PDA

View Full Version : TGI Fridays Is Unveiling A Vegan Steak

Teh One Who Knocks
01-08-2020, 12:21 PM
By Peter Pham - Foodbeast

https://i.imgur.com/tlKJAvdl.jpg

To ring in the new year, TGI Fridays in the United Kingdom is offering vegans a brand new menu item that's sure to turn some meat eaters' heads. For any non-meat eaters wishing they could enjoy the experience of steak, but without consuming actual meat, the restaurant chain is serving up grilled Watermelon Steaks.

The restaurant takes a fresh watermelon and cuts it into steak-sized slices. Marinated in garlic and seasoned with a spicy sriracha blend, the watermelon slices are then chargrilled to create a steak-like texture and aesthetic.

Available now at TGI Fridays locations throughout the UK, the dish is served with crispy seasoned fries and roasted vegetables as well as a creamy avocado sauce and Friday's iconic glaze.

A few years back, a restaurant in New York City created a viral dish they also called "Watermelon Steak" that followed a pretty similar concept. Wonder if that popularity will translate to Fridays' new item?

TGI Fridays also launched a Vegan Stack Burger to give patrons more vegan options going into the new '20s.

DemonGeminiX
01-08-2020, 12:41 PM
I've noticed that the Impossible Burger has more chemicals in it than a bottle of Roundup. This probably will too. Don't kill yourself to find a vegan imitation. If you're dying for the taste of steak, then just eat a real fucking steak, for chrissakes.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-08-2020, 01:35 PM
I've noticed that the Impossible Burger has more chemicals in it than a bottle of Roundup. This probably will too. Don't kill yourself to find a vegan imitation. If you're dying for the taste of steak, then just eat a real fucking steak, for chrissakes.

:muddy:

This one is actually a slice of watermelon that is grilled, so while it's still ridiculously retarded for them to try and compared grilled watermelon to a juicy steak, it's only got the one ingredient :lol:

Muddy
01-08-2020, 01:53 PM

They say that thing has like 48 mg of estrogen in it or something and that people transitioning in a transgender situation only dose estrogen at 2 mg..

DemonGeminiX
01-08-2020, 02:09 PM
:muddy:

This one is actually a slice of watermelon that is grilled, so while it's still ridiculously retarded for them to try and compared grilled watermelon to a juicy steak, it's only got the one ingredient :lol:

Alright, you got me.

For any non-meat eaters wishing they could enjoy the experience of steak...

Eat a frickin' steak, watermelon doesn't come close.

DemonGeminiX
01-08-2020, 02:10 PM
They say that thing has like 48 mg of estrogen in it or something and that people transitioning in a transgender situation only dose estrogen at 2 mg..

So not only are you killing yourself by eating one, you're shrinking your nuts by eating one too.

Muddy
01-08-2020, 02:20 PM
So not only are you killing yourself by eating one, you're shrinking your nuts by eating one too.

How else will you get any self respecting man to come back and order a second time..?! :razz: