PDA

View Full Version : Samuel L. Jackson Voice Coming to Amazon Alexa

Teh One Who Knocks
09-26-2019, 10:31 AM
By Matt Kim - IGN

https://i.imgur.com/HR7IwKv.gif

Amazon Alexa will sound a little more furious after Amazon announced a Samuel L. Jackson guest voice pack for its smart AI voice program.

Amazon announced that later this year, there will be a more natural-sounding voice coming to Alexa devices thanks to a new neural text-to-speech software. Utilizing deep learning, Alexa will be able to sound more human and even mimic real human voices starting with Samuel L. Jackson.

Because of the new technology, Jackson won’t just be spitting out pre-recorded lines or phrases. Instead, the AI is mimicking Jackson’s voice. Amazon will offer the Jackson voice pack for a limited-time price of $0.99 for anyone who purchases it this year. There will also be an explicit voice option for Jackson if you’re so inclined.

Amazon says more celebrity voices will be available next year in case you’re not into the idea of Sam Jackson telling you the weather from your Alexa speaker. Watch Samuel L. Jackson respond to IGN comments below.

Other new Alexa features Amazon announced today include a new multilingual mode that can detect multiple different languages in bilingual homes. There’s also a new “Frustration Detection” mode that will make Alexa apologize to you if it detects your frustration after too many wrong requests.

No word yet on whether or not the Sam Jackson voice option for Alexa will recite lines from Jackson’s famous film roles, but fingers crossed. Just don't hold your breath for him to invite you to the Avengers initiative.

DemonGeminiX
09-26-2019, 10:36 AM
"Alexa, reorder cheetos"

"Bitch, please! Reorder your own motherfucking cheetos, you lazy ass mothafucka!"

Noilly Pratt
09-26-2019, 07:01 PM
Reminds me back in the day when I had Snoop Dogg saying "get off yo ass, you got a call" on my LG flip phone. Great until I was in a meeting with the higher-ups...

DemonGeminiX
09-26-2019, 09:58 PM
Reminds me back in the day when I had Snoop Dogg saying "get off yo ass, you got a call" on my LG flip phone. Great until I was in a meeting with the higher-ups...

You should've shrugged and said, "It ain't nuthin' but a G-thing, baby."