PDA

View Full Version : BACKLASH: Critics Lambast Melodramatic Greta Thunberg Speech As ‘Child Abuse’

Teh One Who Knocks
09-24-2019, 12:09 PM
By RYAN SAAVEDRA - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/0O4Ti2xl.jpg

Critics responded strongly to a speech given by far-left climate extremist Greta Thunberg at the United Nations on Monday, saying that the apparent level of emotional distress she appears to be dealing with constitutes "child abuse."

Thunberg made waves after she gave a melodramatic speech warning of "mass extinction" while attacking capitalism as "fairytales of eternal economic growth."

Thunberg, who repeatedly declared "how dare you!" in an arrogant manner, also claimed: "You have stolen my dreams and my childhood."

Critics weighed in on her speech, calling it "child abuse," "disturbing," "exceptionally creepy," "scary," "insanity," "fanaticism," and "propaganda."

Here is some of the reaction her speech garnered online:

Federalist editor David Harsanyi tweeted: "The idea that they can use a kid as a political shield, give her immense coverage, and then no [one] is allowed to talk about the substance of her arguments because she is a kid ... is just silly. It's the same with the gun-control kid. He says tons of ridiculous things that are then amplified by media. Yet, people get mad when you point it out. Hey, don't use kids for your political causes. I hate when either side does it."
Human Events managing editor Ian Miles Cheong tweeted: "Am I a bad person for thinking children shouldn't be used as political props like Greta Thunberg?"
Federalist co-founder Ben Domenech tweeted: "We need to have a national conversation about the rising problem of arrogant teenage Swedes."
Republican strategist Chris Barron tweeted: "This is straight up child abuse. I hope the left is proud of the way it treats everyone and everything as disposable pawns in their game for political power."
Elisha Krauss tweeted: "This is heartbreaking and disturbing to me. Environmental activists and her crappy parents have stolen her childhood, not capitalism and the UN."
Radio host Jason Rantz tweeted: "This isn't powerful; it's insanity."
David Reaboi tweeted: "All of you 'climate activists' are lunatic communists. And if you think your hysteria will result in even the smallest political concession from the people you're longing to enslave economically, you're sadly mistaken. Not one f**king inch for your lunatic death cult."
Conservative commentator Erick Erickson tweeted: "Children of the Corn level scary here. They're going to move quickly to violence to overthrow democratic governments."
CNN law enforcement analyst James Gagliano tweeted: "Can't imagine in '81, as 16-year old, lecturing my parents, high school teachers, Reagan administration, House Majority under Speaker O'Neill, United Nations General Assembly, other foreign gov't leaders, or ANY adult, for that matter, that 'You are still not mature enough ... '"
TPUSA founder Charlie Kirk tweeted: "The same people who say we can't criticize 16-year old ANTIFA climate activist Greta Von Thunburg ... Spent months shamelessly attacking the Covington Catholic High School kids — just because they supported our president"
Candace Owens tweeted: "One day, #GretaThunberg will realize that she is a victim of child abuse, not climate change. I genuinely find the video circulating of her to be sad. The Left is stooping to new lows with this blatant example of child exploitation."
Stephen Miller tweeted: "When you hide behind teenage kids like David Hogg and Greta Thunberg and use them for human shields like you are now, what you're really saying is 'Hey my political arguments can't be made by functioning, well-adjusted adults.'"

DemonGeminiX
09-24-2019, 12:13 PM
I posted a few videos about this down in Pony's climate change thread. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-24-2019, 12:24 PM
Anyone that can't see that this girl is being used as nothing more than a political pawn is either blind or ignorant or both.

DemonGeminiX
09-24-2019, 12:26 PM
Oh I know it. They'll throw her away like common trash too after she's outlived her usefulness.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-24-2019, 12:29 PM
By Jerome Hudson - Breitbart

https://i.imgur.com/EwXxKd8l.jpg

Leftist Hollywood figures showered praise on Swedish teen climate change celebrity Greta Thunberg on Monday as she addressed the United Nations General Assembly chided world and warning that the planet is in the “beginning of a mass extinction.”

This fear and pain is real. And it’s gut-wrenching. No generation should have to deal with inaction from leadership,” actress-activist Alyssa Milano said in a tweet that included a video of Thunberg’s rant. “We are blessed to have this warrior of the human spirit.(Listen to her. Don’t just hear. Really listen.)”
“Nobel Peace Prize for Greta Thunberg, please,” actress Debra Messing pleaded for Thunberg who has been nominated for the prestigious award.
“This is all wrong I shouldn’t be up here. I should be back in school on the other side of the ocean, yet you all come to us young people for hope. How dare you?” Thunberg said in her United Nation speech.”

“You have stolen my dreams, my childhood, with your empty words and yet I’m one of the lucky ones,” she continued. “People are suffering. People are dying. Entire ecosystems are collapsing. We are in the beginning of a mass extinction and all you can talk about is money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth. How dare you?”

Thunberg was also one of 16 children from a dozen countries who filed a complaint with the United Nations, accusing five countries of failing to address climate change. The complaint was filed against Argentina, Brazil, France, Germany, and Turkey — but not China, which one of the world’s largest emitters of greenhouse gases.

“Who is that little white girl with the braids runnin’ around savin’ the world and whatnot I like that little white girl with the braids put her in charge of errrrrythang you go little white girl with the braids!” said actor-comedian George Wallace.

Check out all the Hollywood praise for Thunberg below.

DemonGeminiX
09-24-2019, 12:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ1BWVHrLdw

Muddy
09-24-2019, 12:50 PM
That's an angry looking little miss..

Teh One Who Knocks
09-24-2019, 04:45 PM
https://i.imgur.com/1nlJ1qMl.jpg

fricnjay
09-24-2019, 06:06 PM
Girl needs therapy. I watched as much as I can bear than showed my wife and she agreed. This is abuse and mental illness. And I am so sick and tired of this from the left. They do the same thing with gun control. :rant:

Muddy
09-24-2019, 07:16 PM
Girl needs therapy. I watched as much as I can bear than showed my wife and she agreed. This is abuse and mental illness. And I am so sick and tired of this from the left. They do the same thing with gun control. :rant:

I cant even watch it.. any.. :lol:

lost in melb.
09-24-2019, 09:22 PM
She's nervous, angry, emotional, a little unhinged even. Quite frankly cringeworthy. Yet...

First glacier to disappear in Iceland will be marked with memorial
(https://www.euronews.com/2019/07/25/first-glacier-to-disappear-in-iceland-will-be-marked-with-memorial)
A monument will be erected next month to mark the Okjokull glacier becoming the first in the Nordic country to lose its status. Over the next 200 years, glaciologists expect all of Iceland's 400 glaciers to have disappeared, including its largest, Vatna.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-24-2019, 11:56 PM
She's a puppet of the "sky is falling" brigade.

Muddy
09-25-2019, 12:02 AM
https://youtu.be/A1w7TbyxNQQ

Godfather
09-25-2019, 02:21 AM
https://i.imgur.com/1nlJ1qMl.jpg

This is such misleading dribble :lol: She didn't list the USA either. Not because she thinks you're cool:

Thunberg and teenagers hailing from 12 different countries filed a human rights complaint against nations on Monday for not using their resources “to prevent the deadly and foreseeable consequences” of the climate crisis. The complaint evokes the Convention on the Rights of the Child, a 30-year-old human rights treaty that’s the most widely ratified in history, CNN reports.

The countries named are Argentina, Brazil, France, Germany, and Turkey. Thunberg and the other youth climate leaders have not asked for monetary compensation — just that the countries take immediate action to reduce their carbon emissions. The petition states that the countries have made “inadequate” pledges to reduce emissions per the 2015 Paris Climate Agreement.

The U.S. and China — the two biggest contributors to global CO2 emissions — were not included in Thunberg’s list. This is due to the fact that the aforementioned countries have agreed to hear complaints against them. It is also because neither the U.S. nor China have ratified the part of the Convention on the Rights of the Child treaty that allows children to seek justice.

lost in melb.
09-25-2019, 02:44 AM
But look at Paul's hat - that dude knows shit :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-25-2019, 02:23 PM
This is such misleading dribble :lol: She didn't list the USA either. Not because she thinks you're cool:

So you can only lodge a complaint against a country if they are signers of a particular treaty? :-k So if we (the United States) withdraw from every treaty then we can rule the world with impunity? :-k

Let's roll :twisted:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-25-2019, 02:23 PM
By THOMAS D. WILLIAMS, PH.D. - Breitbart

https://i.imgur.com/MDBAYNI.jpg

More than 500 scientists and professionals in climate and related fields have sent a “European Climate Declaration” to the Secretary-General of the United Nations asking for a long-overdue, high-level, open debate on climate change.
Just as 16-year-old Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg addressed the U.N. Climate Action Summit in New York accusing world leaders of robbing her of her future, scientists were begging the United Nations to keep hysteria from obscuring facts.

“Climate science should be less political, while climate policies should be more scientific,” the declaration states. “Scientists should openly address the uncertainties and exaggerations in their predictions of global warming, while politicians should dispassionately count the real benefits as well as the imagined costs of adaptation to global warming, and the real costs as well as the imagined benefits of mitigation.”

The scientists underscored the importance of not rushing into enormously expensive climate action before fully ascertaining the facts.

“There is no statistical evidence that global warming is intensifying hurricanes, floods, droughts and suchlike natural disasters, or making them more frequent,” they declared. “However, CO2-mitigation measures are as damaging as they are costly. For instance, wind turbines kill birds and bats, and palm-oil plantations destroy the biodiversity of the rainforests.”

The signatories of the declaration also insist that public policy must respect scientific and economic realities and not just reflect the most fashionable frenzy of the day.

“There is no climate emergency. Therefore, there is no cause for panic and alarm,” they note. “We strongly oppose the harmful and unrealistic net-zero CO2 policy proposed for 2050.”

“If better approaches emerge, and they certainly will, we have ample time to reflect and adapt. The aim of international policy should be to provide reliable and affordable energy at all times, and throughout the world,” they state.

In particular, the scientists criticize the general-circulation models of climate on which international policy is currently founded as “unfit for their purpose.”

“Therefore, it is cruel as well as imprudent to advocate the squandering of trillions on the basis of results from such immature models,” they propose. “Current climate policies pointlessly, grievously undermine the economic system, putting lives at risk in countries denied access to affordable, continuous electrical power.”

“We urge you to follow a climate policy based on sound science, realistic economics and genuine concern for those harmed by costly but unnecessary attempts at mitigation,” they declare.

lost in melb.
09-25-2019, 02:41 PM
Breitbart :lol:

Bet the whole thing a hoax. All I can find is the same article reported over and over

Teh One Who Knocks
09-25-2019, 02:55 PM

Bet the whole thing a hoax. All I can find is the same article reported over and over

Ohhhh....so if something is on a conservative leaning site, it must be false. Gotcha :thumbsup:

30 seconds of using Google brought me to the original source: https://clintel.nl/prominent-scientists-warn-un-secretary-general-guterres/

Teh One Who Knocks
09-25-2019, 02:57 PM
https://i.imgur.com/g2q7JcU.gif

My backyard yesterday, doing my part :)

DemonGeminiX
09-25-2019, 03:12 PM
:lol:

fricnjay
09-25-2019, 03:13 PM
https://weather.com/science/space/news/2018-09-25-climate-change-earth-wobble-more-nasa

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2805/scientists-id-three-causes-of-earths-spin-axis-drift/

http://humansarefree.com/2019/09/nasa-climate-change-caused-by-changes.html

https://weather.com/science/environment/video/scientists-link-shift-in-earths-axis-to-climate-change-0

https://phys.org/news/2015-12-earth-tilt-climate.html

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/earth-poles-climate-change_n_5706c52ee4b0537661892db4

fricnjay
09-25-2019, 03:20 PM
Oh and plants, trees, grass and such oxidize carbon monoxide and other hydro carbons into carbon dioxide for use in photosynthesis and some do it rather quickly. :tup:

Muddy
09-25-2019, 03:22 PM

I'm not sure the conservatives are much known for fake news, Bud... :lol:

Pony
09-25-2019, 11:59 PM
https://i.imgur.com/g2q7JcU.gif

My backyard yesterday, doing my part :)

All that black smoke will go high into the atmosphere blocking out large areas of the Earth from the sun. You are singlehandedly cooling the Earth! Problem solved! Thanks buddy!

Teh One Who Knocks
09-26-2019, 12:08 AM
All that black smoke will go high into the atmosphere blocking out large areas of the Earth from the sun. You are singlehandedly cooling the Earth! Problem solved! Thanks buddy!:woot:

lost in melb.
09-26-2019, 02:44 AM
Ohhhh....so if something is on a conservative leaning site, it must be false. Gotcha :thumbsup:

30 seconds of using Google brought me to the original source: https://clintel.nl/prominent-scientists-warn-un-secretary-general-guterres/

Ok, you put me to shame so I have dug further.

They are, as was very obvious from the outset, shills, Lance.

Only a handful of these 'prominent scientist' are actually listed and if you dig behind the scenes most of them have significant links to the fossil fuel industry (easily the most powerful and wealthy group of corporations on the planet).

For example the head of Clintel (the 'group' that wrote the letter):

Augustinus Johannes "Guus" Berkhout is a Dutch engineer. He has worked for Shell in the oil- and gas industry ....

An aussie dude in there:

Viv Forbes has also had a long association with the coal industry. According to his archived biography at Stanmore Coal where he acts as director, Forbes has over 40 years of coal industry experience and has worked with Burton Coal, Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal, ect...

They appear to have been for the most part debunked. And yes, they are all old white dudes.

Like I said: Breitbart fodder. But if you want to believe them knock yourself out :dunno:

lost in melb.
09-26-2019, 02:46 AM
I'm not sure the conservatives are much known for fake news, Bud... :lol:

On this occasion it looks pretty fishy to me.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2019, 10:53 AM
Ok, you put me to shame so I have dug further.

They are, as was very obvious from the outset, shills, Lance.

Only a handful of these 'prominent scientist' are actually listed and if you dig behind the scenes most of them have significant links to the fossil fuel industry (easily the most powerful and wealthy group of corporations on the planet).

For example the head of Clintel (the 'group' that wrote the letter):

An aussie dude in there:

They appear to have been for the most part debunked. And yes, they are all old white dudes.

Like I said: Breitbart fodder. But if you want to believe them knock yourself out :dunno:

So, in your view, if you have ever had anything to do with petroleum, your view is invalid? Or if they are white men? Good to know, because obviously all these 'green energy' advocates running around screaming like Chicken Little have absolutely nothing to gain whatsoever and their intentions are as pure as the driven snow with no agenda at all, not funded by anything more than hopes and dreams and unicorn tears.

:uhhuh:

I filled my truck with gas yesterday, must mean I'm a shill for Big Oil and I can't have any opposite view to the sky is falling.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2019, 10:55 AM
By Ryan Saavedra - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/qoPCS4N.jpg

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison slammed those who “exploit” children’s “anxiety” over climate change to push their political agendas in a speech he gave this week to the United Nations.

“We must respect and harness the passion and aspiration of our younger generations, we must guard against others who would seek to compound or, worse, facelessly exploit their anxiety for their own agendas,” Morrison said. “We must similarly not allow their concerns to be dismissed or diminished as this can also increase their anxiety.”

“Above all, we should let our children be children, let our kids be kids, let our teenagers be teenagers,” Morrison continued, adding, “while we work positively together to deliver the practical solutions for them and their future.”

Morrison’s comments come after far-left climate extremist Greta Thunberg had a meltdown earlier this week at the U.N., claiming that adults had “stolen” her “dreams” and her “childhood.”

“People are suffering, people are dying. Entire ecosystems are collapsing. We are in the beginning of a mass extinction,” Thunberg fumed while repeatedly declaring her disgust for those in attendance, saying: “how dare you!”

“There will not be any solutions or plans presented in line with these figures here today because these numbers are too uncomfortable and you are still not mature enough to tell it like it is,” Thunberg added. “You are failing us but the young people are starting to understand your betrayal. The eyes of all future generations are upon you and if you choose to fail us I say we will never forgive you. We will not let you get away with this. Right here, right now, is where we draw the line the world is waking up and change is coming whether you like it or not.”
Partial transcript of Morrison’s speech to the U.N.:

Like many leaders here, I get many letters from children in Australia concerned about their future.

I take them very seriously and I deeply respect their concerns and indeed I welcome their passion, especially when it comes to the environment.

My impulse is always to seek to respond positively and to encourage them. To provide context, perspective and particularly to generate hope.

To focus their minds and direct their energies to practical solutions and positive behaviour that will deliver enduring results for them.

To encourage them to learn more about science, technology, engineering and maths – because it’s through research, innovation and enterprise that the practical work of successfully managing our very real environmental challenges is achieved.

We must respect and harness the passion and aspiration of our younger generations, we must guard against others who would seek to compound or, worse, facelessly exploit their anxiety for their own agendas. We must similarly not allow their concerns to be dismissed or diminished as this can also increase their anxiety. What parent could do otherwise?

Our children have a right not just to their future but to their optimism.

Above all, we should let our children be children, let our kids be kids, let our teenagers be teenagers – while we work positively together to deliver the practical solutions for them and their future.