PDA

View Full Version : The Cheesecake Factory says it will not be able to pay rent for any of its storefronts on April 1

Teh One Who Knocks
03-26-2020, 11:24 AM
BY MARTY JOHNSON - The Hill

https://i.imgur.com/jOWXMph.jpg

The Cheesecake Factory says it will not be able to pay rent on its nearly 300 storefronts come April 1 due to the loss of income it has sustained during the coronavirus outbreak.

In a March 18 letter the company's landlords, company chairman and CEO David Overton wrote: "Due to these extraordinary events, I am asking for your patience and, frankly, your help."

"Unfortunately, I must let you know that The Cheesecake Factory and its affiliated restaurant concepts will not make any of their rent payments for the month of April2020," he added.

On Monday, California-based company let investors know that it was tapping into a $90 million line of credit to increase its liquidity and stop construction on unopened restaurants, Eater reports. Additionally, 27 of the company's restaurants have been temporarily closed since the onset of the pandemic and its stock has dropped by over half in the past month.

Restaurants all across the country have been forced to either shut down completely are switch to a take-out only model, as local and federal officials try to stop of the spread of COVID-19.

The Cheesecake Factory has over 38,000 employees making it one of the largest employers in the U.S.

DemonGeminiX
03-26-2020, 11:48 AM
I've never eaten at a Cheesecake Factory... which is odd because I love cheesecake.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-26-2020, 11:55 AM
The only one I know of around here is in downtown Denver.

DemonGeminiX
03-26-2020, 11:56 AM
I think there's one or two down in Jacksonville. :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
03-26-2020, 12:07 PM
I just Googled it, there's actually 3 in metro Denver, but the one right downtown is the closest to me. The other two are way down on the southern side of the metro area. I live way up on the north side.

DemonGeminiX
03-26-2020, 12:11 PM
There's one down in the St. John's Town Center, where I usually go to eat at Maggiano's.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-26-2020, 04:33 PM
Its ok, not really anything I go out of my way to visit.

lost in melb.
03-26-2020, 09:19 PM
No point landlords evicting as they won't get new commercial tenants anyhow. Problem is, what happens to the landlords if they are dependent on that income to pay their own mortgages :-k

Godfather
03-27-2020, 02:37 AM
It's going to be wild to see how many huge name brands have zero liquidity in the next couple weeks. Airlines are dead first, especially the ones in North and Latin America.

Griffin
03-27-2020, 03:19 AM
Looks like the democrats figured how to get the airlines to cut emissions.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2020, 02:05 PM
Looks like the democrats figured how to get the airlines to cut emissions.

Lol I said the same to my wife. If they aren't flying it's a huge cut ��