PDA

View Full Version : FaZe Apex Says Esports Injuries Are A Real Thing, Proof We're Athletes!

Teh One Who Knocks
12-30-2019, 02:32 PM
By the TMZ Staff

https://i.imgur.com/welfRtz.jpg

Just 'cause pro gamers compete from comfy chairs doesn't mean they can't get hurt ... so says the FaZe Clan co-owner, Apex, who tells TMZ Sports video game injuries are a real thing!!

"I've heard of career-ending hand surgeries, for sure," Apex told us out in Hollywood on Monday.

"People get carpal tunnel. I don't get that into it, thankfully. But, some people legit stretch their hands, they do a whole thing of warm-ups to make sure they don't."

Apex even says one of his gamers had to sit out several months due to injury and couldn't play!!

And, just like other pro sports leagues, Apex says teams are hiring psychologists to help with the pressure of competing ... and FaZe Clan may follow suit.

Apex also weighs in on the "Bad Boys of Esports" adding its first female gamer (FaZe Ewok) to the lineup ... and he says she's "an inspiration to all of us."

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2019, 05:48 PM
Sounds like a bunch of pussies to me. :dunno:

Godfather
12-31-2019, 02:24 AM
Half the old ladies at work have carpal tunnel, are they athletes :-k

Griffin
12-31-2019, 02:49 AM
Probably from all those office handjobs they had to do before the #MeToo movement.

lost in melb.
12-31-2019, 07:29 AM
The proof we are athletes thing might be going a bit too far :rolleyes:

Godfather
12-31-2019, 07:36 AM
The proof we are athletes thing might be going a bit too far :rolleyes:

Totally is, all ego.

These guys have notoriety, they do what they love, they have massive groups of fans, play in stadiums, have sponsorships, custom apparel for sale, they can make millions... you don't need to be labeled an athlete to have it all, except for maybe your daddy's respect.