PDA

View Full Version : Girl, 8, died of sepsis ‘after beauty queen stepmother made her drink from dirty toilet’

Teh One Who Knocks
12-24-2019, 11:07 AM
Jimmy McCloskey for Metro.co.uk

https://i.imgur.com/6QjOWeq.png

An eight year-old girl died of sepsis after her beauty queen stepmother made her drink from a dirty toilet, it is claimed.

Raylee JoLynn Browning was also found to have suffered a torn rectum, bruising and burns after her death on December 26 2018.

Her father Marty Browning, 34, stepmother Julie Dawn Titchenell-Browning, 36, and Titchenell-Browning’s sister Sherie Titchenell, 35, were all arrested over Raylee’s death in Hilltop, West Virginia, last week.

They have all been charged with death of a child by parent and child neglect causing death, and are being held in lieu of $100,000 bond.

Raylee is reported to have spent Christmas Day 2018 – the day before her death – in a bedroom containing a sex toy and a claw hammer.

https://i.imgur.com/XO3MWj3.png
Julie Titchenell has been stripped of the Ms Oak Leaf Festival title in the wake of her arrest

Titchenell-Browning, whose sister Sherie reportedly slept in the room with Raylee, was unable to provide an explanation as to why the adult device was in the room.

Titchenell-Browning was awarded the title of Miss Oak Leaf 2019 at a local festival earlier this year, with organizers now confirming she has been stripped of that garland.

Her other daughter, who is now in foster care, told investigators that Browning and the Titchenell sisters had once ‘grounded’ Raylee for three days and decided to stop her drinking anything.

The unnamed daughter continued: ‘Her grounding was that she wasn’t allowed to drink anything.

https://i.imgur.com/4jk9Swr.png
Julie Titchenell’s sister Sherie, pictured, has also been charged in connection with Raylee’s death

‘I caught her drinking from the toilet a few times, and I feel that she got that infection from that water.

‘I told her that the water was dirty, but I guess she was just so thirsty.’

The daughter said Raylee was also battered with spoons, belts and metal objects, and was made to sleep on the floor in a diaper after wetting the bed.

Raylee’s mother was not part of the youngster’s life, with the little girl withdrawn from a local school after asking cafeteria workers there for extra food because she was not allowed to eat at home.

Medical examiners have yet to definitively say what caused the sepsis that killed Raylee, the Bluefield Daily Telegraph reported.

They say the severity of her illness should have been apparent to her dad and carers in the run-up to her death, and also suspect Raylee may have been the victim of medical child abuse.

The youngster was on seven medications at the time of her death, many intended to treat severe autism and mood disorders.

It is unclear what – if any – of these conditions Raylee had actually been diagnosed with.

She had been admitted to hospital suffering injuries numerous times in the years leading up to her death, although it is unclear how local social services handled Raylee’s case.

Sherie Titchenell is reported to have carried Raylee into hospital after the youngster suffered a cardiac arrest before her death, and reportedly did so without any emotion.

All three adults were charged after investigators noticed their contradictory statements.

They will appear before a court at a later date.