PDA

View Full Version : Greta Attacks U.S., Admonishes World Leaders: ‘I Said I Wanted You To Panic’

Teh One Who Knocks
01-22-2020, 11:50 AM
The Daily Wire Staff

https://i.imgur.com/nDuOzQxl.jpg

Left-wing climate activist Greta Thunberg decried the United States’ decision to leave the Paris Climate Accord despite leading the world’s in CO2 emissions reductions during a speech she gave on Tuesday at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

“One year ago I came to Davos and told you that our house is on fire,” Thunberg said. “I said I wanted you to panic. I’ve been warned that telling people to panic about the climate crisis is a very dangerous thing to do. But don’t worry. It’s fine. Trust me, I’ve done this before and I can assure you it doesn’t lead to anything.”

Thunberg let the audience know that her demands were just that, demands, and that she was not asking world leaders to change, she was “telling” them to.

“And, for the record, when we children tell you to panic we’re not telling you to go on like before. We’re not telling you to rely on technologies that don’t even exist today at scale and that science says perhaps never will,” Thunberg said. “We are not telling you to keep talking about reaching ‘net zero emissions’ or ‘carbon neutrality’ by cheating and fiddling around with numbers. We are not telling you to ‘offset your emissions’ by just paying someone else to plant trees in places like Africa while at the same time forests like the Amazon are being slaughtered at an infinitely higher rate.”

“Planting trees is good, of course, but it’s nowhere near enough of what is needed and it cannot replace real mitigation and rewilding nature,” Thunberg continued. “Let’s be clear. We don’t need a ‘low carbon economy.’ We don’t need to ‘lower emissions.’ Our emissions have to stop if we are to have a chance to stay below the 1.5-degree target. And, until we have the technologies that at scale can put our emissions to minus, then we must forget about net zero. We need real zero.”

Thunberg later hit the Trump administration for leaving the Paris Climate Accord, despite the fact that the U.S. is leading the world in CO2 emissions reductions while numerous other countries are failing to even meet their goals.

“The fact that the U.S.A. is leaving the Paris accord seems to outrage and worry everyone, and it should,” Thunberg said. “But the fact that we’re all about to fail the commitments you signed up for in the Paris Agreement doesn’t seem to bother the people in power even the least.”

WATCH:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWBGbAZlpRU

DemonGeminiX
01-22-2020, 11:53 AM
World leaders to Greta:

:fu: Shut the fuck up and go back to school, kid.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-22-2020, 12:19 PM
Embrace her outrage! :x

DemonGeminiX
01-22-2020, 12:22 PM
Laugh at her stupidity! :x

:ftfy:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-22-2020, 12:23 PM
We're all gonna be dead in less than 12 years [-(

DemonGeminiX
01-22-2020, 12:27 PM

:woot:

Goofy
01-22-2020, 01:27 PM
Early retirement! :woot:

Muddy
01-22-2020, 02:03 PM
World leaders to Greta:

Exactly.. It's hard to take these summits seriously when those in charge keep putting a little kid up on the stage talking to adults like she does.. This isn't 'Happy Feet', kid.

lost in melb.
01-22-2020, 02:13 PM
Good on you, Greta. Unlike our American counterparts WE KNOW what you mean :(

Muddy
01-22-2020, 02:16 PM
Good on you, Greta. Unlike our American counterparts WE KNOW what you mean :(

:slap:

lost in melb.
01-22-2020, 02:19 PM
Ocean is warming at rate of 5 Hiroshima nukes a second (https://nypost.com/2020/01/15/ocean-is-warming-at-rate-of-5-hiroshima-nukes-a-second/)

2019 was Australia’s hottest and driest year on record (v]https://www.newscientist.com/article/2019-2019-was-australias-hottest-and-driest-year-on-record/)

lost in melb.
01-22-2020, 02:21 PM
:slap:

Edu-cate yaself, man :slap:

lost in melb.
01-22-2020, 02:30 PM
World leaders to Greta:

Exactly.. It's hard to take these summits seriously when those in charge keep putting a little kid up on the stage talking to adults like she does.. This isn't 'Happy Feet', kid.

I've lined up her reply in the video for you.

https://youtu.be/CWBGbAZlpRU?t=266

Muddy
01-22-2020, 02:43 PM
I have no interest in watching or reading anything she has to say. :)

lost in melb.
01-22-2020, 03:16 PM
I have no interest in watching or reading anything she has to say. :)

Best leave decisions up to adults. They are the true custodians of the planet :)

Muddy
01-22-2020, 04:05 PM
I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or being a smarty pants..?

DemonGeminiX
01-22-2020, 04:10 PM

He's being sarcastic. You could infer that from his unhealthy obsession with an ugly underage Swedish girl that couldn't tell the difference between a piece of dog shit and a Cheerio. She speaks his climate change dialect.

DemonGeminiX
01-22-2020, 10:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5kRYkcBrpo

#Scoldilocks

lost in melb.
01-23-2020, 02:04 AM

He's being sarcastic. You could infer that from his unhealthy obsession with an ugly underage Swedish girl that couldn't tell the difference between a piece of dog shit and a Cheerio. She speaks his climate change dialect.

Deep breaths, guys. Your symptoms (https://womensagenda.com.au/latest/why-so-much-anger-about-a-young-woman-waning-privilege-syndrome/) will pass..:empathy:

lost in melb.
01-23-2020, 02:35 AM
Best leave decisions up to adults. They are the true custodians of the planet :)

I know you won't watch it, but it's the exact point she made in the part of the video I linked.

Adults have failed. All talk, no action.

DemonGeminiX
01-23-2020, 03:14 AM
:mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw7qnZ8vrMk

lost in melb.
01-23-2020, 11:39 AM
"The temperatures of the Earth are fluctuating and they always have". That's where I stopped. Dippy bitch :mrgreen:

New study links daily weather patterns to climate change for first time (https://www.nature.com/articles/s41558-019-0666-7)

lost in melb.
01-23-2020, 11:46 AM
"Those fires were started by arsonists."

My god. What a foul lying little bitch. ( unless you get your news from Murdoch)

:micdrop:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-23-2020, 11:48 AM
By Edmund DeMarche | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/OcbNVQjl.jpg

U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin took a shot at Greta Thunberg -- the famed teen climate activist -- on Thursday over her push at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, for companies to immediately cease all investments in fossil fuels.

Mnuchin was at a news conference in the Alpine town when he was asked about Thunberg's earlier appeal to abandon older sources of energy, according to Reuters.

"Is she the chief economist? ... After she goes to college and studies economics in college, she can come back and explain that to us," he was quoted saying.

Thunberg, 17, from Sweden, has been embraced by celebrities and is seen by supporters as a fierce, young voice capable of rallying support for her cause: to clean up the environmental mess left by previous generations. Her detractors view her as a media-generated star who admitted that she was surprised when she was named Time magazine's "Person of the Year."

There appears to be no love lost between Thunberg and President Trump, who called Time magazine's decision "ridiculous."

Thunberg said in September that talking to Trump at the U.N. General Assembly in New York City would have been a waste of time. In Davos, Thunberg took part in a panel discussion hosted by The New York Times, where she told the audience there is a real need for immediate action on climate change.

"Your inaction is fueling the flames by the hour,” she said, according to the Times. "Let's be clear. We don’t need a 'low carbon economy.' We don't need to 'lower emissions.' Our emissions have to stop."

Trump and Thunberg were both in Davos at the same time and "sparred indirectly," the Reuters report said, though Trump appeared to "extend an olive branch" when he told reporters he wished that he was able to hear her speak before he left.

lost in melb.
01-23-2020, 11:55 AM
It's not an economic matter, Lance. It's simple physics. She simply pointing out to limit global warming to 1.5 degrees c we need to cut all emissions now. It's really that simple.

Go explain economic rationalist theories of why we didn't do this to your grandchildren when they grow up. Oh, that's right we won't be around :-k

DemonGeminiX
01-23-2020, 12:19 PM
Is that a prediction, Mr. Gore?

Well, since we're not gonna be around, I'm gonna go outside and burn all of my trash and do whatever I want regardless of the impact. Since it's true that neither China nor India are slowing down their industrial output, and therefore are the major contributors to the pollution y'all are fighting (but aren't taking the Chinese or the Indians to task over it?), we're all dead anyway. It won't make one damn bit of difference.

And I do believe I saw an article stating that one of the fires started because of a flung cigarette? And I do recall some fires, if we don't take the catastrophe as a whole event, were started, in fact, by arsonists. People were charged with crimes. Don't get me wrong, I understand the unseasonably hot and dry season you guys have faced was a significant factor, and that lightning strikes and other natural occurrences take the majority of the blame, but you can't say that humans weren't involved at all. After all, we're talking about a bunch of fires across the continent, not just one or two.

And calling Liz a foul lying little bitch isn't very nice, you big meanie. [-(

DemonGeminiX
01-23-2020, 12:23 PM
"The temperatures of the Earth are fluctuating and they always have". That's where I stopped. Dippy bitch :mrgreen:

New study links daily weather patterns to climate change for first time (https://www.nature.com/articles/s41558-019-0666-7)

'Links'? Correlation does not imply causation. You have some guy's theory. And theories are fluid.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-23-2020, 01:13 PM
It's not an economic matter, Lance. It's simple physics. She simply pointing out to limit global warming to 1.5 degrees c we need to cut all emissions now. It's really that simple.

Go explain economic rationalist theories of why we didn't do this to your grandchildren when they grow up. Oh, that's right we won't be around :-k

It's not economic? :-s

Do you have any idea what would happen to the global economy if starting tomorrow use of all fossil fuels was banned?

Muddy
01-23-2020, 02:08 PM

Do you have any idea what would happen to the global economy if starting tomorrow use of all fossil fuels was banned?

The world would be saved by the culling of 6 billion people.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-23-2020, 02:25 PM
The world would be saved by the culling of 6 billion people.

https://i.imgur.com/ZFEHzRb.png

Teh One Who Knocks
01-23-2020, 05:32 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Rq2nEsRl.jpg

lost in melb.
01-24-2020, 01:50 AM

Not her problem. [-(

She's just pointing out facts

lost in melb.
01-24-2020, 01:56 AM
Is that a prediction, Mr. Gore?

Well, since we're not gonna be around, I'm gonna go outside and burn all of my trash and do whatever I want regardless of the impact. Since it's true that neither China nor India are slowing down their industrial output, and therefore are the major contributors to the pollution y'all are fighting (but aren't taking the Chinese or the Indians to task over it?), we're all dead anyway. It won't make one damn bit of difference.

And I do believe I saw an article stating that one of the fires started because of a flung cigarette? And I do recall some fires, if we don't take the catastrophe as a whole event, were started, in fact, by arsonists. People were charged with crimes. Don't get me wrong, I understand the unseasonably hot and dry season you guys have faced was a significant factor, and that lightning strikes and other natural occurrences take the majority of the blame, but you can't say that humans weren't involved at all. After all, we're talking about a bunch of fires across the continent, not just one or two.

And calling Liz a foul lying little bitch isn't very nice, you big meanie. [-(

Not one of the fires in my state of Victoria was suspicious. Ok, perhaps she didn't know that because of the limited news sources that she has. I guess I don't like her sarcastic and disdainful manner

India and China are a problem. However they are emulating the Western model for success. They're trying to be like us. Perhaps if the West leads a good example, this will have some influence.

Well, since we're not gonna be around, I'm gonna go outside and burn all of my trash and do whatever I want regardless of the impact.

:ffs:

Griffin
01-24-2020, 02:33 AM
She's just pointing out facts

Is it really facts or just manufactured data?

lost in melb.
01-24-2020, 03:11 AM
Is it really facts or just manufactured data?

Obviously what is happening now is data. What happens in the future is based on that data. There are degrees of error the further you get in the future.

I don't think the data is manufactured. If you go and have a look at NASA you'll see how they collect it.

lost in melb.
01-24-2020, 12:05 PM
https://youtu.be/uN5SMLj-2XA

Muddy
01-24-2020, 02:25 PM
Get used to it little lady.. There are tons and tons of well intentioned people out there. If it were as easy as just scolding someone lots of problems would have been taken care of long ago.

DemonGeminiX
01-25-2020, 06:18 AM
I keep meaning to respond to this, but it always comes out snarky and aggressive. After about 5 attempts, I've conceded that there's no way I can avoid that. Apologies in advance. :lol:

Not one of the fires in my state of Victoria was suspicious.

Is Victoria the only state that's burning? There are articles stating that there have been arrests and fines due to human involvement across Australia, so while your state's emergencies may have been due to natural occurrences, there are fires elsewhere in the land down under that were started by human hands, intentionally or otherwise.

Ok, perhaps she didn't know that because of the limited news sources that she has. I guess I don't like her sarcastic and disdainful manner

I think she's hot in that bitchy way that makes you want to dominate her because you know that deep down inside she wants to be put in her place, but whatever. She generalized. It might be her fault, her writer's fault, her producer's fault, or whatever.... but the fact remains that if you go case by case over all individual fires across all of Australia, you will find that there are some cases where she was right. But yes, painting it all with a broad brush is not good, but we're all guilty of that from time to time, even you.

India and China are a problem. However they are emulating the Western model for success. They're trying to be like us. Perhaps if the West leads a good example, this will have some influence.

Now here's the place where I usually get mean.

Your lovey-dovey ideology does not work, and it certainly won't work here, especially with China. Leading by example is not the answer. China does whatever the fuck China wants to do, regardless of what the bleeding hearts across the globe are crying about. And it's funny that those bleeding hearts are never pointing the finger at China, only at us. Apparently, the entire world knows that China will tell everybody to go fuck themselves. You just can't engage them unless you have some kind of leverage. We've already cut our emissions enough to make a difference and not impact our economy negatively. We're not going to handicap ourselves by doing anymore unless the technology is there, and trust me, it's not. We lead the world in technological research, and if there was an efficient and cost effective replacement for fossil fuels, then it would be all over the place. The tech isn't there yet. Until it is, we have to use the best available resources at our disposal. Back to China. They have to be strong armed to the table with constant pressure over the smallest minutiae, and even when an agreement is made, it's not guaranteed that they'll uphold their end of the agreement. Again, China does whatever the fuck China wants to do, regardless of the consequences. And they lie constantly. Communists. If you want to go over to Beijing and convince them to change their ways, that's your business. I'll send flowers to your relatives when you go missing.

I don't know a whole lot about India except that they're industrialized, they have nukes, they hate Pakistan, and Pakistan hates them. Centuries of generational mistreatment and territorial disputes, I believe. Also, apparently you can trip over semiprecious rocks and gems where ever you walk in India, because they sell them cheaper than the rest of the world. Oh yeah, some dude named Gandhi was out there protesting the British back in the late 1800s and Ben Kingsley got an Academy Award for portraying him back in the 80s. And Shiva will kick your ass. Destroyer of worlds and all that.

lost in melb.
01-27-2020, 11:26 AM
@DGX

Believe it or not I have Climate Change fatigue :doh:

But pushing on..
I think your assessment of madame is spot on ;)

China and India aren't even on my radar. But I do know that China is our biggest coal export - and India want's to build the biggest coal mine in the world here. So we have a few more potential leverage cards on the table. Main problem is we have too many grovelling, corrupt weasels for politicians...renuables are now cheaper than coal and so it gets harder and harder each year to sympathise with building new coal power plants.

India's PM Modi is pro-renuables as part of "liberating the peasants"

DemonGeminiX
01-27-2020, 01:46 PM
China should be on your radar. The smog of industry is so bad in their major cities that people there have to walk around outside with ventilation masks on, and it's been like that for close to a decade or more.

:-k

"Liberating the peasants" sounds kind of insulting.

lost in melb.
01-28-2020, 07:45 AM
"Liberating the peasants" sounds kind of insulting.

My paraphrase. Sometimes there isn't time to be politically correct