PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi To Announce Democrats Are Impeaching Trump: ‘Can’t’ Let Him ‘Win’ Reelection

Teh One Who Knocks
09-25-2019, 11:37 AM
By RYAN SAAVEDRA - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/dQevn8kl.jpg

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) announced on Tuesday that Democrats are now "ready" to begin the process of impeaching President Donald Trump because she claims that they have "the facts" and they "can't" let him "win" reelection.

"Attention focused on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who has resisted calls for an impeachment inquiry for months," the Associated Press reported. "But as more members of her caucus pressed for a probe — including crucial moderates in political swing districts — the speaker planned to huddle with her members late Tuesday afternoon. Advisers said she would make a statement on the path forward at 5 P.M. EST."

CNN reported that Pelosi "is expected to announce a formal impeachment inquiry" during her statement.

The Associated Press said that Pelosi decided to begin the impeachment process "over Ukraine."

"The Democrats are so focused on hurting the Republican Party and the President that they are unable to get anything done because of it, including legislation on gun safety, lowering of prescription drug prices, infrastructure, etc. So bad for our Country!" Trump responded. "You will see it was a very friendly and totally appropriate call. No pressure and, unlike Joe Biden and his son, NO quid pro quo! This is nothing more than a continuation of the Greatest and most Destructive Witch Hunt of all time!"
"It's really sad to think that our President would perform an impeachable offense," Pelosi said without offering any details or proof of any impeachable offenses allegedly committed by the president. "It's hard to say you've gotten to that place. But what would be an impeachable offense would be that which is proven in an investigation."

Speaking at an event on Tuesday, Pelosi said: "This isn't about politics. ... we have to have the facts, as soon as we have the facts we're ready. Now we have the facts, we're ready ... for later today."
Later during remarks, Pelosi suggested that impeaching Trump was important because Democrats "can't" let him "win," saying, "that is very serious."
Earlier this year, American University professor Allan Lichtman, "who has correctly predicted the last nine presidential elections says President Trump will win the 2020 election unless congressional Democrats" impeach him, according to The Hill.

"Pelosi's planned imprimatur came after a flurry of those swing-district Democrats late Monday wrote an op-ed in The Washington Post backing an impeachment inquiry, or a fact-finding look at whether an impeachment vote is warranted," Fox News reported. "Her decision heartened Democrats who have long called for impeaching the president, but were stalled after Special Counsel Robert Mueller found no evidence of Russian collusion by the Trump campaign."

Multiple journalists noted that Democrats have established a pattern of announcing major things while Trump is on the world stage, apparently in an attempt to embarrass him.

"Dems always hit their crescendo when the President is out on the world stage," Melissa Francis tweeted. "You can set your watch by it."

Kevin Corke responded: "Noticed that did you? A lot of us who travel on the beat noticed it too ... "

DemonGeminiX
09-25-2019, 11:49 AM
Yes, because that's a reason to impeach a sitting President, because you don't want him to win reelection. Of all the treasonous things these assholes do...

Teh One Who Knocks
09-25-2019, 11:50 AM
He's a threat to our entire country, he needs to be stopped by any means necessary :hand:

DemonGeminiX
09-25-2019, 11:54 AM
I hope this blows up in every Democrat's fucking face and the effects lasts for at least a decade.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-25-2019, 12:03 PM
Can you imagine if the tables were reversed and this is what republicans were doing the whole time Obama was in office?

Muddy
09-25-2019, 03:33 PM
Can you imagine if the tables were reversed and this is what republicans were doing the whole time Obama was in office?

Well to be fair, they did it to Clinton.. Who gives a shit that he fucked an intern..?

DemonGeminiX
09-25-2019, 05:50 PM
Well to be fair, they did it to Clinton.. Who gives a shit that he fucked an intern..?

It wasn't that he fucked an intern, it was that he lied under oath about it. Still shaky, but the distinction matters.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-25-2019, 06:03 PM
This is hilarious, should guarantee a win

Muddy
09-25-2019, 06:20 PM
It wasn't that he fucked an intern, it was that he lied under oath about it. Still shaky, but the distinction matters.

But still... They went after him for fucking an intern and then nailed him over a technicality..

lost in melb.
09-26-2019, 02:50 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nancy Pelosi suggests that Democrats have to impeach Trump because they desperately want to prevent him from getting re-elected: &quot;He can&#39;t win, that is very serious&quot; <a href="https://t.co/JTS2mYIm1u">pic.twitter.com/JTS2mYIm1u</a></p>&mdash; Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1176574076229279744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 24, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well yes, if he's corrupt then probably not good if he is re-elected (assuming that's what she meant)

lost in melb.
09-26-2019, 02:54 AM
We all know I don't think much of Trump and you guys don't mind him.

That aside, trying hard to be objective, do you think he went too far this time??

Griffin
09-26-2019, 03:21 AM
Mind him or not, he hasn't done anything wrong.
The last election gave us 2 options, court jester or satan's minion.
I know people in other countries like to play armchair quarterback about the issue, but it would make one hell of a scary sci-fi movie had Hillary been elected.
The DNC let the people down and since the election have done nothing to fix the problem they just keep fanning the flames. This new breed of Democrats can't pull their heads out of their ass long enough to see they are doing more harm than good.

lost in melb.
09-26-2019, 03:32 AM
I know people in other countries like to play armchair quarterback about the issue, but it would make one hell of a scary sci-fi movie had Hillary been elected.

You'd be at war, I imagine.

DemonGeminiX
09-26-2019, 09:03 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nancy Pelosi suggests that Democrats have to impeach Trump because they desperately want to prevent him from getting re-elected: "He can't win, that is very serious" <a href="https://t.co/JTS2mYIm1u">pic.twitter.com/JTS2mYIm1u</a></p>— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1176574076229279744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 24, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well yes, if he's corrupt then probably not good if he is re-elected (assuming that's what she meant)

He's not corrupt. He's just not one of them. He's actually doing what the people want him to do, for the most part.

DemonGeminiX
09-26-2019, 09:32 AM
But still... They went after him for fucking an intern and then nailed him over a technicality..

Because they couldn't get him over the Whitewater scandal. And all the other shit that they knew he and his demon-whore of a wife was responsible for.

Also, he had a well-known history of sexual abuse that should have disqualified him from running for President to begin with, but because of his bitch-whore beard of a wife threatening those accusing him, and their knack for having witnesses disappear. Not to mention all of the political corruption on top of that. The Clinton's were and still are bad people. They're worse than the fucking mafia.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-26-2019, 10:42 AM
By Ryan Saavedra - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/d5oIasgl.jpg

Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s words from 1998 about the impeachment of former President Bill Clinton are being used against her now as many critics are calling her a hypocrite in light of her decision this week to push for the impeachment of President Donald Trump.

“Today, the Republican majority is not judging the president with fairness, but impeaching him with a vengeance,” Pelsoi said on December 18, 1998. “In the investigation of the president, fundamental principles which Americans hold dear — privacy, fairness, checks and balances — have been seriously violated. And why Because we are here today because the Republicans in the House are paralyzed with hatred of President Clinton. And until the Republicans free themselves of this hatred, our country will suffer.”

Pelosi’s words stand out after it was announced this week that the Democrats are moving ahead with their plans to impeach Trump over a phone call that he had with Ukraine, which Pelosi condemned after admitting that she had not even read the transcript of the phone call.
Transcript of Pelosi’s 1998 speech provided via CNN:

Thank you. Today, the Republican majority is not judging the president with fairness, but impeaching him with a vengeance. In the investigation of the president, fundamental principles which Americans hold dear — privacy, fairness, checks and balances — have been seriously violated. And why?

PELOSI: Because we are here today because the Republicans in the House are paralyzed with hatred of President Clinton. And until the Republicans free themselves of this hatred, our country will suffer.

I rise to oppose the unfair motions which all for the removal of the president of the United States from office, and in doing so, wish to point out some differences between the investigation of the president and the investigation of Newt Gingrich.

The first principle in our investigation of Newt Gingrich was that at the moment we found exculpatory information, it would be reported immediately to the accused and be made public.

The independent counsel knew that the president was exonerated with Travelgate, Whitewater, and Filegate and he held that information until the hearing, indeed until after the election. This was not fair. Indeed, it is the responsibility of any prosecutor to immediately release information that is exculpatory.

This is not about — So it’s not about Whitewater, it’s not about Travelgate, and it’s not about Filegate. It’s about sex. It’s about a punishment searching for a crime that doesn’t exist.

In the Gingrich probe, we drew every inference in favor of the accused. But in this case, it took a closing question from a member of the grand jury to Monica Lewinsky to say, “Is there anything you would like to add to your prior testimony?” for Monica Lewinsky to respond, and I quote, “No one ever asked me to lie, and I was never promised a job for my silence.”

The point is why didn’t the independent counsel elicit that important testimony? In the Gingrich case, we spent a major part of our report explaining the laws which were violated. The Judiciary Committee has not proven perjury, it’s not even defined perjury. Instead, it has kept the subject intentionally vague.

Whether one is violating a marital vow or some other aspect of his personal behavior, it is not an impeachable offense. You have not proven perjury.

In the Gingrich probe, we had a bipartisan unanimous vote in our subcommittee and an almost unanimous vote on the floor because we built consensus and we tried to bring the matter to closure.

Pony
09-26-2019, 10:49 AM
We all know I don't think much of Trump and you guys don't mind him.

That aside, trying hard to be objective, do you think he went too far this time??

I read the transcript, there's nothing there. Unless you do what CNN is doing and piece together words 84,184, 847 926,1047 and 1299 then it reads "Do me a favor and get rid of Biden".

DemonGeminiX
09-26-2019, 11:00 AM
Imagine that.

fricnjay
09-26-2019, 04:37 PM
I read the transcript, there's nothing there. Unless you do what CNN is doing and piece together words 84,184, 847 926,1047 and 1299 then it reads "Do me a favor and get rid of Biden".

I read it today, this is going to backfire on the Dems