PDA

View Full Version : Girl Scouts warning to parents: Your child doesn’t owe anyone a hug these holidays

Teh One Who Knocks
11-27-2019, 01:01 PM
By Ben Feuerherd - The New York Post

https://i.imgur.com/XWVCtOj.jpg

The Girl Scouts of America issued a statement to parents ahead of the holiday season, a reminder that telling a young girl she “owes” a hug to a relative may have unintended consequences later in her life.

The Scouts released the statement along with a tweet on Monday, writing on the social media network: “she doesn’t owe anyone a hug. Not even at the holidays.”

In the longer statement, the scouting group wrote that urging young girls to hug relatives or friends may give them “the wrong idea about consent and physical affection.”

Telling a daughter that she “owes” someone a hug because they gave her a gift, could lead to her later “questioning whether she ‘owes’ another person any type of physical affection when they’ve bought her dinner or done something else seemingly nice for her later in life,” the statement said.

They added that the best route to take is to let girls decide how they want to show affection to loved ones and friends.

“Of course, many children may naturally want to hug and kiss family members, friends, and neighbors, and that’s lovely — but if your daughter is reticent, consider letting her choose what to do,” they wrote.

“Saying how much she’s missed someone or thank you with a smile, a high-five, or even an air kiss are all ways she can express herself, and it’s important that she knows she gets to choose which feels most comfortable to her.”

Goofy
11-27-2019, 01:10 PM
Oh fuck off

Teh One Who Knocks
11-27-2019, 01:12 PM
Oh fuck off

:rapeculture:

Goofy
11-27-2019, 01:13 PM
:rapeculture:
:beatdown:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-27-2019, 01:14 PM
There's nothing wrong with having a girl high five her grandpa instead of a hug :hand:

Goofy
11-27-2019, 01:27 PM
There's nothing wrong with having a girl high five her grandpa instead of a hug :hand:
:slap:

Muddy
11-27-2019, 03:39 PM
My neighbors ex-wife was molested by her grandfather when she was about 5 years old. I have another friend who's fathers best friend molested her for years when she was about 12. The girl around the corner from us in the neighborhood inherited the house the lived in as a child when her mother died, the neighbor across the street molested her in her early teens for years when she was growing up... My little sister was once dragged into a garage in our neighborhood when she was a kid and raped by the neighborhood retard. These girls go through a lot of shit and in my house I say if you don't want to hug somebody then that's OK. You don't owe anybody jack shit.