PDA

View Full Version : Model overcomes body hair 'shame' by sharing snap of armpit fuzz this Januhairy

Teh One Who Knocks
01-15-2020, 11:14 AM
By Sophie Roberts, Acting Lifestyle and Travel Editor - The Daily Star

https://i.imgur.com/ergKEeG.jpg

A model has shared a picture of her armpit hair in a bid to show others that fuzz is completely natural.

Fenella shared the body positive post on Instagram, where she revealed she’d be participating in Januhairy .

The movement encourages ladies to ditch their razors to “challenge social norms”.

Participants hope this will make others more accepting of their body hair.

In a candid Instagram post, Fenella admitted that she used to feel self conscious about her fuzz.

She remarked: “When I first grew out my body hair I felt ashamed.”

The Instagram star added: “I felt so ashamed I felt I had to apologise to the people around me if they saw it – ‘Sorry I know it’s disgusting but…’

“Women have been socially conditioned to believe their body hair is disgusting, dirty, unattractive and this is not OK.

“This month I’m joining the movement #januhairy by posting every day and encouraging conversation on body hair. Follow @januhairy for more.”

Fenella’s post has been very well received on Instagram.

It’s racked up 1,400 likes in a matter of days – and many have praised the model for her honesty.

https://i.imgur.com/YMbWzG7.jpg

One responder remarked: “You are stunning – and I’m really so proud of how brave and amazing you are.

“Natural is always best.”

Another said: “Body hair is normal and its existence has a reason.

“Don’t feel ashamed and keep enjoying life.”

And a third added: “Hair is just part of us. I’m more ashamed of society.”

The Januhairy campaign was first started by student Laura Jackson.

At the time, the 21-year-old Exeter University student said she came up with the idea after growing out her own hair for a performance.

The Warwickshire-based woman used the movement to raise money for charity.

She hoped to drum up £1,000 for charity Body Gossip’s education programme, which teaches young people about body image.

Those participating in the campaign are urged to share snaps to social media with the hashtag #Januhairy.

lost in melb.
01-15-2020, 11:22 AM
Fine. Let natural selection take it's place, and don't complain if I want to f*** your hair-free sister

DemonGeminiX
01-15-2020, 11:25 AM
:lol:

Muddy
01-15-2020, 02:02 PM
Bleahhhhhhhh...!!! She's fat and bruised as well. :bleach: