PDA

View Full Version : Brad Pitt gets political with Oscars acceptance speech, jabs Senate for Trump impeachment acquittal

Teh One Who Knocks
02-10-2020, 10:38 AM
By Tyler McCarthy | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/RimTNjIl.jpg

After winning the first award of the 2020 Oscars, Brad Pitt took a shot at Republican senators who voted against calling witnesses at President Trump’s impeachment trial.

The four-time Academy Award nominee won the best-supporting actor accolade for his role as a stuntman in “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.” The win marked his first-ever Academy Award win for acting. He immediately took the stage and got political by taking a jab at senators who voted against Democrats’ requests to call new witnesses in the impeachment trial, specifically former National Security Adviser John Bolton, who claimed he was willing to testify.

“They told me I only have 45 seconds up here, which is 45 seconds more than the Senate gave John Bolton this week,” Pitt said. “I’m thinking maybe Quentin [Tarantino] does a movie about it. In the end, the adults do the right thing.”
No new witnesses were called in Trump’s impeachment trial, for which he was ultimately acquitted by the Senate in a vote across party lines, with the exception of a lone Republican vote to convict coming from Sen. Mitt Romney.

Pitt had been expected to win the category after scooping up a series of honors this year, including at the Golden Globes and Screen Actors Guild Awards. Pitt’s politically driven tone was significantly different than previous wins, where he kept it light with jokes and breezy speeches.

Speaking backstage, the actor explained why he included a political jab in his Oscars acceptance speech.

"I was really disappointed with this week," he told reporters (via IndieWire). "And I think when gamesmanship trumps doing the right thing, it’s a sad day and I don’t think we should let it slide, and I’m very serious about that."
Pitt was more somber on Sunday, calling his win “incredible” as his peers cheered.

The actor plays the stunt double of an aging cowboy actor played by Leonardo DiCaprio, a best actor nominee, in Quentin Tarantino’s 1969 Hollywood fable.

“‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood,’ ain’t that the truth,” an emotional Pitt said before he thanked his children, Tarantino and DiCaprio.

“I’ll ride on your coattails any day,” he concluded of his co-star. “The view’s fantastic.”

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Muddy
02-10-2020, 12:17 PM
So disapoint.

DemonGeminiX
02-10-2020, 01:53 PM
Dammit, Brad. *Adds Pitt to the rejection list*

If these morons keep on talking shit, then I'm just gonna have to stop watching movies and TV altogether.

Muddy
02-10-2020, 04:33 PM

If these morons keep on talking shit, then I'm just gonna have to stop watching movies and TV altogether.

No doubt..

PorkChopSandwiches
02-10-2020, 05:57 PM
Unfortunate

Godfather
02-11-2020, 03:46 AM
Joaquin Phoenix's speech was so bizarre too, going on about how we shouldn't drink cow's milk :lol: Bud, take the award. If you wanna talk shit on twitter like the rest of us that's totally fine by me, have almost any opinion you want, I just won't follow.

lost in melb.
02-11-2020, 03:49 AM
They need to get in Ricky Gervais here as well :-k

Mind you part of this is Trump's Karma that he is solely and exclusively responsible for. A Uniter he is not.

Muddy
02-11-2020, 04:00 AM
They need to get in Ricky Gervais here as well :-k

Mind you part of this is Trump's Karma that he is solely and exclusively responsible for. A Uniter he is not.

The Boogeyman.. :lol:

lost in melb.
02-11-2020, 06:23 AM

Something that Trump supporters don't really get is... outside his base and outside America he is not a popular fellow. Gratitude for anything good that he might have done - not! :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-11-2020, 05:07 PM
Joaquin Phoenix's speech was so bizarre too, going on about how we shouldn't drink cow's milk :lol: Bud, take the award. If you wanna talk shit on twitter like the rest of us that's totally fine by me, have almost any opinion you want, I just won't follow.

Thats because hes a crack head