PDA

View Full Version : Marianne Williamson denies she's 'crazy' after deleting tweet about 'power of the mind' impacting Hurricane Dorian's path

Teh One Who Knocks
09-05-2019, 10:33 AM
By Sam Dorman | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/6cEIEvyl.jpg

Author Marianne Williamson, a longshot 2020 candidate, came out swinging Wednesday after a reporter tweeted a screenshot of her appearing to attribute Hurricane Dorian's changed path to the "creative use of the power of the mind."

"Millions of us seeing Dorian turn away from land is not a wacky idea," she said in a now-deleted tweet. "It is a creative use of the power of the mind. Two minutes prayer, visualization, meditation for those in the way of the storm."

After reporter Yashar Ali tweeted that post, Williamson accused him of trying to "debunk, counter or mischaracterize anything I do."
"Would you like to have an honest and fair public dialogue? Since I'm neither crazy, irresponsible nor dangerous, I would appreciate the opportunity to counter the caricature," she said.

Ali seemed baffled by Williamson's response, writing in turn: "Not sure why this tweet provoked your frustration @marwilliamson. I simply noted that you deleted a tweet."

"I did not editorialize," he added before knocking her lack of support among Democrats. "With respect to your offer to have an [sic] 'public dialogue,' thank you but I am reserving my time to speak to candidates who qualified for the debate."

In another tweet, Williamson seemed to deny that she claimed that "power of the mind" affected Hurricane Dorian's path.
In a statement provided to Fox News, her campaign claimed the statement was a "metaphor" and pointed to other tweets the candidate posted on prayer.

"It was a metaphor," the statement read. "When others speak of prayer and the mind it’s considered profound, but Marianne is held to a different standard. Because the comment led to confusion it was replaced."

"Everyone please pray for the people of the Bahamas, Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas. May the peace of God be upon them, may they and their families remain safe and their hearts be comforted as they endure the storm."

Williamson has caught attention for her apparently new age appeal, regularly referring to things like a "dark psychic force" surrounding Trump's presidency. Although Williamson was able to participate in the first two primary debates, she was unable to make the stage for the third debate in September.

Muddy
09-05-2019, 01:57 PM
Crazy Crystal Lady..

Teh One Who Knocks
09-05-2019, 02:04 PM
The next President of the United States of America :tup:

Muddy
09-05-2019, 02:09 PM
Joe Biden will be lucky if he lives to 2020.. You see the eye bleed yesterday?

Teh One Who Knocks
09-05-2019, 02:10 PM
Joe Biden will be lucky if he lives to 2020.. You see the eye bleed yesterday?

He definitely doesn't look good. And he's not doing very well with "friendly media" types in interviews and such, can you imagine him going head-to-head with Trump in a debate? He'd (Biden) get slaughtered.

Muddy
09-05-2019, 02:14 PM
He definitely doesn't look good. And he's not doing very well with "friendly media" types in interviews and such, can you imagine him going head-to-head with Trump in a debate? He'd (Biden) get slaughtered.

She he could have f*ckin aneurysm if he gets too stressed..!

perrhaps
09-06-2019, 09:42 AM
Laugh if you will, but it looks like prayer saved Alabama from the storm, right?