PDA

View Full Version : Alcoholic dad dies after being locked in shed by wife to 'stop him drinking'

Teh One Who Knocks
09-12-2019, 10:32 AM
By Ruth McKee - The Daily Star

https://i.imgur.com/ocGMtcn.jpg

An alcoholic died after his wife locked him in his makeshift shed to stop him drinking.

Jonathan Daunter suffered carbon monoxide poisoning when he turned on a motorbike he kept inside it.

The dad-of-three, 50, was discovered unconscious on the floor an hour later by his wife Kim.

An inquest heard she had shut her husband inside the shipping container for his own safety while she went shopping.

When she returned home she found him slumped inside the container and he died later that day.

An inquest heard that the 44-year-old mum was terrified of leaving her husband on his own as she feared that he would “go off and get alcohol”.

When police arrived on the scene to investigate the death, she told officers: “I had to go to Bristol.

“I dare not take him because he could jump out of the car to go and get alcohol because of being desperate to get drunk.”

The hearing in Newport, south Wales, was told the breaker’s yard owner, who had once appeared on the BBC’s Countryfile programme, had a “long-standing dependency on alcohol and had relapsed after seeking help.”

Detectives probed his death in Chepstow but ruled out foul play.

Gwent coroner Caroline Saunders ruled that Mr Daunter did not intend to take his own life and died from the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Muddy
09-12-2019, 12:56 PM
If he did not intend to take his own life then why would he have started a motorbike inside an enclosed shipping container..?

PorkChopSandwiches
09-12-2019, 04:03 PM
exactly

lost in melb.
09-13-2019, 01:48 AM
She didn't kill him. He did it himself