PDA

View Full Version : McDonald's may expand breakfast menu to include chicken sandwich: report

Teh One Who Knocks
11-01-2019, 09:40 AM
By Michael Bartiromo | Fox News

All aboard the chicken sandwich bandwagon!

According to “leaked internal documents” reportedly obtained by Business Insider, McDonald’s is planning to add a chicken item to its breakfast menu in January 2020.

The outlet’s report did not specifically identify the item McDonald’s plans to debut. It’s possible, however, that either the McChicken McMuffin, Chicken McGriddle or Chicken Biscuit could be the new breakfast item. All three of those items were recently or are currently being tested in select markets.

B1RgZ0IDtlX
When reached for comment, McDonald’s would not confirm or deny Business Insider’s report but told customers to “stay tuned” for an announcement concerning breakfast.

“America has loved McDonald’s breakfast since the iconic Egg McMuffin debuted in McDonald’s restaurants in 1975,” a representative for the fast-food chain said in an emailed statement to Fox News. “We will continue to bring new and delicious craveable options, freshly prepared in our kitchens to our customers, so stay tuned.”

Bpt9stCnkCB
The addition of yet another chicken item to McDonald’s menu wouldn’t exactly be surprising, as its industry competitors — namely Chick-fil-A and Wendy’s— already offer chicken breakfast items or are planning to debut them nationwide.

Fellow fast-food chain Popeyes also garnered tremendous buzz for its Chicken Sandwich, which sold out just two weeks after debuting in August. Popeyes will be bringing the item back Nov. 3, the chain announced Monday.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-04-2019, 05:02 PM
Pretty sure we already have those, but I dont hit McDonalds often

Godfather
11-05-2019, 02:40 AM
I wonder how exactly it came to be that we Westerns don't think of chicken as a breakfast food anyways? We think bacon, ham or sausage and that's usually about it for meat at breakfast.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-05-2019, 04:41 PM
We eat chicken eggs for breakfast :lol:

Muddy
11-05-2019, 05:01 PM
I wonder how exactly it came to be that we Westerns don't think of chicken as a breakfast food anyways? We think bacon, ham or sausage and that's usually about it for meat at breakfast.

Chic-fil-a and Bojangles both have chix for breakfast..

Godfather
11-06-2019, 07:46 AM
We eat chicken eggs for breakfast :lol:

Sure but not usually chicken meat. Just kinda funny when you think about it. For some reason we're pretty selective about what meats are normal to eat at breaky :lol: My asian colleagues don't really eat different food from one meal to the next like we tend to do.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-06-2019, 11:06 AM
Sure but not usually chicken meat. Just kinda funny when you think about it. For some reason we're pretty selective about what meats are normal to eat at breaky :lol: My asian colleagues don't really eat different food from one meal to the next like we tend to do.

Chik-fil-a? :dunno:

Godfather
11-06-2019, 04:32 PM
Chik-fil-a? :dunno:

We don't have it here :( I've tried it though... it's awesome.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-06-2019, 04:39 PM
We don't have it here :( I've tried it though... it's awesome.

https://thechickenwire.chick-fil-a.com/food/breakfast-sandwiches-something-for-everyone

Noilly Pratt
11-06-2019, 05:06 PM
Why not? Great for shift-workers.

Godfather
11-07-2019, 05:47 AM
https://thechickenwire.chick-fil-a.com/food/breakfast-sandwiches-something-for-everyone

Ya I dono, I have to admit chicken sandwiches for breakfast makes my stomach turn thinking about. Maybe I'm the weirdo here :lol:

DemonGeminiX
11-07-2019, 07:27 AM

I'm guessing you've never had steak and eggs for breakfast?

PorkChopSandwiches
11-07-2019, 04:49 PM
Ya I dono, I have to admit chicken sandwiches for breakfast makes my stomach turn thinking about. Maybe I'm the weirdo here :lol:

I had a chicken sandwich for breakfast this morning

Muddy
11-07-2019, 06:35 PM

I was the exact same way. Until I tried a chik-fil-a chicken mini in the morning.. Off the hook good..!

Since then I have had Bojangles Cajun chicken biscuit and I have to say that is good as a bitch as well...