PDA

View Full Version : BIRDS OF PREY - Official Trailer 1

Teh One Who Knocks
10-02-2019, 09:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBMt3ojan7g

DemonGeminiX
10-02-2019, 10:00 AM
I don't know about this one. DC's been letting me down.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-02-2019, 10:01 AM
It has to kill DC that they keep releasing dud after lackluster dud and everything that Marvel Studios releases is basically like printing money.

DemonGeminiX
10-02-2019, 11:39 AM
It has to kill DC that they keep releasing dud after lackluster dud and everything that Marvel Studios releases is basically like printing money.

What kills me is that they had 2 fantastic TV shows in Constantine and Swamp Thing and they axed both of them because the powers that be at DC didn't like the dark vibe of either of them. Had nothing to do with the cost, had nothing to do with viewership at all. The DC brass didn't like horror based TV shows. And then they turn around and put out shit movies that come nowhere close to what Marvel's been doing for the past 11 years. They have no clue at all.

This is not a true Birds of Prey movie, this is a Margot Robbie shaking her ass and fucking shit up movie, because she's such a hot commodity.

fricnjay
10-02-2019, 03:16 PM
What kills me is that they had 2 fantastic TV shows in Constantine and Swamp Thing and they axed both of them because the powers that be at DC didn't like the dark vibe of either of them. Had nothing to do with the cost, had nothing to do with viewership at all. The DC brass didn't like horror based TV shows. And then they turn around and put out shit movies that come nowhere close to what Marvel's been doing for the past 11 years. They have no clue at all.

This is not a true Birds of Prey movie, this is a Margot Robbie shaking her ass and fucking shit up movie, because she's such a hot commodity.

:agreed:

lost in melb.
10-03-2019, 01:58 AM

Why is this? Are they wanting to keep it PG rating?

DemonGeminiX
10-03-2019, 08:36 AM
Why is this? Are they wanting to keep it PG rating?

They're trying to compete with Marvel, and Marvel had a 10 year head start. So DC is rushing everything to try to catch up and they're not thinking about story or production values. They're not making the human stories that Marvel put out in the beginning to get the audience roped into and relating to. There's no true character development in DC that makes you care or even believe in the characters like you do with Marvel's characters. There's no heart to the DC movies.

I don't know why they axed the TV shows. All that I've seen was that the brass didn't like horror based shows. They weren't even that bad. They had cool stories, great acting from good actors in it. Swamp Thing was helmed by James Wan and you could tell he gave a shit about the source material. The Titans and Doom Patrol shows have more in the vein of R rated material than Constantine or Swamp Thing had. Hell, there was titties and sex in the first Doom Patrol episode. That show's borderline ridiculous and it's getting a second season.

PorkChopSandwiches
10-03-2019, 04:19 PM
Ill watch it

lost in melb.
10-04-2019, 03:21 AM
They're trying to compete with Marvel, and Marvel had a 10 year head start. So DC is rushing everything to try to catch up and they're not thinking about story or production values. They're not making the human stories that Marvel put out in the beginning to get the audience roped into and relating to. There's no true character development in DC that makes you care or even believe in the characters like you do with Marvel's characters. There's no heart to the DC movies.

I don't know why they axed the TV shows. All that I've seen was that the brass didn't like horror based shows. They weren't even that bad. They had cool stories, great acting from good actors in it. Swamp Thing was helmed by James Wan and you could tell he gave a shit about the source material. The Titans and Doom Patrol shows have more in the vein of R rated material than Constantine or Swamp Thing had. Hell, there was titties and sex in the first Doom Patrol episode. That show's borderline ridiculous and it's getting a second season.

Interesting...