PDA

View Full Version : Police: California couple left bikes in yard to lure thieves, beat them with bats and posted videos to YouTube

Teh One Who Knocks
01-13-2020, 11:44 AM
Nexstar News Service

https://i.imgur.com/taZQ9D5l.jpg

VISALIA, Calif. (KTLA) – Police arrested a man and woman Wednesday who they say left a bicycle unattended in the front yard of their California home, then attacked would-be thieves who tried to steal it with baseball bats and posted videos of the assaults to YouTube in recent months.

Visalia residents Corey Cornutt, 25, and Savannah Grillot, 29, were arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and conspiracy in connection with the series of at least four beatings, which took place between July and November near their home, according to the Visalia Police Department.

"In the videos, it appears as if the suspects planted a bicycle in the front yard of their residence, unsecured, and waited for someone to try and steal the bicycle," police said in a written statement. "Once someone tried to steal the bike, the suspects would rush from the house and assault the individual with a baseball bat."

The four victims identified in the investigation suffered injuries described as not life-threatening.

Anyone with information was urged to contact Visalia police Detective James Cummings at 559-713-4722.

Muddy
01-13-2020, 11:56 AM
:okwith:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-13-2020, 11:57 AM
:okwith:

Exactly...these people wouldn't have beaten with baseball bats if they hadn't tried to steal the bicycle.

Goofy
01-13-2020, 12:35 PM
:woot:

lost in melb.
01-13-2020, 03:10 PM
They did it deliberately though. It smacks a little of preying on the weak, imo.

Mind you, I would give a hiding to anyone who stole my bike (that was non-intentionally left)

DemonGeminiX
01-13-2020, 03:17 PM
They did it deliberately though. It smacks a little of preying on the weak, imo.

Mind you, I would give a hiding to anyone who stole my bike (that was non-intentionally left)

The police do similar things to make arrests. They'll put undercover cops on a street corner pretending to be prostitutes to catch possible Jons. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Muddy
01-13-2020, 03:17 PM

Maybe this is the lesson the thieves need.. Your actions have repercussions.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-13-2020, 03:21 PM
The police do similar things to make arrests. They'll put undercover cops on a street corner pretending to be prostitutes to catch possible Jons. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Only slight difference is that the cops don't beat you with batons :lol:

Unless you resist of course.

DemonGeminiX
01-13-2020, 03:48 PM
Only slight difference is that the cops don't beat you with batons :lol:

Unless you resist of course.

:nono:

Not according to Black Lives Matter.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-13-2020, 05:47 PM
https://i.imgur.com/IMeIBmn.jpg

lost in melb.
01-14-2020, 12:40 AM

Yes, but... They are not the police. Their intention was to obtain satisfaction from hurting people

DemonGeminiX
01-14-2020, 12:55 AM
Yes, but... They are not the police. Their intention was to obtain satisfaction from hurting people

:-s

And?

lost in melb.
01-14-2020, 02:12 AM

:-s

And?

And they're going to go to jail for their evil pleasure ;)

As Muddy said: 'Your actions have repercussions.'

Muddy
01-14-2020, 02:51 AM
And they're going to go to jail for their evil pleasure ;)

As Muddy said: 'Your actions have repercussions.'

The police should go to jail for all their entrapment scams as well..! Remember, no ones above the law.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-14-2020, 10:39 AM
The police should go to jail for all their entrapment scams as well..! Remember, no ones above the law.

It's only entrapment if the police coerce you into breaking the law.

Entrapment vs. Opportunity
The key aspect of entrapment is this: Government agents do not entrap defendants simply by offering them an opportunity to commit a crime. Judges expect people to resist any ordinary temptation to violate the law. An entrapment defense arises when government agents resort to repugnant behavior such as the use of threats, harassment, fraud, or even flattery to induce defendants to commit crimes.