PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota driver gets ticket for texting; message was about new hands-free driving law

Teh One Who Knocks
08-05-2019, 11:19 AM
Tribune Media Wire

EAGAN, Minn. — A driver in Minnesota was pulled over while texting about a new law banning texting. Eagan police tweeted about it Thursday morning, saying: “No joke, this driver was texting about the hands free law” while an officer was in the next lane. Police said she also held her phone to make a call and got a citation as a result.
Minnesota’s hand-free driving law went into effect Thursday so that driver was among the first to get caught. Violators are charged $50 for their first offense and up to $275 for a second ticket.

RBP
08-05-2019, 11:24 AM
:dunce:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-05-2019, 04:21 PM
:lol:

Hal-9000
08-05-2019, 04:36 PM
We have a vehicle, sort of a converted handi-bus in terms of size and the windows are tinted.

One cop drives in plainclothes, the other observes drivers from a raised view attempting to catch distracted drivers.

:lol: brilliant but also fuck you

Godfather
08-06-2019, 12:06 AM
We have a vehicle, sort of a converted handi-bus in terms of size and the windows are tinted.

One cop drives in plainclothes, the other observes drivers from a raised view attempting to catch distracted drivers.

:lol: brilliant but also fuck you

:lol: I've seen them hiding in bushes and shit near intersections doing the same here too.

The ticket is now up to something like $500 plus you get massive points added to your license so your insurance rates go up too. Distracted driving is a massive issue so I don't oppose whatsoever.

Hal-9000
08-06-2019, 04:26 PM
:lol: I've seen them hiding in bushes and shit near intersections doing the same here too.

The ticket is now up to something like $500 plus you get massive points added to your license so your insurance rates go up too. Distracted driving is a massive issue so I don't oppose whatsoever.

They had the camera inside the secret bus or whatever and right as they're filming the story the cop inside goes - Check this out, she's watching a Youtube video on her phone down there. How fast are we going right now Elinor? 120km per hour? (75 mph). Okay enough of that let's take the picture and issue the ticket.

:lol:

Godfather
08-07-2019, 01:58 AM
Watching youtube in your lap as you drive... I'm sure the distraction level there is similar to having at least a few drinks. Should have your license suspended IMO.