PDA

View Full Version : DUI Arrest: “Sir, say your ABC’s from C to R”.. Him: “A,B,C.”

Teh One Who Knocks
10-02-2019, 10:25 AM
By Jason Steen - Scoop Nashville

https://i.imgur.com/9qS8lYW.png

Belle Meade Police say 43-year-old Seth E. Andrews agreed to a breathalyzer test after a traffic stop. On his first blow, the result was a 0.18. His second blow was a 0.20, and on the third test he just spit into the tube.

Belle Meade Police Officer Chris Roark stopped a vehicle driven by Seth E. Andrews on September 27th, just after 11 p.m., for non-functional tail lights. He asked Andrews to turn on the lights during the traffic stop, but his request was refused.

Officer Roark then conducted field sobriety tests, during which he asked Andrews to say his ABC’s from C to R. Andrews simply replied “A, B, C.” and stopped. An arrest report states Andrews failed multiple other field sobriety tests and agreed to take a breathalyzer test. His first result was a 0.18, the second result was a 0.20, and for the third test, he just spit into the tube.

Seth E. Andrews, 43, was transported to booking, where he was charged with DUI 1st. He was freed on pre-trial release with a November court date.

Godfather
10-03-2019, 05:17 AM
An arrest report states Andrews failed multiple other field sobriety tests and agreed to take a breathalyzer test.

When I'm watching Cops or whatever in the US I notice they almost always do these long field sobriety tests when people are clearly fucked up. I can see doing a sobriety test if someone passes the breathalyzer but is obviously still not fit to drive, but doing the breathalyzer first seems like the most straightforward place to start if you smell booze and have a suspicion of driving impaired, no?

Up here if they pull you over and have a suspicion you're drunk, they just breathalyze straight away.

PorkChopSandwiches
10-03-2019, 04:14 PM
:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-03-2019, 04:30 PM
When I'm watching Cops or whatever in the US I notice they almost always do these long field sobriety tests when people are clearly fucked up. I can see doing a sobriety test if someone passes the breathalyzer but is obviously still not fit to drive, but doing the breathalyzer first seems like the most straightforward place to start if you smell booze and have a suspicion of driving impaired, no?

Up here if they pull you over and have a suspicion you're drunk, they just breathalyze straight away.

https://i.imgur.com/O9nTL1H.png

Godfather
10-04-2019, 05:20 AM
https://i.imgur.com/O9nTL1H.png

Interesting. I'll have to look more into the law here.

They have random DUI stops on weekends here and usually they'll just ask if you've had a drink and get real close. I believe that if either you a) admit to having anything at all to drink or b) they smell it, they can do a breathalyzer, but I might be wrong.

I usually just answer honestly and say if I've had 1 or 2 (I'd never drive on more) and haven't been breathalyzed ever. My wife on the other hand gets breathalyzed if she admits to even a sip of wine :lol: Guilty face maybe?

perrhaps
10-04-2019, 09:20 AM
Congratulations! Sounds like you have a hot wife.