PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Court agrees to review ObamaCare challenge over funding mechanism

Teh One Who Knocks
03-02-2020, 02:57 PM
By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/1YLcQdfl.jpg

The U.S. Supreme Court announced Monday that it will review a challenge to the Affordable Care Act's constitutionality after a group of states led by Texas claimed that there is no longer a legal justification for it.

The law, commonly known as ObamaCare, was first upheld by the Supreme Court under the justification that by tying the individual mandate to a financial penalty it fell under Congress' taxation power. When President Trump eliminated the penalty, Republican-led states claimed there was no longer a legal basis for the mandate.

A lower court ruling declared that part of the law is now unconstitutional and cast a cloud over the rest. A group of 20 Democratic states appealed. A decision from the Supreme Court is not expected until after the 2020 election.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-02-2020, 04:34 PM
Everyone in CA loved that fine, so the reinstated it here

Teh One Who Knocks
03-02-2020, 04:40 PM
Everyone in CA loved that fine, so the reinstated it here

I don't know how you live in that state bud.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-02-2020, 04:51 PM
:lol: The weather is hard to keep using as an excuse. I mean I dont have to pay the fine, only the poor people who cant afford insurance have to

Teh One Who Knocks
03-02-2020, 04:58 PM
:lol: The weather is hard to keep using as an excuse. I mean I dont have to pay the fine, only the poor people who cant afford insurance have to

Not just the Obamacare tax, literally everything that goes on in Cali anymore :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
03-02-2020, 05:09 PM
I know :facepalm: