PDA

View Full Version : 8-year-old boy wins $200 worth of cannabis products at hockey tournament

Teh One Who Knocks
03-05-2020, 11:36 AM
By DAVID MATTHEWS - NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

https://i.imgur.com/KyB1AkP.jpg

An 8-year-old Canadian boy won $200 worth of cannabis products, including marijuana edibles and a pipe, at a raffle at a youth hockey tournament in British Columbia.

“Each team is usually responsible for putting a gift basket or prize package together with a minimum value of $50,” Keith Redl, the boy’s grandfather, told CTV News. “And then what they do is they have a big setup and they have a paper bag taped in front of each one of these prizes.”

Previous prize packs have included movie tickets and board games.

The boy apparently received raffle tickets from his father and picked a package filled with chocolate, but at the end of the tournament the family was notified the boy had actually won cannabis products.

“My grandson thought he won a great prize,” Redl said. “‘Dad, I won chocolate!’ ‘No, son, there’s bad drugs in the chocolate.’ How do you explain that to a kid?”

The tournament’s organizers told CTV that the boy’s father, Redl’s son, claimed the prize after being told what it was.

“The raffle winner was told the basket contained cannabis products and was given the option of not accepting the prize,” the Dawson Creek Minor Hockey Association said in a statement. “The winner chose to take the prize, their identification was checked to ensure they were of legal age (19+), and the donor then delivered the basket to the winners.”

The legal age of consumption in Canada is 19.

Redl, who was a police officer for 32 years, was not satisfied with the association’s explanation.

“There is no place for drugs at a child’s hockey tournament," he said.

Goofy
03-05-2020, 01:24 PM
:snigger:

Muddy
03-05-2020, 02:06 PM
:snigger:

:racist:

Goofy
03-05-2020, 04:08 PM
:racist:
Snigga please :hand:

Muddy