PDA

View Full Version : Ocasio-Cortez: Republican Party Is ‘Scared’ of Us ‘Because They Know How Powerful’ We Are

Teh One Who Knocks
09-12-2019, 11:03 AM
By Hannah Bleau - Breitbart

https://i.imgur.com/GDmCdz9.jpg

The far-left members of the “Squad” – Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), Ilhan Omar (D-MN), Rashida Tlaib (D-MI), and Ayanna Pressley (D-MA) – participated in an NAACP forum Wednesday evening and declared that members of the Republican Party are “scared” of them “because they know how powerful” they are.
Ocasio-Cortez talked about her background as a waitress and told the moderator, Angela Rye, that she does not “shy away” from her background of working in restaurants because it prepared her for her current job as a congresswoman.

“Nothing will give you the ferocity of advocacy like having that kind of experience,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

“No one can tell me about things like sexual harassment. No one can tell me things like working for tips on a wage that is less than the minimum wage. No one can tell me about taking the subway at 3 o’clock in the morning home from a night shift,” she said, claiming that “no one else has those experiences on the other side of the aisle.”

“Very few people have those experiences, and by the way, when they do, like John Boehner, they’re lauded for it. They’re like, ‘That’s a guy I could have a beer with,’ but with me, it’s like, so–” she continued with a gesture.

The freshman lawmaker added that the Republican Party is “scared” of the “Squad.”

“It’s because they’re scared because sometimes I think that the Republican Party recognizes our power more than we do sometimes,” she said.

“Tweet that,” Rye interrupted.

“Because there is a reason we are on Fox News 24/7 while every pundit – while they’re sending mailers with our face on it – because they know how powerful we are more than sometimes our own – frankly I think – our own party does,” she added.

At that point, Rye mentioned that Republican Dan Bishop, who defeated Democrat Dan McCready in North Carolina’s Ninth congressional district Tuesday night, gave the “Squad” a “shoutout” in his victory speech by noting that his victory was a rejection of the “radical liberal policies” pushed by members of the “Squad.”

“Is that why he won by a smaller percentage than Trump did in his district?” Ocasio-Cortez mused.

Bishop secured a win with 50.7 percent to McCready’s 48.7 percent.

Muddy
09-12-2019, 12:48 PM
It's crazy how in this country you can essentially vote for people to give you their hard earned monies.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-12-2019, 01:26 PM
They really do think they are super important.

Muddy
09-12-2019, 01:36 PM
They have completely twisted what the founding fathers intended for this country.

DemonGeminiX
09-12-2019, 02:46 PM
#MakeAOCaBartenderAgain2020

PorkChopSandwiches
09-12-2019, 03:51 PM
dumb cunts

Hal-9000
09-12-2019, 04:00 PM
She's 29 and spent a few years in college before being a congresswoman or whatever her current role is.

So how long was she a waitress? Two, three years?

What about those single moms who have done it for over 20 years bringing up a family?

Every time this person makes a comment I see privilege in many forms.

fricnjay
09-12-2019, 04:21 PM
I am not scared of her or them at all, I'm scared of the American that actually support these dumb asses

PorkChopSandwiches
09-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Lets see how many of the "squad" get reelected

Teh One Who Knocks
09-12-2019, 04:52 PM
Lets see how many of the "squad" get reelected

I'm thinking that at least two of them will not get re-elected, probably 3. The only one that has a decent shot to get re-elected would by Pressley from Massachusetts and only because Mass. is an uber liberal state and she doesn't run her mouth nearly as often as the other three.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-12-2019, 04:53 PM
So for her being in the squad could be problematic :lol:

Muddy
09-12-2019, 04:57 PM
The Squad.. Instead of the Superfriends they can be the Superterrorists..

DemonGeminiX
09-12-2019, 06:33 PM
The Squad.. Instead of the Superfriends they can be the Superterrorists..

Two of them are terrorists for certain. AOC is a fuckin' dumbass. And I have no idea how to characterize the Pressley woman. She hardly ever opens her mouth and that probably makes her the smartest one out of the bunch.

fricnjay
09-12-2019, 06:52 PM
The scary thing is Ihad could be reelected because she is from the district in Minnesota where the most Syrian refugees went. Only reason she got elected to begin with.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-12-2019, 07:23 PM
The scary thing is Ihad could be reelected because she is from the district in Minnesota where the most Syrian refugees went. Only reason she got elected to begin with.

The democrat party in Minnesota doesn't want to support her and has been looking to run a candidate against her in the primary. Her seat is far from safe.

DemonGeminiX
09-12-2019, 07:48 PM
The democrat party in Minnesota doesn't want to support her and has been looking to run a candidate against her in the primary. Her seat is far from safe.

Ha ha! Let them eat their own! :lol: