:

RBP
08-03-2019, 04:48 PM
I get a third party service to delivery me chipotle or sushi weekly, never had a problem and it's often free. Takes about 30-45 minutes, but I get to stay home and don't have to order pizza or chinese (the only options that deliver in-house around here). Can't exactly sneak a bite of a burrito or take one of my 8pc nigiri without me knowing :lol:

https://i.imgur.com/YM6K7Fn.jpg?1

Hal-9000
08-04-2019, 05:26 PM
Okay you get a pass on that one because it was good :rofl:

RBP
08-04-2019, 08:58 PM
:dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-04-2019, 09:24 PM
I get a third party service to delivery me chipotle or sushi weekly, never had a problem and it's often free. Takes about 30-45 minutes, but I get to stay home and don't have to order pizza or chinese (the only options that deliver in-house around here). Can't exactly sneak a bite of a burrito or take one of my 8pc nigiri without me knowing :lol:How is the delivery free from a third party delivery service? :confused:

RBP
08-04-2019, 10:00 PM
How is the delivery free from a third party delivery service? :confused:

They run specials all the time. DoorDash usually has a group of free delivery restaurants.