PDA

View Full Version : Woman sues TripAdvisor after falling off runaway camel

Teh One Who Knocks
01-06-2020, 11:25 AM
The Associated Press

https://i.imgur.com/anWvPSr.jpg

DEDHAM, Mass. (AP) — A woman is suing TripAdvisor after a runaway camel tossed her to the ground during a tour in Morocco.

Breanne Ayala, 24, is accusing Massachusetts-based TripAdvisor and its subsidiary Viator of negligence and breach of contract for failing to ensure the camel tour company was operating safely, The Boston Globe reported on Friday, citing the lawsuit. The suit was filed in Norfolk Superior Court on Monday.

Ayala, who is from New Jersey, and her family booked a sunset camel tour in Marrakech, Morocco, through Viator. Ayala claims she and her family did not receive a safety briefing before the tour in January 2018.

A spokeswoman for TripAdvisor declined to comment on the pending litigation.

During the tour, one of the handlers told Ayala that the camel she was riding was pregnant and was about a month away from giving birth, according to the lawsuit.

The camel ran off from the caravan, causing Ayala to fall and break her arm. The handlers waited to call an ambulance until the tour company owner arrived an hour later, according to the suit.

Ayala underwent surgery in Morocco and was hospitalized for two days.

“What was supposed to happen didn’t happen, and I don’t think you can say, ‘It’s at your own risk, too bad,’” Ayala’s attorney Andrew Abrahamsaid.

DemonGeminiX
01-06-2020, 11:54 AM
Nature's a bitch.

Maybe she should tempt fate, double down, and go on a sightseeing tour to look at large carnivorous animals?

Teh One Who Knocks
01-06-2020, 11:55 AM
Nature's a bitch.

Maybe she should tempt fate, double down, and go on a sightseeing tour to look at large carnivorous animals?

Nothing like a good African safari to see the lions :tup:

Griffin
01-06-2020, 01:27 PM
https://themuslimtimesdotinfodotcom.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/reverse-zoo.jpg

Muddy
01-06-2020, 01:42 PM
Didnt she last get a cup of coffee at McDonalds?

Teh One Who Knocks
01-06-2020, 01:48 PM
Didnt she last get a cup of coffee at McDonalds?

All camels should have safety inspections done by the travel agent :hand:

lost in melb.
01-06-2020, 02:32 PM
I dunno guys. These travel agents pocket a lot of money and get a free lunch with 3rd world O&H. Did she sign a disclaimer?

DemonGeminiX
01-06-2020, 05:12 PM
I dunno guys. These travel agents pocket a lot of money and get a free lunch with 3rd world O&H. Did she sign a disclaimer?

It doesn't say in the article but I imagine she would have had to. And so what if they pocket a lot of money? That's irrelevant. She should have known, disclaimer or not, that there was a possible danger involved.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-06-2020, 05:14 PM
From another article:

But the terms of service on Viator’s websites specify that interactions with tour suppliers come with risk.

“Viator will have no liability with respect to the acts, omissions, errors, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any supplier for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting for your interactions with any supplier,” read the business’ terms.

lost in melb.
01-07-2020, 05:58 AM
You still can't act negligently with a disclaimer. Just saying :rolleyes:

In this situation I don't think she has a good case

lost in melb.
01-07-2020, 06:00 AM
Btw, in case you're wondering why I'm banging on about this, I went for a camel ride Egypt and I got a shitty half-dead camel with fucking rags hanging off it. My ass was sore for 2 days afterwards from the emaciated vertebrae on its spine :doh:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-07-2020, 10:34 AM
Btw, in case you're wondering why I'm banging on about this, I went for a camel ride Egypt and I got a shitty half-dead camel with fucking rags hanging off it. My ass was sore for 2 days afterwards from the emaciated vertebrae on its spine :doh:

You'll never be a camel jockey with that attitude [-(

lost in melb.
01-07-2020, 12:07 PM
You'll never be a camel jockey with that attitude [-(

Hey where's the sympathy. :unimpressed: