PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Putin blogger has throat slit in a hotel room after vocally opposing the Russian President

Teh One Who Knocks
02-10-2020, 10:45 AM
The Sun

https://i.imgur.com/boWyJITl.jpg

A Vladimir Putin critic has been found with his throat slit in what police are calling a "politically motivated" assassination in a French hotel.

Imran Aliev, 44, was found lying on the ground with "multiple wounds" in his chest and his throat slit with a bloodied knife next to it.

Aliev has been a strong critic of Vladimir Putin and Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov on his popular blog and youtube accounts for years, working under the pseudonyms of Mansur Stariy or Old Mansur.

His is the latest death to spark concerns of a Russian political hit squad running amok in Europe to hunt down any anti-establishment voices in hiding.

Aliev's 35-year-old Chechen traveling companion disappeared shortly after the shocking murder that was discovered by the hotel manager on January 30 after they failed to check out.
The pair had traveled from Aliev's home in Belgium where he was under police protection, to Lille, France, via train on January 29 where they booked into the Coq Hardi Hotel.

The day before his death, he told his wife and four children that he was leaving for a day in France "on business" after an unknown man showed up from Chechnya on the eve of the incident.

Officers are now hoping to track down Aliev's mysterious companion who is still missing over a week after the killing according to Business Insider.

A senior French police official said: "[Aliev] left Belgium Wednesday (Jan 29) where he was under police protection because of threats out of Russia and Chechnya over his opposition blogging.

"He was accompanied by another Chechen, who we have tentatively identified based on his travel documents.

"Obviously, considering Aliev's history and previous threats, we need to strongly examine the possibility of a state intelligence service in this murder.

"We are collecting and analyzing evidence from travel patterns, electronic intercepts, and other investigative tools at our disposal."

DemonGeminiX
02-10-2020, 02:24 PM
Nooooooooo.... Putin would never do that...... he's a shining example of what a man running a government should be like! Right, liberals?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-10-2020, 02:29 PM
It's an unfortunate coincidence :hand:

Muddy
02-10-2020, 04:37 PM
KGB, baby..

PorkChopSandwiches
02-10-2020, 05:59 PM
He probably cut himself shaving

lost in melb.
02-10-2020, 09:22 PM
Nooooooooo.... Putin would never do that...... he's a shining example of what a man running a government should be like! Right, liberals?

Get real dude.

And it's the Right that love Putin. you know that

DemonGeminiX
02-10-2020, 11:03 PM
Get real dude.

And it's the Right that love Putin. you know that

I am real, dude. And no, the right doesn't love Putin. When Romney was running against Obama in 2012, Obama told Romney in a debate that the 80's wanted their foreign policy back when Romney said that Russia was a threat to us. Hillary sold Uranium to the Russians in exchange for a donation to the Clinton Foundation. The left just used Russia to try to oust Trump, when in reality, they're guilty of the things they accused Trump of.

So you get real, dude. You're wrong.

lost in melb.
02-11-2020, 01:35 AM
I am real, dude. And no, the right doesn't love Putin.

Internet memes say otherwise :rolleyes:

DemonGeminiX
02-11-2020, 01:46 AM
Internet memes say otherwise :rolleyes:

Internet memes created by politically illiterate idiots? That's the evidence for your assertion?

Did you box a kangaroo on your birthday, or fall on your head when your were drunk or something? :-k

lost in melb.
02-11-2020, 03:23 AM
Internet memes created by politically illiterate idiots? That's the evidence for your assertion?

I'm pretty sure there's a few here somewhere :ok:

http://www.tehfalloutshelter.com/showthread.php?46776-Political-Cartoons-amp-Memes/page191

Did you box a kangaroo on your birthday, or fall on your head when your were drunk or something? :-k

I ate Malaysian food :-k

DemonGeminiX
02-11-2020, 03:55 AM
I ate Malaysian food :-k

That'll do it.

Muddy
02-11-2020, 03:58 AM
Dgx is sounding pretty solid on this, to me..

lost in melb.
02-11-2020, 04:12 AM
I honestly haven't heard of Putin as an example of 'government bureaucracy ', more as a dictator. Arguably he does look after Russia's interests pretty well.

Conservatives like...well lets say, ...admire him because they see him as strong. Thought that was almost an accepted fact :dunno:

DemonGeminiX
02-11-2020, 04:35 AM
I honestly haven't heard of Putin as an example of 'government bureaucracy ', more as a dictator. Arguably he does look after Russia's interests pretty well.

Conservatives like...well lets say, ...admire him because they see him as strong. Thought that was almost an accepted fact :dunno:

No one admires him. He's a dictator, and recent events in the Russian government has seen him move to unabashedly solidify his position as a dictator. He's dangerous, to our interests, and to Russia's own people. He's a prime example of the adage "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer". One eye has to be kept on him at all times.

I don't know where you got your "fact" from, but it's wrong.

lost in melb.
02-11-2020, 06:12 AM
https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/603433/

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/02/how-russia-became-a-leader-of-the-worldwide-christian-right-214755

As the founder of the Traditionalist Worker Party, an American group that aims to preserve the privileged place of whiteness in Western civilization and fight “anti-Christian degeneracy,” Matthew Heimbach knows whom he envisions as the ideal ruler: the Russian president, Vladimir V. Putin.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/03/world/americas/alt-right-vladimir-putin.html

“Russia is our biggest inspiration,” Mr. Heimbach said. “I see President Putin as the leader of the free world.”

Like Trump, leaders and followers of the Religious Right admire Putin and the country he is building. They want the United States to be more like Russia.

When it comes to religion and the interaction between church and state, Putin’s Russia is far removed from the official atheism of the Soviet era. Under Putin, the Russian Orthodox Church has assumed a prominent position, both culturally and politically, and the “traditional values” that church leaders champion are becoming government policy. In many ways, modern Russia is the Religious Right’s ideal society.

lost in melb.
02-11-2020, 06:15 AM
So we're talking religious Right here. A minority, but I wouldn't say 'no one'.

DemonGeminiX
02-11-2020, 02:50 PM
So we're talking religious Right here. A minority, but I wouldn't say 'no one'.

Bullshit. The Traditionalist Worker's Party? They're Neo-Nazis. Or they were. They don't exist anymore. Matthew Heimbach's a Neo-Nazi anti-semitic asshole. He hates Jewish people. I can personally guarantee you that the religious Right in this country doesn't even remotely identify with this nutjob idiot, and it doesn't surprise me that the leftist NY Times would try to pigeonhole the religious Right in with him.

Do you even think about the shit you post?

lost in melb.
02-11-2020, 07:48 PM
Bullshit. The Traditionalist Worker's Party? They're Neo-Nazis. Or they were. They don't exist anymore. Matthew Heimbach's a Neo-Nazi anti-semitic asshole. He hates Jewish people. I can personally guarantee you that the religious Right in this country doesn't even remotely identify with this nutjob idiot, and it doesn't surprise me that the leftist NY Times would try to pigeonhole the religious Right in with him.

Do you even think about the shit you post?

Well we would have to do a statistical survey to determine the truth, wouldn't we?

You supply funding and I'll supply the statisticians :tup:

DemonGeminiX
02-11-2020, 08:27 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditionalist_Worker_Party

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/traditionalist-worker-party

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Heimbach

The religious Right overwhelmingly supports Israel. I don't need researchers to tell me who they support and what they oppose. I live in the Bible Belt South and I'm surrounded by them.

Quit trolling.