PDA

View Full Version : Perth vegan demands neighbour stop cooking barbecues

Teh One Who Knocks
09-03-2019, 11:15 AM
By Elizabeth Creasy • Reporter and Producer - 9News

https://i.imgur.com/gXZKMS1.jpg

A Perth vegan has taken her neighbours all the way to the Supreme Court, demanding they stop smoking, bouncing balls and even cooking barbecues in the backyard.

Cilla Carden, from Girrawheen, in Perth's northern suburbs said she's fed up with the smell of meat cooking on the barbecue next door.

"They've put it there so I smell fish, all I can smell is fish. I can't enjoy my backyard, I can't go out there."

Ms Carden, a massage therapist, is also furious at cigarette smoke wafting into her yard and the sound of children playing with basketballs next door.

"It's been devastating, it's been turmoil, it's been unrest, I haven't been able to sleep," she said.

But one neighbour invited 9News into the backyard, to show that he's removed the barbecue and told his children to stop playing basketball.

Ms Carden is so upset she has taken her neighbours to the State Administrative Tribunal and the Supreme Court.

"It's deliberate, that's what I told the courts, its deliberate."

But a Supreme Court Judge and the State Administrative Tribunal have sided with her neighbours, dismissing her case.

Her request to appeal the decisions has also been refused.

Ms Carden says she won't give up on her fight and will return to court soon.

Goofy
09-03-2019, 11:33 AM
Must be the fake Perth over in Aus, we wouldnt tolerate that vegan pish over here!

Muddy
09-03-2019, 01:35 PM
Fuck you, bitch.. Move.

Hal-9000
09-03-2019, 03:32 PM
Our old 'lunchroom' was about 4 x 4 with a microwave and fridge.

We had certain coworkers who would bring some deathfish dish and stink up the whole corner of the building. It smelled like ass+spoiled fish+curry+more ass. :puke:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-03-2019, 03:33 PM
So you tried some? :-k

Hal-9000
09-03-2019, 03:37 PM
So you tried some? :-k

Nooo, but we did do something :lol:

Me and the shipper bought two packages of microwavable bacon and nuked the entire lot one day before Captain Highliner showed up. He was Muslim and didn't like pork products.

:dance: the bacon was passable and we ate it all afternoon

Teh One Who Knocks
09-03-2019, 03:38 PM
HATE CRIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Hal-9000
09-03-2019, 03:41 PM
I ate so much bacon that day I oinked when I farted :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-03-2019, 03:43 PM
I ate so much bacon that day I oinked when I farted :tup:

Allah will avenge :|

Hal-9000
09-03-2019, 03:54 PM
[-( He set off his weekly fishbombs first

Teh One Who Knocks
09-03-2019, 03:55 PM
Allahu akbar!

Hal-9000
09-03-2019, 04:00 PM
Aloha ‘auinalā :)

Teh One Who Knocks
09-03-2019, 04:01 PM
Aloha ‘auinalā :)

:snapout:

lost in melb.
09-04-2019, 02:34 AM
I can understand how shitty that must be - but that's part and parcel of living in the big smoke.

Roll the dice and move on...

Teh One Who Knocks
09-05-2019, 10:39 AM
By Jackie Salo - The New York Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd6feA9Hi_0

Thousands of people are roasting an Australian vegan who took her neighbors to court over the smell of meat and fish from their barbecue — by planning a massive cookout outside her home.

Cilla Carden made headlines this week for her legal beef, in which she claimed the odors from her neighbors’ barbecues had destroyed her quality of life, 9News reported.

Now more than 3,000 people are planning to attend a cookout outside her Perth home, organized on a Facebook page called “Community BBQ for Cilla Carden.”

“Don’t let Cilla destroy a good old Aussie tradition, join us for a community BBQ, and help Cilla Carden GET SOME PORK ON HER FORK,” the event description reads.

The barbecue is scheduled for Oct. 19 — and vegans are not welcome, the page says.

Carden’s legal battle with her neighbors began last year. Her complaint was tossed out of court earlier this year, and she filed an appeal. The appeal was also rejected in July, but she has vowed to keep fighting.

Griffin
09-05-2019, 01:17 PM
I can't stand having others living that close to me so I purposely bought in an area where I have privacy.
She needs to quit being a cunt and move somewhere more remote.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-05-2019, 10:44 PM
She might move after the ginormous BBQ :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-06-2019, 10:03 AM
By Paulina Dedaj | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/gSpE7wvh.jpg

After thousands of people signed up for a community barbecue outside the home of an Australian vegan who took her neighbors to court because she could smell them grilling fish, the group’s organizer canned the event following reported threats from the woman’s legal team.

Cilla Carden, a Perth resident, took her neighbors to court over their constant barbecuing of fish, which generated a smell that she claimed stopped her from enjoying her backyard.

“They’ve put it so you smell fish, all I smell is fish,” she told local news outlets.

The courts ultimately dismissed Carden’s case, siding with her neighbors, but news of the lawsuit caused a stir among residents in the capital city of Western Australia.

A Facebook group named “Community BBQ for Cilla Carden” was created in protest of what organizers called her to attempt to “destroy a good old Aussie tradition.”

“Cilla Carden has a problem with her neighbors cooking meat on their BBQ, because she’s a vegan. Recently taking them to the Supreme Court!” the event description read. “Don’t let Cilla destroy a good old Aussie tradition, join us for a community BBQ in protest of her actions, and help Cilla Carden GET SOME PORK ON HER FORK.”

But despite a disclaimer that the Oct. 19 event would be a “peaceful protest,” the Facebook page was shut down after some 7,000 people said they were going, and another 16,000 saying they were interested, news.com.au reported.

Carden’s attorney issued a statement on Facebook warning that they would contact the police if anyone showed up, the New York Post reported.

“Any person who seeks to attend Ms. Carden’s property on Saturday, October 19, 2019 or at any other time in relation to this event or matter will be referred to the WA police on the ground of trespass," the Facebook post said.

The event was quickly canceled and event organizer Bailey Mason said it was due to logistics and trespassing concerns.

“As many of you know this event has far too many logistical concerns to actually come to fruition, and we do not condone the harassment of Mrs. Carden or the trespass onto her land,” he said according to news.com.au.

A second Facebook event appeared shortly after the initial one was removed.

Hal-9000
09-06-2019, 04:31 PM
My entire grocery store doesn't have that much meat on the shelves ^^^ :-s

Teh One Who Knocks
09-06-2019, 04:34 PM
Where do you go? 7-11? :-s

Hal-9000
09-06-2019, 04:34 PM
Not-so-Super store :|

RBP
09-06-2019, 04:51 PM
Booooo!!! Hissssss!! What kind of Australians cancel a 7000-person barbie? Fucking poofters.

Hal-9000
09-06-2019, 04:52 PM
Booooo!!! Hissssss!! What kind of Australians cancel a 7000-person barbie? Fucking poofters.

I've missed you Sweet Prince.

RBP
09-06-2019, 04:53 PM
I've missed you Sweet Prince.

:daisy:

lost in melb.
09-06-2019, 05:06 PM

A legal team :hand:

RBP
09-06-2019, 05:11 PM
A legal team :hand:

I was hoping you hadn't let the inmates start running the asylum. (Pun very much intended)

Teh One Who Knocks
09-06-2019, 08:54 PM
A legal team :hand:https://i.imgur.com/qD0Az0Kl.jpg

lost in melb.
09-07-2019, 01:32 AM
I was hoping you hadn't let the inmates start running the asylum. (Pun very much intended)

I was actually hoping they would all turn up and that the issue would play out in court.

We could then find out how far down the drain Australia and indeed anglo countries have gone :suicide:

RBP
09-07-2019, 03:54 AM
I was actually hoping they would all turn up and that the issue would play out in court.

We could then find out how far down the drain Australia and indeed anglo countries have gone :suicide:

Why are we running scared? I find it fascinating that we weren't identifying these issues until we were told we're assholes.

lost in melb.
09-08-2019, 01:43 PM
Why are we running scared? I find it fascinating that we weren't identifying these issues until we were told we're assholes.

Common sense has been politicisized, and as a natural consequence arm twisted and bent out of shape by legislature That's the problem

lost in melb.
09-08-2019, 01:49 PM
Even at a smaller level you can be fired through the disreputable activity of defying the current social norms. I guess the only way to fight back is voting. Worth noting Australia has a right wing PM currently