PDA

View Full Version : 20 people killed, 26 injured injured in a mass shooting at an El Paso Walmart

Godfather
08-04-2019, 12:01 AM
Twenty people were killed, more than two dozen others were injured, and one suspect was arrested after a shooting at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas, Saturday morning, Gov. Greg Abbott said.

https://amp.insider.com/images/5d45e85436e03c266c5cd983-1920-960.jpg

"Texas grieves for the people of El Paso today. On a day that would've been a normal day for someone to leisurely go shopping turned into one of the most deadly days in the history of Texas," Abbott said. "Lives were taken who should still be with us today."

El Paso Police Department spokesman Sgt. Robert Gomez told reporters at a press conference that he could not yet identify the suspect, but that he was a white male in his 20s.

But several media outlets, including CNN, reported that the suspect was identified as 21-year-old Patrick Crusius of Allen, Texas.

Gomez said the suspect was arrested "without incident," and that no law-enforcement officers fired their weapons.

He added that police believe there is no longer any threat to the public, or that there are any other shooters.

"This is unprecedented in El Paso," Gomez said.

Gomez said the shooting occurred while the Walmart was "at capacity" with customers shopping for back-to-school supplies. He said up to 3,000 people were in the store and 100 employees were present.

KTSM posted a video of customers inside JCPenney at Cielo Vista Mall being prepared for evacuation.

Though the El Paso Police Department had received early reports of multiple shooters, Gomez clarified Saturday afternoon that just one suspect was in custody.

Walmart tweeted a statement condemning the attacks in their Cielo Vista stores.

"We're in shock over the tragic events at Cielo Vista Mall in El Paso, where store 2201 & club 6502 are located," the retailer said. "We're praying for the victims, the community & our associates, as well as the first responders. We're working closely with law enforcement & will update as appropriate."

Photojournalist Mark Lambie tweeted a video of the massive emergency authority presence that responded to the Walmart.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Huge medical response to active shooter at Walmart Cielo Vista. <a href="https://twitter.com/elpasotimes?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@elpasotimes</a> <a href="https://t.co/9O4M9uDYdu">pic.twitter.com/9O4M9uDYdu</a></p>&mdash; mark lambie (@LambieMark) <a href="https://twitter.com/LambieMark/status/1157708115996901378?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 3, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The area indicated in the department's tweets appear to include a popular shopping complex, with a Walmart Supercenter.

https://amp.insider.com/images/5d45c51636e03c33723fe132-960-570.jpg

Former Rep. Beto O'Rourke tweeted to urge his native El Paso to "stay safe."

"Truly heartbreaking. Stay safe, El Paso. Please follow directions of emergency personnel as we continue to get more updates," he wrote.

President Donald Trump tweeted Saturday afternoon that his administration was working with authorities on the incident.

"Terrible shootings in ElPaso, Texas. Reports are very bad, many killed. Working with State and Local authorities, and Law Enforcement. Spoke to Governor to pledge total support of Federal Government. God be with you all!" he wrote.

lost in melb.
08-04-2019, 12:12 AM
Sad to hear this :|

Now shut your mouths and carry on...

RBP
08-04-2019, 03:44 AM
The news is so fucked. Every network had fucked coverage. Why am I watching footage of a Macy's? Why are they saying it's a mall shooting? The Wal-Mart is 8 miles from the Macy's at the mall.

And if one more person talks about a manifesto, I am going to puke. Manifestos are delusional ramblings. They are not a clear-headed dissertation of rational facts.

DemonGeminiX
08-04-2019, 04:42 AM
The news is so fucked. Every network had fucked coverage. Why am I watching footage of a Macy's? Why are they saying it's a mall shooting? The Wal-Mart is 8 miles from the Macy's at the mall.

And if one more person talks about a manifesto, I am going to puke. Manifestos are delusional ramblings. They are not a clear-headed dissertation of rational facts.

I read the manifesto. The guy was a fucking idiot.

And now he's a criminal.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-04-2019, 03:44 PM
https://i.imgur.com/2e4iP2Hl.jpg

And these are the nonsensical numbers that the anti gun forces are peddling today :huh:

DemonGeminiX
08-04-2019, 04:46 PM
They pretend that we don't feel these tragedies. They're so blind and clueless. And it makes me so angry.

Hal-9000
08-04-2019, 05:08 PM
https://i.imgur.com/2e4iP2Hl.jpg

And these are the nonsensical numbers that the anti gun forces are peddling today :huh:

This chart lists mass shooting incidents in American during 2019 up until August 4th. There are six definitions of mass shootings and incidents only make the chart if they satisfy at least two definitions. The most common criteria are 4+ people shot during one incident, and 4+ shot and killed during one incident. I didn't count but it's pretty sad :|

Categories can be sorted from highest to lowest using the tabs across the top.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_201 9

Hal-9000
08-04-2019, 05:21 PM
I read the manifesto. The guy was a fucking idiot.

And now he's a criminal.

Aren't most manifestos written by mentally challenged criminals? This Texas guy said he based part of his scribblings on 'The Great Replacement', which was the title of the NZ shooter's long manifesto, which was stolen from a 2011 book. I read part of the NZ shooter's manifesto and that was a meandering look into someone trying to appear sane while his thinly veiled batshit crazy views on the world bubbled to the surface on every page. eg NZ guy said he has no issue with any race after traveling all over the world, often being treated well by people in every country. It's only when they try to move to his country and settle down to live that the problems start.

I hope the press doesn't try to tie the two manifestos together because they do share common ideas. This Texas guy though said he would never surrender and expects to die. He said surrendering would be the worst possible outcome because of jail and the treatment he would receive by the public. He surrendered.

lost in melb.
08-04-2019, 09:46 PM
Police in El Paso were examining a hate-riddled message on the website 8chan, posted around 20 minutes before Saturday’s attack, in which the author expressed sympathy for a white nationalist massacre at mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, a few months ago, and which stated: “This attack is a response to the Hispanic invasion of Texas.”...

RBP
08-04-2019, 09:58 PM
Why do people accept the criminal justification of an insane person simply because it fits their cultural narrative? If he wrote a rambling incoherent diatribe about the attack being in response to the size of Texas mosquitoes, would we not simply say "what a nutjob" and move on from that discussion? I suppose one would have to believe that this is based on a coherent ideology akin to radical Islam?

DemonGeminiX
08-05-2019, 03:36 AM
Aren't most manifestos written by mentally challenged criminals? This Texas guy said he based part of his scribblings on 'The Great Replacement', which was the title of the NZ shooter's long manifesto, which was stolen from a 2011 book. I read part of the NZ shooter's manifesto and that was a meandering look into someone trying to appear sane while his thinly veiled batshit crazy views on the world bubbled to the surface on every page. eg NZ guy said he has no issue with any race after traveling all over the world, often being treated well by people in every country. It's only when they try to move to his country and settle down to live that the problems start.

I hope the press doesn't try to tie the two manifestos together because they do share common ideas. This Texas guy though said he would never surrender and expects to die. He said surrendering would be the worst possible outcome because of jail and the treatment he would receive by the public. He surrendered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifesto

Anybody can write a manifesto. Hell, I can't count on the fingers of my hands and the toes of my feet the number of times I've written an elaborate manifesto-ish post here on the board, then sat back read it and said "nobody here's gonna read all of this shit", and then deleted it and posted a smiley instead.

Mein Kampf was Hitler's manifesto. There was a Communist Manifesto written by Karl Marx. Most political writings that constitutes ideas such as "here's the problem and here's how we're going to solve it" are manifestos.

I think it's oddly amusing that the Declaration of Independence is considered an official manifesto. I guess Thomas Jefferson was a nutjob for writing it, and the other guys were nutjobs for signing it.

If you read this guy's manifesto, there's things in there that make sense, that are based on correct observations. If you asked anyone in this country whether or not they believed Congress' inaction on illegal immigration is problematic, you'd probably get an overwhelming majority that agrees with that stance. That's in there. But there are things here and there that he gets wrong, where he shows his belief in something that just isn't true and/or is completely based in racist ideology that's intertwined with observational facts that anyone can make. For instance, he claims that genetic diversity is bad, and that science supports his assertion. That's wrong. We know from dog breeding that purebred dogs tend to have more health issues than mutts resulting from multiple different breeds. Technically speaking, mutts are healthier. They're more genetically diverse. It's the same thing with humans. You don't want to have kids with your siblings or cousins. Genetically speaking, keeping it in the family could result in severe genetic deficiencies. If all of us white guys had kids with white women who were completely removed from our respective family's genetic ancestry or with women from a Black, Hispanic, Asian, or some other nonwhite ethnic group, science says our offspring would be genetically way better off. Genetically, diversity breeds strength and health. That's just the way it is.

Up there is evidence that the guy has skewed beliefs. That he's nuts is evidenced by how he seamlessly injects violence as the only solution to the problems he lays out. That he goes on to logically talk about which gun he's going to use and why and the type of ammunition he's going to use, and how he's talking about it like it's going to be some kind of range ballistics test is completely nuts. He's totally unempathetic to the actions and justifications that he's supposing.

This guy should have never surrendered. For one thing it makes him a liar. Second, it would have saved the taxpayers some money. They're probably going to give him the death penalty, unless he agrees to plead guilty to a lesser life sentence. But that'll be like a death sentence in and of itself if he serves jail time with incarcerated Mexican or Central or South American gang members. This scrawny looking pasty white dude with glasses will be wishing he was never born. He'd be better off dead.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-05-2019, 10:59 AM
By Louis Casiano | Fox News

The Mexican government on Sunday threatened legal action against the United States for its response to Saturday's mass shooting at Walmart in El Paso, Texas that left 20 people dead, including six Mexican nationals.

Mexico's Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard made the announcement in a video posted to Twitter, in which he expressed indignation for the mass shooting at the Cielo Vista Mall.

"The president of the Republic has instructed me so that this posture and indignation from Mexico is translated, first in protecting affected families, and then in legal actions, efficient and prompt, quick and convincing so that Mexico can demand the conditions to protect to the Mexican-American community and Mexicans in the United States," Ebrard said.

He called Saturday's shooting "an act of barbarism." Ebrard didn't offer specifics but said Mexico would take action to protect its citizens living in the U.S.

"What happened is inadmissible and today, at 4 p.m., we will announce the first judicial actions that the Mexican government will take in accordance to international law," he added.

Among the 20 killed are six Mexican citizens and seven injured. Mexico revised the number of its citizens killed Sunday from three to six.

"Today, unfortunately, the update provided by the FBI... the regrettable part is that they’ve confirmed that 6 Mexicans have lost their lives, and there are 7 injured in El Paso, Texas," Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador said.

Ebrard said five of the Mexican citizens killed were: Sara Regalado, Adolfo Cerros Hernandez, Jorge Calvillo Garcia, Elsa Mendoza de la Mora, and Gloria Irma Marquez. The sixth victim has not been identified.

El Paso, home to 680,000 residents, sits across the southern border from Cuidad Juarez in the Mexican state of Chihuahua.

The gunman, Patrick Crusius, 21, of Allen, Texas, was charged with capital murder. Investigators are looking into a manifesto they believe he wrote that could be a "nexus to a hate crime."

DemonGeminiX
08-05-2019, 11:00 AM
Good luck with that.

If y'all gave a shit about Mexican lives then maybe ya'll would do something about all of those drug cartels down there that have overrun your country and murder your citizens constantly.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-05-2019, 11:02 AM
This chart lists mass shooting incidents in American during 2019 up until August 4th. There are six definitions of mass shootings and incidents only make the chart if they satisfy at least two definitions. The most common criteria are 4+ people shot during one incident, and 4+ shot and killed during one incident. I didn't count but it's pretty sad :|

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_201 9

Even liberal news outlet ABC knows that there hasn't been 250 mass shooting in the US this year. Those are inflated numbers that are being used by the people that are vehemently anti-gun in this country and it's ridiculous to politicize this shit 6 seconds after the last bullet has been fired.

There have been at least 18 deadly mass shootings in the US so far in 2019 (https://abcnews.go.com/US/deadly-mass-shootings-month-2019/story?id=63449799)

I'm not minimizing the gun violence, no sane person in their right mind would, but for people on either side of debate to make this all political (more than 2 democrats running for president came out and blamed Trump for the El Paso shooting) before the bodies are even cold is sick.

RBP
08-05-2019, 11:22 AM
By Louis Casiano | Fox News

The Mexican government on Sunday threatened legal action against the United States for its response to Saturday's mass shooting at Walmart in El Paso, Texas that left 20 people dead, including six Mexican nationals.

Mexico's Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard made the announcement in a video posted to Twitter, in which he expressed indignation for the mass shooting at the Cielo Vista Mall.

"The president of the Republic has instructed me so that this posture and indignation from Mexico is translated, first in protecting affected families, and then in legal actions, efficient and prompt, quick and convincing so that Mexico can demand the conditions to protect to the Mexican-American community and Mexicans in the United States," Ebrard said.

He called Saturday's shooting "an act of barbarism." Ebrard didn't offer specifics but said Mexico would take action to protect its citizens living in the U.S.

"What happened is inadmissible and today, at 4 p.m., we will announce the first judicial actions that the Mexican government will take in accordance to international law," he added.

Among the 20 killed are six Mexican citizens and seven injured. Mexico revised the number of its citizens killed Sunday from three to six.

"Today, unfortunately, the update provided by the FBI... the regrettable part is that they’ve confirmed that 6 Mexicans have lost their lives, and there are 7 injured in El Paso, Texas," Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador said.

Ebrard said five of the Mexican citizens killed were: Sara Regalado, Adolfo Cerros Hernandez, Jorge Calvillo Garcia, Elsa Mendoza de la Mora, and Gloria Irma Marquez. The sixth victim has not been identified.

El Paso, home to 680,000 residents, sits across the southern border from Cuidad Juarez in the Mexican state of Chihuahua.

The gunman, Patrick Crusius, 21, of Allen, Texas, was charged with capital murder. Investigators are looking into a manifesto they believe he wrote that could be a "nexus to a hate crime."

Wait, they come here illegally, get benefits and education, but can sue for wrongful death because they are Mexican nationals? Are you fucking kidding me?

DemonGeminiX
08-05-2019, 11:39 AM
It looks like they also want to try to extradite the shooter to Mexico, which isn't likely to be taken seriously either.

Hal-9000
08-05-2019, 03:48 PM

Even liberal news outlet ABC knows that there hasn't been 250 mass shooting in the US this year. Those are inflated numbers that are being used by the people that are vehemently anti-gun in this country and it's ridiculous to politicize this shit 6 seconds after the last bullet has been fired.

There have been at least 18 deadly mass shootings in the US so far in 2019 (https://abcnews.go.com/US/deadly-mass-shootings-month-2019/story?id=63449799)

I'm not minimizing the gun violence, no sane person in their right mind would, but for people on either side of debate to make this all political (more than 2 democrats running for president came out and blamed Trump for the El Paso shooting) before the bodies are even cold is sick.

I'm not interested in making this political, I only want to know the facts. So your link says only 18 this year after stating the same criteria as the wiki link I posted. Are some of the incidents in the wiki link made up lies? Pretty straightforward stuff saying 4 people hit, 1 incident etc.

Hal-9000
08-05-2019, 03:54 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifesto

Anybody can write a manifesto. Hell, I can't count on the fingers of my hands and the toes of my feet the number of times I've written an elaborate manifesto-ish post here on the board, then sat back read it and said "nobody here's gonna read all of this shit", and then deleted it and posted a smiley instead.

Mein Kampf was Hitler's manifesto. There was a Communist Manifesto written by Karl Marx. Most political writings that constitutes ideas such as "here's the problem and here's how we're going to solve it" are manifestos.

I think it's oddly amusing that the Declaration of Independence is considered an official manifesto. I guess Thomas Jefferson was a nutjob for writing it, and the other guys were nutjobs for signing it.

If you read this guy's manifesto, there's things in there that make sense, that are based on correct observations. If you asked anyone in this country whether or not they believed Congress' inaction on illegal immigration is problematic, you'd probably get an overwhelming majority that agrees with that stance. That's in there. But there are things here and there that he gets wrong, where he shows his belief in something that just isn't true and/or is completely based in racist ideology that's intertwined with observational facts that anyone can make. For instance, he claims that genetic diversity is bad, and that science supports his assertion. That's wrong. We know from dog breeding that purebred dogs tend to have more health issues than mutts resulting from multiple different breeds. Technically speaking, mutts are healthier. They're more genetically diverse. It's the same thing with humans. You don't want to have kids with your siblings or cousins. Genetically speaking, keeping it in the family could result in severe genetic deficiencies. If all of us white guys had kids with white women who were completely removed from our respective family's genetic ancestry or with women from a Black, Hispanic, Asian, or some other nonwhite ethnic group, science says our offspring would be genetically way better off. Genetically, diversity breeds strength and health. That's just the way it is.

Up there is evidence that the guy has skewed beliefs. That he's nuts is evidenced by how he seamlessly injects violence as the only solution to the problems he lays out. That he goes on to logically talk about which gun he's going to use and why and the type of ammunition he's going to use, and how he's talking about it like it's going to be some kind of range ballistics test is completely nuts. He's totally unempathetic to the actions and justifications that he's supposing.

This guy should have never surrendered. For one thing it makes him a liar. Second, it would have saved the taxpayers some money. They're probably going to give him the death penalty, unless he agrees to plead guilty to a lesser life sentence. But that'll be like a death sentence in and of itself if he serves jail time with incarcerated Mexican or Central or South American gang members. This scrawny looking pasty white dude with glasses will be wishing he was never born. He'd be better off dead.

Yeah I've read a few manifestos. Ted K the unibomber is another famous writer. I'll leave the low hanging fruit about you writing one :lol:

Did you catch that this POS mentions Trump and takes care to say these thoughts and actions are his own, nothing to do with Trump?

At first I thought - Good job man. Separate the easy target away from your own actions. Then I thought - Just mentioning Trump's name puts it into the minds of readers and creates an association.

It's too bad. When I first heard about his note, the first thing I thought of was that this incident is going to inflame the democrats because of the comments against Mexicans. I didn't think about the loss.

Morbid question - Did he just take shots at brown skinned people or did he spray anyone walking by?

Teh One Who Knocks
08-05-2019, 03:58 PM
I'm not interested in making this political, I only want to know the facts. So your link says only 18 this year after stating the same criteria as the wiki link I posted. Are some of the incidents in the wiki link made up lies? Pretty straightforward stuff saying 4 people hit, 1 incident etc.

I wasn't saying you were making it political.

Hal-9000
08-05-2019, 04:00 PM

I wasn't saying you were making it political.

Yes I know mon frere. Clarifying I'm not in the biz of doing anything other than hoping there's a way to reduce this shit.

Hal-9000
08-05-2019, 04:07 PM
We tend to approach these stories from different angles, noting different elements. I know everyone here is shocked/stunned and it should never become an ho-hum, everyday thing.

For instance...some people get really upset that it's not a mall!!! :x :rant:

I get angry. Mass shooters are just cowards and bullies. The worst of the lot in both categories.

DemonGeminiX
08-05-2019, 04:20 PM
Yeah I've read a few manifestos. Ted K the unibomber is another famous writer. I'll leave the low hanging fruit about you writing one :lol:

Did you catch that this POS mentions Trump and takes care to say these thoughts and actions are his own, nothing to do with Trump?

At first I thought - Good job man. Separate the easy target away from your own actions. Then I thought - Just mentioning Trump's name puts it into the minds of readers and creates an association.

It's too bad. When I first heard about his note, the first thing I thought of was that this incident is going to inflame the democrats because of the comments against Mexicans. I didn't think about the loss.

Morbid question - Did he just take shots at brown skinned people or did he spray anyone walking by?

Yeah, I saw the reference to Trump and I thought: It's not gonna matter, you dipshit. The fact that you mentioned his name at all is gonna be meat for the jackals.

From what I've seen, the majority of victims are of Hispanic backgrounds. The Mexican government has come out and named Mexican citizens as among the dead and injured. I don't know if he hit any white or black people, or if there were any other non-Hispanic people in that Walmart at all. I know there were some Hispanic-Americans/Mexican-Americans among the injured and deceased. That's all I've gotten from the news articles I've read.

Hal-9000
08-05-2019, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I saw the reference to Trump and I thought: It's not gonna matter, you dipshit. The fact that you mentioned his name at all is gonna be meat for the jackals.

From what I've seen, the majority of victims are of Hispanic backgrounds. The Mexican government has come out and named Mexican citizens as among the dead and injured. I don't know if he hit any white or black people, or if there were any other non-Hispanic people in that Walmart at all. I know there were some Hispanic-Americans/Mexican-Americans among the injured and deceased. That's all I've gotten from the news articles I've read.

I think it's time to create a new punishment for people like him who have admitted/and or have been witnessed committing these shootings.

Something like a slow form of body part removal over 30 years. Start light with fingers, then hands, then feet...then work up to non essential organs.

A message has to be sent that you don't get suicide by cop and you don't life in prison with three meals a day.

You get a sentence that would make Ted Bundy sit up and say - That's cruel and unusual.

DemonGeminiX
08-05-2019, 04:41 PM
I get angry. Mass shooters are just cowards and bullies. The worst of the lot in both categories.

I don't blame you. I feel the same way.

I've said it earlier and to qualify, the progressives use this crap as opportunities to come after all of us gun owners, even though the dickheads that committed these heinous crimes are mentally deficient/insane/whatever. We're all lumped in. It's as if they can't believe that the responsible, law abiding gun owners feel this on a personal level, and we do feel it, and in many ways worse than the vast majority of people outside of the incident. A lot of us probably would have tried to help the people under fire; some of the more brave of us would have tried to stop the shooter as quickly as possible. But none of that matters to the progressives. They want control, and to get control they have to get rid of the guns, and they'll use any tragedy while the blood's still fresh to push their horseshit agenda. And it's frustrating as hell. We're trying to find out what happened, we're trying to find out if there's anything that can be done to help, and we're getting pounded immediately by the media and progressives about our natural right. As if we were the ones that pulled the trigger. And this has been happening over and over and over again ever since Columbine. I swear to God, if I had a time machine, I'd go back and murder those two fuckers the night before that high school slaughter, and maybe things would be different today. A lot of these mass murderers cite the two Columbine killers as inspiration. And the media just keeps glorifying all of these idiots, inspiring more of them to do more harm. The whole situation is fucking insane.

Hal-9000
08-05-2019, 04:49 PM
I don't blame you. I feel the same way.

I've said it earlier and to qualify, the progressives use this crap as opportunities to come after all of us gun owners, even though the dickheads that committed these heinous crimes are mentally deficient/insane/whatever. We're all lumped in. It's as if they can't believe that the responsible, law abiding gun owners feel this on a personal level, and we do feel it, and in many ways worse than the vast majority of people outside of the incident. A lot of us probably would have tried to help the people under fire; some of the more brave of us would have tried to stop the shooter as quickly as possible. But none of that matters to the progressives. They want control, and to get control they have to get rid of the guns, and they'll use any tragedy while the blood's still fresh to push their horseshit agenda. And it's frustrating as hell. We're trying to find out what happened, we're trying to find out if there's anything that can be done to help, and we're getting pounded immediately by the media and progressives about our natural right. As if we were the ones that pulled the trigger. And this has been happening over and over and over again ever since Columbine. I swear to God, if I had a time machine, I'd go back and murder those two fuckers the night before that high school slaughter, and maybe things would be different today. A lot of these mass murderers cite the two Columbine killers as inspiration. And the media just keeps glorifying all of these idiots, inspiring more of them to do more harm. The whole situation is fucking insane.

I have different ideas about how to address the problem and we both know our individual views on solutions are going to vary for life.

You should know though...that I never associate any of these mass shooters with gun owners like you guys. The thought doesn't see the light of day, ever.

The armed civilian response scenario is a discussion in itself. Assessing the situation correctly and taking action without harming others and not getting shot yourself by authorities when you're attempting to help is a slippery slope at best to be polite. I'd love to hear that a legit firearm holder took down one of these shitpiles. They would be a hero in my eyes.

DemonGeminiX
08-05-2019, 04:55 PM
I have different ideas about how to address the problem and we both know our individual views on solutions are going to vary for life.

You should know though...that I never associate any of these mass shooters with gun owners like you guys. The thought doesn't see the light of day, ever.

The armed civilian response scenario is a discussion in itself. Accessing the situation correctly and taking action without harming others and importantly, not getting shot yourself by authorities when you're attempting to help is a slippery slope at best to be polite. I'd love to hear that a legit firearm holder took down one of these shitpiles. They would be a hero in my eyes.

I'm surprised somebody didn't try. In Texas, no less. Texas has more conceal carry citizens than anywhere else in the US. That's their pride and joy. But apparently being proud CCW holders doesn't necessarily equate to actually carrying a firearm. I always thought that somebody would be ridiculously stupid to try this shit in Texas.

Hal-9000
08-05-2019, 04:59 PM
You know what's bad...I hear Texas and immediately think Kev and Jay.

Were they out that day at McDonalds or the mall or Walmart or whatever?

Chicago has to be the worst because of the shooting gallery over there. I hear ___ many shot and think - Was RBP close to that?

And yes, believe it or don't... I even become concerned if the story happens in Georgia..

DemonGeminiX
08-05-2019, 05:12 PM

Chicago has to be the worst because of the shooting gallery over there. I hear ___ many shot and think - Was RBP close to that?

And yes, believe it or don't... I even become concerned if the story happens in Georgia..

Well, Texas is big. Really fucking big. Bigger than a lot of European countries big. I could be wrong but I don't think Jay or Kevin are anywhere near El Paso. I actually have a friend outside of this forum that lives in Texas and he's about 7 hours away from El Paso. El Paso is the furthest west you can get in Texas, and literally on the border of Mexico.

I think RBP has stated on multiple occasions that he doesn't go anywhere near the shooting galleries of Chicago, and to be indelicate, RBP's white. The gangs in Chicago only kill each other, and it's mostly black on black gang murders. He ain't black, he ain't getting shot.

I live in a really small town. That's not to say that shit doesn't happen here, but if something was gonna happen to me, I'd really have to go looking for it. Shit just doesn't happen like that where I'm at. Again, you really have to go looking for it around here. If you stay away from the bad parts of the county, then it's 99.99% certain that you've got nothing to worry about. You probably have a higher risk up where you're at than I do down here. But I do appreciate the concern.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-05-2019, 05:14 PM
2 of the people in the hospital have died today bringing up the death total to 22.

DemonGeminiX
08-05-2019, 05:16 PM
2 of the people in the hospital have died today bringing up the death total to 22.

:rip:

This is so fucked up.

Pony
08-05-2019, 05:20 PM

And yet you still get your hopes up every time something happens in Ohio. Well I got news for you pal, I'm still here. :nana:

Hal-9000
08-05-2019, 05:21 PM
Well, Texas is big. Really fucking big. Bigger than a lot of European countries big. I could be wrong but I don't think Jay or Kevin are anywhere near El Paso. I actually have a friend outside of this forum that lives in Texas and he's about 7 hours away from El Paso. El Paso is the furthest west you can get in Texas, and literally on the border of Mexico.

I think RBP has stated on multiple occasions that he doesn't go anywhere near the shooting galleries of Chicago, and to be indelicate, RBP's white. The gangs in Chicago only kill each other, and it's mostly black on black gang murders. He ain't black, he ain't getting shot.

I live in a really small town. That's not to say that shit doesn't happen here, but if something was gonna happen to me, I'd really have to go looking for it. Shit just doesn't happen like that where I'm at. Again, you really have to go looking for it around here. If you stay away from the bad parts of the county, then it's 99.99% certain that you've got nothing to worry about. You probably have a higher risk up where you're at than I do down here. But I do appreciate the concern.

I heard someone from the States making fun of our two missing 'spree killers' up here. He heard that people in northern Manitoba were locking their doors at night and made a few jokes about how our mass shooters only kill one or two people and how someone with a gun paralyzes the whole nation.

To a degree there's some truth in his statements. But boy did it make me mad. You know why people in those communities are scared? Because typically they don't have people shooting other people to take their cars. They're used to leaving their doors open at night because there's no one up there but the immediate community. I would estimate that probably 75% of the gun owners in Canada live in the northern communities of each province exactly because the areas are so remote and protection from animals is needed and a real thing.

But for him to make light of two randos arbitrarily shooting people and essentially saying - If you want to see a 'real' mass shooting, check out what we have down south. That's nothing to be proud of.

*and yeah, RBP would kill the criminals with puns.

Hal-9000
08-05-2019, 05:24 PM
And yet you still get your hopes up every time something happens in Ohio. Well I got news for you pal, I'm still here. :nana:

You're always out on some island somewhere fixing something. If anything you're as safe as Tattoo was on Fantasy Island :hand:

Muddy
08-05-2019, 05:27 PM
You're always out on some island somewhere fixing something. If anything you're as safe as Tattoo was on Fantasy Island :hand:

Pony's real life name is actually Mr. Rourke.

Hal-9000
08-05-2019, 05:28 PM
Pony's real life name is actually Mr. Rourke.

Smiles everyone, smiles!

*cues music*

Teh One Who Knocks
08-05-2019, 05:30 PM
https://i.imgur.com/nYXqRg5.jpg

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!

Hal-9000
08-05-2019, 05:41 PM
Fun fact - That was Ricardo Montalban's real chest in The Wrath of Khan :thumbsup:

Muddy
08-05-2019, 05:42 PM
I almost posted a picture of that character.. :lol:

Muddy
08-05-2019, 05:42 PM
Fun fact - That was Ricardo Montalban's real chest in The Wrath of Khan :thumbsup:

Seriously?

Teh One Who Knocks
08-05-2019, 05:45 PM
THIS IS CETI ALPHA V! :x

Muddy
08-05-2019, 05:50 PM
THIS IS CETI ALPHA V! :x

Sent me down the Star Trek rabbit hole with that one..

Hal-9000
08-05-2019, 05:52 PM
Seriously?

Just saw that recently on a Youtube vid. Claim was that he had a prosthetic chest and now that's been debunked. Dude worked out 24/7 before the movie :thumbsup:

Muddy
08-05-2019, 05:53 PM
Just saw that recently on a Youtube vid. Claim was that he had a prosthetic chest and now that's been debunked. Dude worked out 24/7 before the movie :thumbsup:

He's a good looking man..

Hal-9000
08-05-2019, 05:55 PM
He's a good looking man..

Thank you young Muddy

https://i.imgur.com/YTmKO5Y.jpg

Muddy
08-05-2019, 05:56 PM
Thank you young Muddy

https://i.imgur.com/YTmKO5Y.jpg

Not so much there... :lol:

Hal-9000
08-05-2019, 06:00 PM
That one looks jiggered :lol:

KevinD
08-06-2019, 02:44 AM

I get that. Thanks. Texas is large, but, other places are larger. From my house to El Paso, obeying speed limits is about 9 hrs. From Odessa (where I work) EP is about 5 hrs. If you are on interstate 10, crossing texas is 885 miles or so. Its further north to south, and theres no interstate running that way so it's even longer time wise. Iirc, Jay is from Dallas/Ft Worth area. I live outside a small town about an hour SW of Houston.