PDA

View Full Version : Woman punched boyfriend for leaving 'her dog outside in the rain,' deputies say

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2020, 11:39 AM
Jamie Parfitt - KDRV ABC 12

https://i.imgur.com/b1ietlF.jpg

MYRTLE POINT, Ore. — A Myrtle Point woman punched her boyfriend in the face "because he left her dog outside in the rain," according to the Coos County Sheriff's Office.

Deputies responded shortly after 6 p.m. on Tuesday after someone reported an assault on Miller Road in the town of Myrtle Point. When they arrived at the scene, a man named James told deputies that his girlfriend, 38-year-old Melissa Sue Morris, had punched him in the face.

"Deputies observed a marble sized welt and a scratch mark on James' right eyebrow," the Sheriff's Office said. "James stated he was talking to Melissa when she punched him in the face two times."

When deputies interviewed Morris, she admitted that she had punched James because he had left her dog outside in the rain, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Morris was arrested on an Assault IV Domestic charge and taken to the Coos County Jail for booking.

DemonGeminiX
01-09-2020, 11:42 AM
I'm not entirely certain I disagree with her actions. It guess it all depends on what was said during the conversation before she punched him.

Goofy
01-09-2020, 01:18 PM
I'm not entirely certain I disagree with her actions. It guess it all depends on what was said during the conversation before she punched him.
Same, animal cruelty deserves punishment.

lost in melb.
01-09-2020, 01:39 PM
Agree, Full story needed. (although she looks a bit nuts)

Pony
01-09-2020, 01:43 PM
What breed of dog? How long is "left outside"? What was the outside temp?

Kinda hard to be outraged if it was a 100# dog left outside for 30 minutes on a 90 degree day while it was drizzling. On the other hand if it was a small dog outside in the rain on a 35 degree day....

DemonGeminiX
01-09-2020, 02:13 PM
What breed of dog? How long is "left outside"? What was the outside temp?

Kinda hard to be outraged if it was a 100# dog left outside for 30 minutes on a 90 degree day while it was drizzling. On the other hand if it was a small dog outside in the rain on a 35 degree day....

It was Oregon. It can get pretty chilly up there in the Pacific Northwest.

Muddy
01-09-2020, 02:30 PM
Come on guys... It's rain.. It's a fuckin' dog..

DemonGeminiX
01-09-2020, 02:40 PM
Come on guys... It's rain.. It's a fuckin' dog..

Dogs get sick, too. Let's lock your ass out in the rain and see how you like it.

Muddy
01-09-2020, 03:18 PM
Dogs get sick, too. Let's lock your ass out in the rain and see how you like it.

Imma' lock your ass in a basement somewhere.. Listen, it's a dog and is well equipped to handle rain and far greater range of temperatures than humans are..

DemonGeminiX
01-09-2020, 03:48 PM
Imma' lock your ass in a basement somewhere.. Listen, it's a dog and is well equipped to handle rain and far greater range of temperatures than humans are..

That depends on what kind of dog it is... not all dogs have undercoats, what the temperature is, if it has outdoor shelter, how hard it's raining, etc etc etc...

You ain't lockin' my ass in no basement. Get outta here with your ol' decrepit subterranean sex dungeon.

Muddy
01-09-2020, 03:59 PM
:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2020, 04:03 PM
Pony's point is right (except for the dog size part, I would say it depends more on the breed). There's a big difference between me "leaving" Thor our St Bernard outside versus Pepper our Great Dane outside. It could be gale force winds and snowing like a mother and it's hard to get Thor to even come inside. With Pepper. if the weather is anything but sunshine she wants nothing to do with being outside.

Muddy
01-09-2020, 04:04 PM
All great points, but I have a feeling in this case this woman just has a little too much of a love affair with this dog.