PDA

View Full Version : 'Target Tori' gets outpouring of donations after toothbrush spat at Massachusetts store

Teh One Who Knocks
01-21-2020, 10:58 AM
By Louis Casiano | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/PdNQqMXl.jpg

A Target customer's attempt to publicly shame a store manager over her refusal to sell him a mispriced electronic toothbrush has backfired after sympathizers raised over $30,000 for her.

The incident began Friday when David Leavitt, whose Twitter biography said he is an award-winning journalist with bylines for multiple media outlets, tried purchasing an Oral B Pro 5000 electric toothbrush that was marked for sale for $.01 at the Swanesa, Mass., store, The Herald News reported.

Leavitt tweeted that a store manager named Tori refused to sell him the item for the displayed price, prompting him to call the police.
He then posted that the police said he would need to sue Target and that they would make him a report to take to court. Leavitt had 210,000 followers as of Monday.

In one tweet after the viral incident, Leavitt said he could not afford to go to the dentist in three years.

"So yes I wanted a good toothbrush and was thrilled to see such an amazing prize on an @OralB but @target refused to honor it and now I have to take them to court," he posted.
The tweetstorm led to the manager, identified by the newspaper as Tori Perrotti, being referred to on social media as #TargetTori. While several thousand Twitter users liked Leavitt's initial tweet, others sympathized with Perrotti.

A GoFundMe was created for her and has raised nearly $30,600 as of Monday night.

"Harassed this Target employee over an electric toothbrush, and then blasted her on Twitter to his 215k followers," the page read. "Lets send her on a vacation."

https://i.imgur.com/qg2U2dHl.jpg

In one photo, Perrotti is seen holding a paper that read: “Thank you for your kindness!"

In a statement to the paper, a Target spokesperson said the company is "grateful for the hard work our team members put in each day to serve our guests in our stores."

"We’re working closely with our store team on this and appreciate the messages of support the team has received from guests," the spokesperson added.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-21-2020, 10:58 AM
What an asshole.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-21-2020, 11:00 AM
Here's the original Twitter thread...he's not only a liar, but he has TDS and he's been doing this multiple times to different companies.

DemonGeminiX
01-21-2020, 11:02 AM
:-k

Maybe he switched the price tag himself?

Teh One Who Knocks
01-21-2020, 12:31 PM

Teh One Who Knocks
01-21-2020, 08:46 PM
by BRIAN CRANDALL, NBC 10 NEWS

<iframe width='640' height='360' src='http://sinclairstoryline.com/resources/embeds/jw8-embed.html?client=googima&file=https://content.uplynk.com/6d74c978c39643da8e2cc10537c7b09f.m3u8&autostart=false' /></iframe>

SWANSEA, Mass. (WJAR) - A worker at the Target store in Swansea receives an outpouring of support after she was the target of a customer complaint posted on social media.

A GoFundMe online fundraiser has pulled in more than $30,000 for Tori Perrotti, who now has a well-known nickname after the incident went viral.

"I am Target Tori. I am," Perrotti said.

Tori and the nickname went viral after the customer posted a complaint on Twitter that she would not honor the one-cent price near an electric toothbrush, though in the picture that price is labeled "display."

David Leavitt posted Perrotti's picture and that he would take Target to court for not honoring the price.

"Initially, when I saw the photo, I felt a little bit of embarrassment but I think once so many people gathered around me in support, that's when I felt empowered," Perrotti said.

And it has gained attention across the country.

"I think the reach out from other people came because it could obviously be so embarrassing to me," Perrotti said.

Police were called during the dispute at the Target store in Swansea on Friday.

The Swansea police report of the incident states both the store and Leavitt called police Friday afternoon.

The store reported it had a customer refusing to leave.

Leavitt told police the store would not honor the price.

The officer wrote in the report that she told Leavitt it was a civil matter and that he could file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

The officer noted the price of the electric toothbrush was listed at $89.99.

"I think it's so important to keep the attention on the positivity that has come from this. And I'm so excited to share that positivity with everyone," Perrotti said.

In response to all the buzz, someone started a GoFundMe online fundraiser for Perrotti, to give her a vacation.

Perrotti said she's looking for a cause to donate to.

"I didn't feel worthy of that, so that's part of the reason I feel so compelled to donate it," she said.

Perrotti said she does plan on taking a vacation, too.

NBC 10 News reached out to Leavitt, but he has not responded.

Target said in a statement, "We're working closely with our store team on this and appreciate the messages of support the team has received from guests."

Griffin
01-21-2020, 10:10 PM
The sticker clearly says display. If he wants the non working display for a penny let him have it.

I use to be an inventory auditor for a major retailer and the displays would have to be tagged so as not to be counted as sellable merchandise during the physical inventory process.

Pony
01-21-2020, 10:38 PM
Here's the original Twitter thread...he's not only a liar, but he has TDS and he's been doing this multiple times to different companies.

He's also the douche who made that insensitive comment after the Manchester massacre.

‘MULTIPLE CONFIRMED FATALITIES at Manchester Arena. The last time I listened to Ariana Grande I almost died too.’

I love that 90% of the comments on the tweet are against him.